Galaxie 500 / Luna / Dean & Britta

oye terence

ampersand after ampersand
I think Dean Wareham is a highly under rated musician.He has consistently been making wonderful music for over two decades now.I think he deserves a thread, any other fans ?

Galaxie 500

[youtube]OjEOJqN3wVY&feature=related[/youtube]

Luna

Dean & Britta

[youtube]Kv1KpSAT7dc&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dean Wareham is fantastic. Glad to see he has got a thread even if no-one is posting on it. Galaxie 500 made some really wonderful music and so did Luna. I've just got the "13 Most Beautiful.... Songs For Andy Warhol's Screen Tests" on DVD. Dean & Britta do the music and it is a little gem. Shame that Joe Dallesandro is not one of the screen tests featured but you do get Nico, Lou Reed, Edie Sedgwick etc. Dean has also penned an impressive book called 'Black Postards'.

Dean Wareham is fantastic. Glad to see he has got a thread even if no-one is posting on it. Galaxie 500 made some really wonderful music and so did Luna. I've just got the "13 Most Beautiful.... Songs For Andy Warhol's Screen Tests" on DVD. Dean & Britta do the music and it is a little gem. Shame that Joe Dallesandro is not one of the screen tests featured but you do get Nico, Lou Reed, Edie Sedgwick etc. Dean has also penned an impressive book called 'Black Postards'.

I really enjoyed the book as well as the film they made of the final Luna tour.They have never had a large fan base so I was not expecting too many posts, oh well.Luna was perhaps my favorite band live.I saw a couple of their famous New Years shows and also their final show.Fantastic.

I really enjoyed the book as well as the film they made of the final Luna tour.They have never had a large fan base so I was not expecting too many posts, oh well.Luna was perhaps my favorite band live.I saw a couple of their famous New Years shows and also their final show.Fantastic.

I agree Black Postcards is a brilliant brilliant book. One of the best recent music auto-biogs i've read up there with Luke Haines in terms of being a really well written book with great stories etc.

The Luna film Tell Me Do You Miss Me was really great. It was so obvious that there was huge tension between Sean Eden and Dean - Sean actually came across as a bit of a cock. Thought it was great seeing Dean and Britta hanging out in their NY apartment before and after the final Luna shows. It's a great companion piece to the book.

I love all their albums but have a huge fondness for Penthouse. I also always loved their great choice of cover versions - their version of Sweet Child O' Mine is fantastic.

The last Dean and Britta album was OK - just not brilliant.

Has anyone purchased their soundtrack to the Andy Warhol Screen Tests - 13 Most Beautiful. It looks a really beautiful package but I've been a bit unsure whether or not to purchase - any thoughts?

I agree Black Postcards is a brilliant brilliant book. One of the best recent music auto-biogs i've read up there with Luke Haines in terms of being a really well written book with great stories etc.

The Luna film Tell Me Do You Miss Me was really great. It was so obvious that there was huge tension between Sean Eden and Dean - Sean actually came across as a bit of a cock. Thought it was great seeing Dean and Britta hanging out in their NY apartment before and after the final Luna shows. It's a great companion piece to the book.

I love all their albums but have a huge fondness for Penthouse. I also always loved their great choice of cover versions - their version of Sweet Child O' Mine is fantastic.

The last Dean and Britta album was OK - just not brilliant.

Has anyone purchased their soundtrack to the Andy Warhol Screen Tests - 13 Most Beautiful. It looks a really beautiful package but I've been a bit unsure whether or not to purchase - any thoughts?

Hello wend1brindle - the '13 most beautiful' DVD is lovely. It comes inside a little hardback book. I love it but I am a big fan of Warhol/The Factory etc. I don't think a separate stand alone CD of the soundtrack has been released, well not in the UK anyway. The music is not essential Dean Wareham but is perfect for the films in my humble opinion.

I agree with all you say above and I too think Penthouse is wonderful. Luna were also brilliant live.

Hello wend1brindle - the '13 most beautiful' DVD is lovely. It comes inside a little hardback book. I love it but I am a big fan of Warhol/The Factory etc. I don't think a separate stand alone CD of the soundtrack has been released, well not in the UK anyway. The music is not essential Dean Wareham but is perfect for the films in my humble opinion.

QUOTE]

That sounds good. Might have to purchase.

I never got to see Luna live. Missed them twice by a day in both London and New York. Then when they finally did play Dublin - guess what I was out of town, pretty gutted. Still hoping D+B will come and tour Europe some time soon.

The Luna Live LP always leaves me with the impression that they must have been really great live.

Back
Top Bottom