For Britain YT: "We're proud to stand with Morrissey" (April 20, 2021)

No - my point was - who was the person that said the things that started this all off? Was it The Simpsons? No. Was it Morrissey? Yes. He has no one else to blame. He should own what he said, and say he meant every word.

The Simpsons would have had no material to go on had Morrissey not said the things he did.
Okay, I see your point. In that case, it is probably fair to say that Morrissey has always been an easy target for parody and satire, well-meant or hurtful, even in the days that you still were a diehard fan.

And stories of the type "You were good in your days but look what you have become" will always resonate with people because it is so recognizable.

Of course, you can argue that his sense of humor has gotten worse over the years, and that his vitriol was gotten increasingly out of touch with his fanbase. But Morrissey has always courted controversy so from that perspective, it was only a matter of finding "the right moment".

Yes the Simpsons fabricated those words he never said he hated foreigners he only hinted at it in interviews.

let’s see he said something to the sorts that immigration and the influx foreigners into England his own country that
he himself no longer lives in that the influx of foreigners was diluting England’s nationality. When hit with allegations of racism he said those words are meaningless now and that everyone prefers they’re own race. Also that he’s had staunchly supported For Britain a far right wing political party that borders on hate group, so yeah there is a lot of context there for a writer to come up with the idea that they did for the show.
You must be really proud of your own dumbness :)

Well, there you go. Morrissey phones round his racist mates and gets them to stick up for him.

Oh is that what happened?
Lol. :crazy:

How do you know this ?
If you honestly believe that For Britain thing is the result of Morrissey phoning AMW and saying "please put something out there, I need your support" you are way, way more f***ed in the head than we all thought you were anyway. She's just using his name to try desperately to promote her miniscule, crackpot "party".

:thumb: informative

I'd still love him & argue for his art/other aspects of his personality - but I would have to acknowledge that there was a dark side & that those policies are racist.

I don't see it though. Unless he's had a complete breakdown.

Why are they racist? Because they are against mass immigration? Twitter clearly disagree with you as they haven't deleted her account.

Well, there you go. Morrissey phones round his racist mates and gets them to stick up for him. It's sick-inducing. The people who were too racist for Farage's UKIP are now some of his only friends. What does that tell you?
The fact that this idiot includes things like "Morrissey phones round his racist mates" shows that he isn't the least bit interested in facts or reality. He has just invented some scenario where Morrissey is phoning people up. Doesn't give a damn about actual racism, just hates Morrissey. This makes him far worse than anything he accuses Morrissey of being. He hijacks actual issues and uses them to have a go at others. Disgusting person.

You hate him so much it's clouding your judgement. You might not have called him out but he's been relentlessly attacked in the press for all of his opinions. It's not surprising he lost sight of real threats to his career when he was having to deal with endless denunciations.

judgment clouded? Lol.

Next Skinny will be saying AMW is pregnant with Morrissey’s baby.

All because he once wore a pin.

Look at all the virtual pearl clutching and excited outrage. Please explain how the For Britain or Tommy Robinson types are “racist” exactly? A criticism of Islam and wanting to limit its growth would likely be shared by the vast majority of indigenous Brits.

Nothing extreme whatsoever about Morrissey feeling likewise.
If the criticism was of ethnicity then Sikhs and Hindus would be in the same boat but that isn’t the case. It’s all one big virtue circle jerk.

If you want a categorical and accurate criticism of For Britain then attack their denial of anthropogenic climate change. Something harmful with no basis in fact.

I knew you were one of them - you lied to me.

It's the wanting to limit its growth by assuming everyone from outside Europe shares the same religious beliefs & that religious beliefs are biological.

Europe has 'indigenous' Muslim populations & like Christianity, it converts. You can't lock out ideas by locking out people.

She needs to quit YouTube & regain some sanity & perspective.

There is nothing in that to suggest he contacted her.

She was proud to have no celebrity support a few weeks ago.

She's reacting to the press.
I hope you are not suggesting that Peter has invented his own truth in order to support his own perpetually obsessed, limp-dicked, mentalist comments? He would NEVER do such a thing! Oh...

He should have ignored it.

Maybe, if everybody else ignored it too.

But nobody did.

Morrissey-solo didn't.

Therefore, there was a lot of unspoken pressure on him to say something about it. And I'm glad he did. His statement gave me a sense of relief as a felt him owning every word he wrote.

She didn't have those policies.

She started in the National Secular Society - which has an off-shoot One Law For All which campaigns against Sharia law courts - it's liberal-left.

She left when she wanted to team up with Tommy Robinson who offered to help them get publicity to make himself look more legit & they sensibly refused.

She was more or less pretending to be a more vocal & attention grabbing version of One Law.

Her rhetoric doesn't do a full shift into the far right until August 2019 - 4 months after Pingate.

It's not that difficult to get someone to get you a badge or to be given one - he obviously collects them.
Total and utter crap as always. They were blatantly a far-right party when he promoted them. The manifesto was out for all to see in March 2019 well before he wore that bloody pin. Slash taxes for the rich including abolishing inheritance tax, freeze immigration, scrap foreign aid and green taxes to spend billions more on military expenditure, deny the climate crisis. Classic far right policies - a bunch of truly nasty f***ers, and all clear to see in early 2019 on their website. Yes, that's right - he probably just chanced upon the pin. Where I live, you can't move for For Britain pins littering the ground.

Why are they racist? Because they are against mass immigration? Twitter clearly disagree with you as they haven't deleted her account.

They did ban her account. She's sneaked back on.

She links religious belief to biology.

I don't know how many times I have to say this - if you link it to biology, you are a racist.

Question:
I seldom do politics - it's often a futile affair in the context of 'chat' forums. That said, if Morrissey is taken out of the equation for a moment, can someone explain the actual real world threats / dangers people would be exposed to day to day by that marginal group with a few hundred votes total ever and what issues that poses to the majority of the populace.
I presume, as long as they don't cross the line in to 'extremism' and maintain being a "legitimate" electable party via the Electoral Commission then they have the right to exist (extremism here is defined as anything that would get their party removed from elections - not what people think they may be doing).
Isn't the point here that democracy is working as they never get any power or influence and remain marginalised.
Conversely, if 60% of the population suddenly voted for them then we're in to 'will of the people' territory and that would be equally valid in a democratic system.
I'm not getting the scale of vitriol aimed at them as I'm not seeing any huge consequences for having such an insignificant group bite at people's ankles or that anyone is at significant risk from their rhetoric.
Sensible replies welcomed rather than 'they think the opposite of me therefore they're the enemy & automatically wrong' arguments.
Regards,
FWD.

the tories ignored controlled imigration and the result is up to 5 million people from hong kong could be heading here in the next few years,lets see how the nhs copes with that.

I don't know how many times I have to say this - if you link it to biology, you are a racist.

If anyone links religious belief to biology, she/he is not only a racist, but also an obscurantist.

How / where does she link religious belief to biology?

You know the word racist has been redefined by the woke to mean 'anyone who criticises mass immigration'.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom