Flintoff retires from test cricket

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/ashes/story/0,26376,12340_5434371,00.html

Can't believe it, I know his body is knackered but I thought he had a good couple of years left yet.
I'll never forget the 2005 Ashes series and Freddie's contribution, as well as the pissed up pictures, falling out of the hotel and on the bus.
Sir Freddie of Flintoff, I salute You! :bow:

I think the 2005 Ashes series is way over rated.....
In a series of 5 games.... England won 2 and won the series..... granted it was one more than the Aussies won..... but they failed to win 3 of the games.... and all the players got MBE's (or OBE's) for doing so:crazy:
At least the football and ruby world cup winners had to beat the world to get their gongs :rolleyes:

Cricket is 12 month a year game now.....and as boring as baseball:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I agree to a certain extent JJ, it's just there's not many real characters in cricket and to lose a man like Freddie can only be a bad thing.
It certainly won't be anywhere near as exciting watching England after this series.

Considering we're never ever going to win the football world cup again, I'll take any small triumph I can find.

This time next year, England's triumphant squad return from South Africa, lead by Manchester City's John Terry (capt), Gareth Barry, SWP, Nedum O and Micah Richards:thumb:
You better believe it:bow:

Jukebox Jury

Well, I am the SMALLEST of small stake gamblers. I backed the winner in the Grand National at 100-1 but only won £60 cos of my cheapskatedness.

A copy of your next book against a copy of my next album?

hang on a bit (starts sweating here)
are we betting that England will win or that Terry, Barry, SWP, Nedum and Micah will be in the team as well:confused:

Jukebox Jury

No, I'll just wager on England coming back with the trophy. I expect those players will be in the team anyway.

Go on then..... book / album bet (*offers right hand out for a shake*)
Not sure England will win, but seeing as I'll just pinch a copy of the book from the publishers...I have nowt to lose:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

I don't know who he is, but the more people to retire from cricket, the better.

Go on then..... book / album bet (*offers right hand out for a shake*)
Not sure England will win, but seeing as I'll just pinch a copy of the book from the publishers...I have nowt to lose:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

My worry is, I haven't done an album for four years, I'm hoping it'll be ready for the world cup!

Back
Top Bottom