Frank Sidebottom has died.

R.I.P Frank.
I saw him loads of times back in the '80s-90's....always a fun night.
I also " booked" him once to play at a Childrens party we arranged (While working in Fords Motor Factory, Halewood...) for the workers kids.
He was UTTERLY Brilliant....(..you know he was....he reallllly was.....).The Children LOVED him...( adults were smiling at his Antics too....A GREAT Entertainer...)
Thanks for the smiles Frank....R.I.P. Chris.

Saw him twice. Once at Reading Festival (many many moons ago) where he replaced the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow as they were not granted a licence to perform and Frank had us all in stitches. And more poignantly (I guess in light of his passing away) quite recently supporting John Cooper Clarke.

What a pity, a true original.

He must be an acquired taste,I found him about as funny as...well,cancer

My friend and I were talking to him before some cricket game he was playing and we couldn't stop looking(and laughing) at the white crap on his lips and his 1970s Roger Datrey hair.

RIP Frank/Chris.
Both great men.

Just a small point, but can we all stop using the 'you know he did, he really did' line when writing about Frank?

It's starting to bug me as much as the over use of "Heaven knows he's .... now" phrase much loved by lazy sub editors and ignorant headline writers on Moz articles.

Thank You!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. :tears: I bet heaven feels like it felt whenever he took that sweaty head off, refreshing and free...except all the time. :o

mail

Frank supporting the Salford Lads Club at the BigBikeStrikesAgain bike ride October 2007.

Last edited:
f*** cancer! I'm quite serious, f*** IT! I'm very, VERY tired of it eating away people before theire time. f*** cancer![/QUOTE
I'm totally on the same page with you, Mikael. To see a loved one being gradually eaten away from it is f***ing horrendous. it's f***ing evil, cancer is. At least most heart attack victims don't have to suffer for prolonged periods of time, like most cancer patients do..

Back
Top Bottom