Footage of Ian Tomlinson

Surprised there hasn't been more posts on this
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's horrendous and I found it quite upsetting watching it this morning. The way that the policeman pushes him so violently and supposedly unprovoked... I wonder what excuse the Met will come up with this time? Perhaps they thought he had his hands in his pockets because he was reaching for a gun.

And look how the rest of the police just stand around not bothering to help him up. They are becoming more and more thug minded. Our most violent local football team is not a prison team or an inner city team, but the team made up of local policemen. Their games regularly end up with either an abandonment or at least one send off for violent conduct. Says it all really.

Last edited:
I was there. Didn't see him, but yeah. I can identify one of the cops in that footage. If you see the other footage from Climate Camp, it's amazing only one person was killed to be honest. There were lots of head wounds. Anyone who's surprised by this has had a very sheltered life though.

I was there. Didn't see him, but yeah. I can identify one of the cops in that footage. If you see the other footage from Climate Camp, it's amazing only one person was killed to be honest. There were lots of head wounds. Anyone who's surprised by this has had a very sheltered life though.

Not one person I have spoken to about this has been in the least bit surprised. Shocked perhaps at the open brutality of the police force and the probable coverup, but not surprised by it.

If you're not shocked by it then you have something wrong with you :straightface:

Not one person I have spoken to about this has been in the least bit surprised. Shocked perhaps at the open brutality of the police force and the probable coverup, but not surprised by it.

If you're not shocked by it then you have something wrong with you :straightface:

I know people who have been surprised by it. To me the word shock implies that you didn't expect it to a certain degree. This is exactly what I expect from the cops. It makes me angry and disgusted, though.

Why was he walking so slowly right in front of them?

Why was he walking so slowly right in front of them?

Yes,that is odd.
One bad policeman doesn't mean the whole force is bad.
There is really no comparison with the Menedez death.

Yes,that is odd.
One bad policeman doesn't mean the whole force is bad.
There is really no comparison with the Menedez death.

Look at the footage from the Climate Camp eviction. It's a line of riot cops attacking peaceful people, who are putting their hands up to show they don't want violence and are just getting battered by the cops. It made me want to scream like a liberal.

I know people who have been surprised by it. To me the word shock implies that you didn't expect it to a certain degree. This is exactly what I expect from the cops. It makes me angry and disgusted, though.

Shock does not necessitate surprise. It's the sort of behaviour I have come to expect from the police but seeing it caught on camera moments before the man died is shocking. I've not exactly lived a sheltered life either. I live in a city where we've had a massive problem with guns, drugs and gangs. I was in this pub once when I was 16 and a guy was stabbed outside. The landlord was more concerned with snatching our drinks off us and chucking everyone out before the filth arrived than helping the guy bleeding heavily in the pub entrance...!

Back
Top Bottom