Glasgow - The SSE Hydro (Feb. 17, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Book author Dickie is broadcasting again:

And here's one of those fabled queue lists for those interested in stuff like that:

View attachment 43746

Looks busy:

All credit to those sharing.
Regards,
FWD

Crikey. What a bunch of losers. People in the forties and beyond still queuing for hours to see the same tired show they have seen a million times before.

This....

“I wish you lonely” is the first of several tracks from “Low In High School” to be played and, despite my less than enthusiastic thoughts on that album, they all benefit from the live setting. Here the sound of the crowd belting back every line elevates this song from album filler to live killer."

But this too:

"When the first notes of his debut solo single “Suedehead” reach the ears of the gang here gathered it is a near spiritual experience. Why do we come here? Just to hear this."

And this really says it all. A fracture between the present and the past. He tends to lean toward the former rather than the latter. No judgement just acknowledgement. To each their own. I am a back up the latter (ladder) guy myself!

Last edited:
some very positive comments on here about last night,hoping someones recorded it.remember the days when every second or third show was recorded,was great.

Exactly the same lame bullshit every night. The only time there’s a refreshing change is when he cancels.

Time to pack it in, champ.

You weren’t there and won’t be going to any shows, so don’t let it bother you, bro.

Same for gobshite benny the British bummer. Black curtains mean nothing: the people going have a great time.

Agree with most of this. Thought the gig was excellent and Mozz's voice was brilliant. I was standing and more than the usual amount of drunks but didn't spoil the night and expected this at a Saturday concert in Glasgow.

Laughed at a drunk near me who said that the concert started well but he was leaving as it was getting depressing and Morrissey was getting all "boohoo I didn't get free milk in school" on us, whatever that means Said he was going to the pub, this was after about 6 songs. Some folk have too much money, why pay £56 to leave so soon or to be so pished you don't know whats going on.

Songs that desperately need dropping from the setlist NOW:

1) How Soon is Now? Yes, I get it's a classic to all the casual fans, but it's SO overplayed at Morrissey shows, he must have wheeled it out most nights in the past decade, and it goes on for ages. Surely everyone is bored of it by now? Swap it out for another less played Smiths classic - it's not like there aren't dozens of them.

2) The Bullfighter Dies - Again, hideously overplayed. At best, an average 'nothing' of a song. It's really B Side /filler material, but Morrissey seems to think it's a modern classic.

3) World Peace - One of the worst songs on the album - dire, clusmy lyrics, and a tuneless dirge. Why not swap it out for 'Staircase at the University', or something with a bit more life?

Other than that - I'm happy to hear plenty of songs from the new album - that's what the tour is supposed to be in air of. And at least 'Meat is Murder' has gone.

Good but not his best set list tonight . as a vegan and respecter of moz feelings and his very strong venue demands I was shocked to see Cadbury’s milk chocolate on sale

Cadbury’s is ‘orrible since the Americans took over. I wish they’d put more animal in it.

Why wouldn't it be popular? It's a great song. Are you saying all Irish are in sympathy with Palestine? I don't understand what your comment means. 'Home' and 'Israel' are two of the strongest songs on the album. Is Moz supposed to only sing songs he knows won't offend anyone? f*** that.

I’m saying that most Irish and indeed his fan base are “ in sympathy with Palestine”. Israel is threatning to close the Embassy in Dublin as it views Irelands as pro Palenstine.

Nothing about offending anyone all about human rights and history.

This....

And this really says it all. A fracture between the present and the past. He tends to lean toward the former rather than the latter.

It makes for a powerful dynamic. The art that fascinates Morrissey is, on the whole, from the past; images of Peter Wyngarde and Bruce Lee, Elvis Presley covers. But, when it comes to his own art, it's all about now, his new songs, his new album.

I’m saying that most Irish and indeed his fan base are “ in sympathy with Palestine”. Israel is threatning to close the Embassy in Dublin as it views Irelands as pro Palenstine.

Nothing about offending anyone all about human rights and history.

I imagine Morrissey has a great deal of sympathy for the people of Palestine. Has anyone asked him? His love song to Israel is unconventional to say the least, a combination of his tendency to empathise with the pariah and the fact that Israel (particularly Tel Aviv) is a shining beacon for LGBT rights in the Middle East.

The problem comes when an unconventional love song by an unconventional person is critiqued in the most conventional, knee-jerk terms: to praise Israel (no matter what you're praising them for) makes you an apologist for Zionist expansionism and dismissive of the plight of Palestinians.

Although, I'm not certain if I find it sweet or disingenuous when Morrissey appears so shocked and hurt by the reactions of conventional critics to his work.

Very impressed by last night's gig. Moz's voice was strong, the band were tight, and the stage set was the best ever. The set list was great, plenty from LIHS, and a good mix of older material. Jacky's only happy was outstanding, it's a brilliant live song. Once again, all the doubters and haters are proven wrong. Viva Moz!

Very impressed by last night's gig. Moz's voice was strong, the band were tight, and the stage set was the best ever. The set list was great, plenty from LIHS, and a good mix of older material. Jacky's only happy was outstanding, it's a brilliant live song. Once again, all the doubters and haters are proven wrong. Viva Moz!

Glad to see you're still keeping the faith, Mal :)

Book author Dickie is broadcasting again:

And here's one of those fabled queue lists for those interested in stuff like that:

View attachment 43746

Looks busy:

All credit to those sharing.
Regards,
FWD

I wonder if the top entry on this list, Lynne Barry refers to Girl Unafraid, another prolific poster here from years gone by. I wonder why she wasn’t deemed a threat to Morrissey’s security much like Hugh was?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom