Get Knitting!

The Spring Collection is out. And loud!

SpringCollection2010.jpg

That sparkle yarn is really strange stuff; it keeps stretching so even though it's finer than dk, when knitted to the same pattern it ends up bigger rather than smaller. I might have another go on finer needles when I have time. The photo, as you know, doesn't do justice to the prettiness of the yarn.

How's Mr Unfinished coming along?

He's sitting on my printer, taunting me with his pert nipples and blank face....waiting impatiently for me to finish the Wizard of Oz puppets that I've promised my daughter. I can't wait to get my hands on him :p

Y'all: Kate and I exchanged balls of yarn. I found the sparkly stuff and knew it would make a great sparkly jacket for mini Moz. Then Kate sent me some hard-to-find flesh colored yarn and tucked inside the package was.......a Mini Moz!!!! *dies* He's in need of some finishing, and Kate's instructions will help me advance my newbie knitting skills. Photos coming soon.

I shall cherish him always.

Clearly, I was the winner in this exchange.

All hail Kate, Mini Moz and the sparkly jacket...which now lives on forever in effigy :bow:

He's sitting on my printer, taunting me with his pert nipples and blank face....waiting impatiently for me to finish the Wizard of Oz puppets that I've promised my daughter. I can't wait to get my hands on him :p

Y'all: Kate and I exchanged balls of yarn. I found the sparkly stuff and knew it would make a great sparkly jacket for mini Moz. Then Kate sent me some hard-to-find flesh colored yarn and tucked inside the package was.......a Mini Moz!!!! *dies* He's in need of some finishing, and Kate's instructions will help me advance my newbie knitting skills. Photos coming soon.

I shall cherish him always.

Clearly, I was the winner in this exchange.

All hail Kate, Mini Moz and the sparkly jacket...which now lives on forever in effigy :bow:

For the less polite amongst you, the doll had no tackle and my hands are in too bad a shape :( to knit knobs and plums at the mo. I hope no-one is spying on Julie's emails 'cause I sent her instructions. :eek:

I've been a good TCM and packed all my wool away so I can get on with the spring cleaning. Although I do need to knit a little loincloth for someone........ ;)

Love Love Love them Kate!

Poor Mozimodo; an eyeless, bald, faceless eunuch with what looks like a loop of intestine over one arm! :lbf: I'm sure you'll soon make a man of him.

But he does have nipples! And they appear to be placed on the high side, just like the original. :)

I've found a French girl who does knitted dolls of famous people:

http://poupeetsoso.hautetfort.com/

I'm sorry it's written in french but you can still enjoy the pictures. I love the Karl Lagerfeld doll!

That girl is a member of the French knitting action group....seems very funny, here their blog link (unfortunately still in french):

http://blogcft.wordpress.com/

and nice tatoo:

1142275573.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
:D but it's not my tatoo.

MJ is lifelike, isn't he?

303250515.jpg

I was just outside in the lane, posing Thumbs!Moz in nothing but an ivy leaf to celebrate him finally getting body hair and almost got caught in the act by the window cleaner! Yikes! :D

EDIT: With a little help from the neighbour's dog, bless her, may I present.... the Lazy Springbather!:D

SpringtimeforKnitler.jpg

Last edited:
Tags
balls
Back
Top Bottom