German Football fans use Smiths songs to taunt Man U

WhalleyRange

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...f-English-before-Manchester-United-clash.html

CHEEKY German footie team Schalke have rewritten classic Smiths songs to take the mickey out of the English ahead of tonight's clash against Manchester United.
The club taunts fans in an ad in the programme for the Champions League semi-final.

Their version of 1983 hit This Charming Man goes: "The typical Manc is called Paul, he always carries his darts in his left trouser pocket and a picture of his bulldog in his right pocket. He has his hair cut to 2mm."

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now becomes: "Gastronomically, England is far behind. The typical national dish is lamb with mint sauce or potatoes with mutton and is always at every party."

And to the tune of William, It Was Really Nothing they tease: "England is the motherland of football. But they still haven't got the hang of taking penalties."

Wonderful. It's a playful late revenge for the tasteless 13 Tonedef Allstars with "Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Jurgen Klinsmann". :lbf:
Schalke 3 Madchester 0

Last edited:
They've either lost something in translation or are more wonderful examples of that internationally renowned German sense of humour.

At least they haven't been working on "A Rush & A Push & The Land is Ours".

I'll get me coat!

At least they haven't been working on "A Rush & A Push & The Land is Ours".
I'll get me coat!

Better hurry up! It will be released as a bonus on the remaster, out on the 4th of May.
But only if Manuel Neuer (the world’s best goalie-never forget u Seaman followers!) scores 3 headers during 3 of 3 corner kicks for Schalke.
A wonder? Why not?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom