Glasgow - The SSE Hydro (Feb. 17, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
On the walk back to the train station next to the Hydro there was a busker playing “Panic”. I got more excitement from that than hearing any of the LIHS songs tonight. This band have plummeted ever since Alain and Gary left.

Maybe you should listen to LIHS again (several times) and come back in 2050...

Hazard
x

Was going to wait until tomorrow to post this but I'm far more sober than I expected so here's my two pence on the gig tonight... Another amazing night, as always, ever so grateful that Moz keeps on giving after all these years.

Viva Morrissey! X

At least, someone with music in the blood. Many thanks for posting this news from the gig, Duggandog.

Hazard
x

Saw some snippets on various social media. Looks like a good night was had by all. Set list looked slightly better paced tonight. Guess he does have an album to plug

Still dragging f***ing Jesse Tobias around.

I am not looking for a fight, but from the concerts I have been to, which are many, when a band brings out a new album they include up to three new songs and still try and keep the audience engaged with many of their great past works to lift the energy and add to the experience of attending the concert. He used to do this, but now it seems he is in it for himself.

His right, but nothing in this set list makes me want to go to see it in its entirety. Just my opinion, but if he is going to drag his arse around the globe why not give at least more than a nod to his greatest works. So many great songs left collecting dust. I get that people love the new stuff, but there are others like myself that stay away because of this. He truly controls his own performance, I just disagree with it.

Last edited:
I am not looking for a fight, but from the concerts I have been to, which are many, when a band brings out a new album they include up to three new songs and still try and keep the audience engaged with many of their great past works to lift the energy and add to the experience of attending the concert. He used to do this, but now it seems he is in it for himself.

His right, but nothing in this set list makes me want to go to see it in its entirety. Just my opinion, but if he is going to drag his arse around the globe why not give at least more than a nod to his greatest works. So many great songs left collecting dust. I get that people love the new stuff, but there are others like myself that stay away because of this. He truly controls his own destiny, I just disagree with it.

Really? That has almost never been Morrissey's way of touring.

I think back to his homecoming show at the MEN Arena in 2004, for example. 7 songs from YATQ, plus a new b-side and a new cover.

Beethoven Was Deaf contains 9 songs from Your Arsenal.

The Ringleader shows that I saw had 7 songs from the album and a new cover.

The only time that I can remember Morrissey only playing 3 songs from a new album was on the Maladjusted tour. That was when he only played 14 songs though so the fans still weren't getting to see any more of his back catalogue than they are now.

Really? That has almost never been Morrissey's way of touring.

I think back to his homecoming show at the MEN Arena in 2004, for example. 7 songs from YATQ, plus a new b-side and a new cover.

Beethoven Was Deaf contains 9 songs from Your Arsenal.

The Ringleader shows that I saw had 7 songs from the album and a new cover.

The only time that I can remember Morrissey only playing 3 songs from a new album was on the Maladjusted tour. That was when he only played 14 songs though so the fans still weren't getting to see any more of his back catalogue than they are now.

Good points. Maybe I should rephrase to say that I loved YATQ. As I have posted here, (probably too much), I loved the Who Put the M in Manchester concert video. This is where his music left me except for a few songs from ROTT. Maladjusted is one of my favorite records so I am completely out of step here, but I do love him and am happy to read all the posts and first hand accounts of all his recent concerts.

Maybe I am more captured by the catchy tunes and the introspective lyrics that were part of his past. I admit freely to this. I am certainly not a historian of all things Morrissey, but I know what I like and that is all I am able to add to the discussion. I enjoy reading posts of those who see more to what he is doing now as I seem to be three times removed from the present!

Last edited:
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.
Exactly the same lame bullshit every night. The only time there’s a refreshing change is when he cancels.

Time to pack it in, champ.

Good points. Maybe I should rephrase to say that I loved YATQ. As I have posted here, (probably too much), I loved the Who Put the M in Manchester concert video. This is where his music left me except for a few songs from ROTT. Maladjusted is one of my favorite records so I am completely out of step here, but I do love him and am happy to read all the posts and first hand accounts of all his recent concerts.

Maybe I am more captured by the catchy tunes and the introspective lyrics that were part of his past. I admit freely to this. I am certainly not a historian of all thing Morrissey, but I know what I like and that is all I am able to add to the discussion. I enjoy reading posts of those who see more to what he is doing now as I seem to be three times removed from the present!

That's cool and I think that's probably the most honest critical comment that I've seen regarding the touring. I think many people come up with factually inaccurate criticisms when what they really mean is, "He isn't performing the songs that I personally like."

That's cool and I think that's probably the most honest critical comment that I've seen regarding the touring. I think many people come up with factually inaccurate criticisms when what they really mean is, "He isn't performing the songs that I personally like."

So true. He is himself. And I love and hate that about him! He refuses to please me. Why? We know. Because he only answers to himself, which is why he remains label challenged. Good for him. There is nothing left for us except to take what we can get. I am thirsty though. I want the songs that I can't have and it's driving me mad and it's written all over my face!

We all hate Leeds scum was sung for the entire second half when Man United knocked Huddersfield out of the FA Cup tonight.
What have Huddersfield Town got to do with Leeds?? Being a Town fan i take great exception to your comment. There is a lot of dislike for Leeds United at Town. There has never been an association between Leeds and Huddersfield. Get your map out. Oh and by the way we beat you 2-1 at the start of the season with a player budget a fraction of United’s and we are a Town not the third largest city. We are the true underdog in the Premier League and i’d Like to think that Moz and fans would love and respect that.
Jonny the Vegan Terrier

Am I the only one that believes that his current band is the weakest through the years? Of course excluding Boz. I think he's the one that has maintained the spark on live shows (or even on records). Just talking about the band.
Moz of course is the one I love. And always always gives his best on every show or album. Voice, lyrics and presence is everything.

he was v v good last night, set list worked great and was night and day from last time at hydro, how anyone can criticise a set list including speedway and jack the ripper yet call themselves a moz fan is beyond me.

hope everyone going to rest of tour enjoys it as much as i did ❤

The finale of review:

"I had been full of trepidation before this gig... I hadn’t particularly enjoyed “Low In High School”, I wasn’t sure if I hadn’t fallen out of love with the Mozfather…I even wondered if I had grown up and outgrown him!
Nope.
One night in his company was enough to drag me back in.

Damn him to Hell and back…and I’ll take every step on the journey with him."
Because moderators and owner of this site are banned from live Morrissey - they just can't understand the greatness.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom