For f**ks sake!

Emotional Guide Dog

Chairman Of The Bored
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8146609.stm

Oh by the way, I'm upset that there's been another death in this fine city but what I'm more pissed off at is that this guy is 18 & the BBC describe him as a 'boy'

Earlier this week, they used quotation marks around the word 'attack' when describing that scumbag Nottighamshire pyscho murdering bastard teacher. The implication being that it might not be an attack. Rule 1 of journalism, quote marks go around opinion.

Last edited:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8146609.stm

Oh by the way, I'm upset that there's been another death in this fine city but what I'm more pissed off at is that this guy is 18 & the BBC describe him as a 'boy'

Earlier this week, they used quotation marks around the word 'attack' when describing that scumbag Nottighamshire pyscho murdering bastard teacher. The implication being that it might not be an attack. Rule 1 of journalism, quote marks go around opinion.

:eek:
I bought my MEN from that Spar yesterday afternoon......
Terrible waste of life......

Jukebox Jury

:eek:
I bought my MEN from that Spar yesterday afternoon......
Terrible waste of life......

Jukebox Jury

I've been in that Spar post Smiths Disco many a time. No-end of nutters hanging around. They should perhaps not let it open 24 hours anymore. Also, there's a security guard works that store at night. What the f*** was HE doing?

f*** me, it was the police that described him as a boy. It's sickening.

Last edited:
I've been in that Spar post Smiths Disco many a time. No-end of nutters hanging around. They should perhaps not let it open 24 hours anymore. Also, there's a security guard works that store at night. What the f*** was HE doing?

It was outside the Spar.... to be honest..... security are there to deter shoplifters inside the store..... would you go outside and stop a fight? I wouldn't... not for minimum wage....

Jukebox Jury

Wonderful City, but a City with its problems like all others.
I agree its a terrible waste of life, but lets not jump all over the security guard.

Police have arrested a gang of 8. Would YOU have intervened in a gang beating, considering 8 were arrested but maybe 16 were there?

I'd love to believe I'd have intervened, but sadly I'd probably have walked on by, trying not to catch their eye and induce a beat down on myself.

Pathetic I know, but people don't fight fair and give you a chance, as poor Mr Flint has seen. Tragic. RIP

Wonderful City, but a City with its problems like all others.
I agree its a terrible waste of life, but lets not jump all over the security guard.

Police have arrested a gang of 8. Would YOU have intervened in a gang beating, considering 8 were arrested but maybe 16 were there?

I'd love to believe I'd have intervened, but sadly I'd probably have walked on by, trying not to catch their eye and induce a beat down on myself.

Pathetic I know, but people don't fight fair and give you a chance, as poor Mr Flint has seen. Tragic. RIP

I hereby withdraw my comment about the security guard.

EGD - Your distress is palpable, and commendable. We live in a sick world. Could most of those things Moz says be true?

EGD - Your distress is palpable, and commendable. We live in a sick world. Could most of those things Moz says be true?

I am. But seriously, as much as the murder has bothered me, I'm as upset by the BBC & the police describing the victim as a 'boy'.
18 is a legal adult & it's completely out of order to describe an 18 year old as a boy.

I cared about all this when I was 18, just cos I'm 27 now doesn't make it any less true.

These guys are usually involved in gangs.You see these teens getting murdered in the papers and thier family saying they were angels when in reality they were little shits.

yep, and they always have a knife on them, if it wasn't them who got killed, they'd have killed someone else

To the two posters previous to this one:

The guy who got beaten to death (not stabbed or shot) was from Glossop. If either of you are aware of Glossop being a gang heartland, so share with the rest of us.

If not, check the facts before commentating, the both of you sounded like Daily Mail reporters for a minute.

thats a shame to read EGD :( but you do know its only going to get a lot worse there :straightface:
and not better anytime soon in our lifetimes :eek: or maybe even ever for most of such a place as what was once "merry old England" :cool:
so good luck someday :thumb: when you eventually decide to get out for good :o

Back
Top Bottom