10. Jobriath - Jobriath

Buy these today or drop dead.
-Morrissey.

Related items:

Last edited:
As the anonymous poster referenced:

True to You edits Morrissey Favourite Albums list - Jan 24, 2011

Dave2006 writes:
Je Suis Julie has noticed that True to You has edited Bryan Ferret out of the list of Morrissey's favourite albums. Roxy Music has been replaced at number 9 by Henryk Gorecki Symphony Number 3.

Pre 2011 web archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100817213458/http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_100814_01
Thanks for this.
Given the project I'm doing, I guess I should have been aware of the ol' switcheroo going on with number 9.
Well spotted by the person from 'that other site' too ;)
Regards,
FWD.

Did you see what he did? It was immediately obvious to me.

This list is all about Roxy Music. He once said that he couldn’t ever listen to them after discovering that Bryan Ferry was a supporter of Fox Hunting. Fast forward to 2019, and swathes of his own and general music fans are doing the same about his own support for a political party. He’s put out a list of 10 songs and in so doing craftily negated a inconvenient personal stance that so far hasn’t been picked up on.

Revisionist Morrissey.
I had noticed also. He is clearly making the point that you can still love someone's art even if you don't support their views.

I had noticed also. He is clearly making the point that you can still love someone's art even if you don't support their views.
Yes, spurred on by Nick Cave's words on the subject yesterday no doubt.
That must have done Moz a lot of good.

On a sidenote, if Johnny Marr ever has a chance of the reunion happening, now is the time.
A few public words of support for Moz, and it could happen in a heartbeat.

Did you see what he did? It was immediately obvious to me.

This list is all about Roxy Music. He once said that he couldn’t ever listen to them after discovering that Bryan Ferry was a supporter of Fox Hunting. Fast forward to 2019, and swathes of his own and general music fans are doing the same about his own support for a political party. He’s put out a list of 10 songs and in so doing craftily negated a inconvenient personal stance that so far hasn’t been picked up on.

Revisionist Morrissey.
Well, not really. He's gone back and forth on Ferry, but he's gone against that statement he made since 2010.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-261-1297187
Heck, he went off Ferry when he was a teenager because Ferry liked veal.... but he came back. He's apologized for promoting Byran Ferry, but he couldn't keep away.
Now, let's stop this overanalysis. Sometimes a list of one's favorite records is just a list of on'es favorite records.

CA635B23-4C8E-4B0D-9D71-5974118EE8E5.gif

“Yay, I’m back on Morrissey’s top 10 list!”

On a sidenote, if Johnny Marr ever has a chance of the reunion happening, now is the time.
A few public words of support for Moz, and it could happen in a heartbeat.

There is a better chance that this heartbeat is re-released and lands in the top ten than the two of them reuniting. And, as a side note, his eleventh favorite recording.

There is a better chance that this heartbeat is re-released and lands in the top ten than the two of them reuniting. And, as a side note, his eleventh favorite recording.

I truly look forward to the day you and @rifke step into the ring to box each other for my affections (set to a soundtrack featuring the LPs listed by M) I'm sure when that day comes, I'll be locked in a mouldy executive suite at the local Hilton Garden Inn figuring out way to neutralize Jeff Beck on behalf of "Clapton" Such is life.

No black artists? All the artists on that list are influenced by black artists, no debate. And his record collection is much wider than these 10 albums.

Amongst all the crap that’s happening, mostly with the Guardian harassing him, he finds it important for him to list these records as if his fans didn’t already know which records are dear to him, shaped him, and made him who he is today.

Always looking back, but now maybe more so, nostalgic for those teen years when he first heard these records, before the Smiths and the fame and the crap he has to deal with these days. Compared to now, for him, maybe they were better times, being unknown and left alone.

Anyway, he’s right again, these are great and influential recordings.

The Velvet Underground, Stooges and the Dolls influenced punk which influenced all that came after.
Would be nice if any artist now can create something as beautiful and complete as any of those
works of art that are on his list. There is a time and place for everything, and I’m afraid we’ll never again see artists like those again.

Morrissey may very well be the last of the greats to grace our lonely planet ...

be thankful.

<>

Last edited:
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: should start looking for work at a convenience store if his other option is pleading and praying to Moz to take him back.:ha-no:

Not to mention the queer and female figures. But the new left hasnt quite figured out how to completely square sexuality and gender with their sheer hatred of the “white male”.

View attachment 50663

I love “For Your Pleasure” by Roxy Music. Don’t care about the other ones.

Bryan Ferry truly is The Last Of The International Playboys!
totally agree eric,seen roxy and ferry many times in concert,so many great songs.

I truly look forward to the day you and @rifke step into the ring to box each other for my affections (set to a soundtrack featuring the LPs listed by M) I'm sure when that day comes, I'll be locked in a mouldy executive suite at the local Hilton Garden Inn figuring out way to neutralize Jeff Beck on behalf of "Clapton" Such is life.
poli assuming each album lasts 40 minutes times ten that's 133 rounds of fisticuffs,hope rifke and evennow have had their porridge.

Last edited:
FOR HISTORIC RECORD, BEFORE I DIE. - Morrissey Central
June 28, 2019

…the ten most important recordings

1. New York Dolls - New York Dolls
2. Horses - Patti Smith
3. Chelsea Girl - Nico
4. Ramones - Ramones
5. Raw Power - The Stooges
6. The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico
7. Kimono My House - Sparks
8. For Your Pleasure - Roxy Music
9. White Light/White Heat - The Velvet Underground
10. Jobriath - Jobriath

Buy these today or drop dead.
-Morrissey.

As if this granda music list will make any difference

He's out of time

87C33710-A733-487B-9320-EF091FEFC0EF.gif

totally agree eric,seen roxy and ferry many times in concert,so many great songs.

Yes, I agree. Great singer, great music and no bullshit. Last year I saw him perform in Amsterdam with his band and the Dutch Metropole Orchestra. Amazing evening!

Morrissey could learn a thing or two from him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom