GQ: "A$AP Rocky Is the Prettiest Man Alive" - Morrissey reportedly features on new A$AP Rocky album (May 19, 2021)

"Two new important creative partners are likely to be found on All Smiles. The first is Morrissey.

Morrissey! Rocky, it turns out, is a huge fan, and he's been working remotely with the Pope of Mope over the past year. The former Smiths frontman has been writing, producing, and contributing vocals to the new record, Rocky says. 'Anything you need him to do, he show up and do.'"

Related item:
Media items:

We don't know what's on his mind, but whatever it is, I trust him.

In my opinion, it's always good news when artists as important as Morrissey collaborate with other artists coming from different backgrounds and music styles. It can be quite refreshing and also open interesting possibilities career-wise.
I understand your point, but Moz has nothing to do with those styles, rap is something monotonous no melodies Mozy is very sentimental and transmits when singing like no one, I can not imagine Morrissey singing with a rapper, .Moz's not poular, and I'd rather he keep going like this, he doesn't need anything else, I don't want Mozy to do that, he won't do it you'll see. Moz shouldn't do that he's got good taste, please rap sucks

M's nephew must look for alternative ways to show his talent as a photographer, with such an uncle he has.... there are so many things to do with Moz... without exposing Morrissey, Moz must be loyal to his good taste. I think Sam should look for other alternatives, and Moz shouldn't let himself be influenced by his nephew, it's like Sinatra collaborating with the work of a reggetton singer

The 22nd is Moz's birthday, he must have something for us, like last year when he gave us those 3 great recitals,.
My extreme talented singer listens to me, Mozuchis demanded that you appear !!!! Give me a video something so I can see you, he like other times will listen to me, when something I ask him to show up, and everyone in this place will remember Lujissey when Moz shows up Ohh Moz !!!!!! How much I love you
Moz I demand that you show up, just wait, everyone in this place will remember Lujissey when Moz arrives

I'm sorry I suck at how fanaticy I am of Morrissey.Viva Mozzey!!!!!!!

"Two new important creative partners are likely to be found on All Smiles. The first is Morrissey.

Morrissey! Rocky, it turns out, is a huge fan, and he's been working remotely with the Pope of Mope over the past year. The former Smiths frontman has been writing, producing, and contributing vocals to the new record, Rocky says. 'Anything you need him to do, he show up and do.'"

Related item:
Media items:
Morrissey producing tracks might also mean that he paid a ghost producer to do the job, but this person won’t be credited for it. It happens quite often in the music industry. In this case the credits can go even to the performing artist. Unless Morrissey has been perfecting his skills for years and now feels confident to produce for commercial artists

I still think that "Anything you need him to do, he show up and do" is perhaps the most unlikely thing that anyone has ever said about Morrissey.

I still think that "Anything you need him to do, he show up and do" is perhaps the most unlikely thing that anyone has ever said about Morrissey.

Rocky has clearly never been affected by a show being cancelled 😉

Maybe working remotely suited Morrissey well.

Morrissey producing tracks might also mean that he paid a ghost producer to do the job, but this person won’t be credited for it. It happens quite often in the music industry. In this case the credits can go even to the performing artist. Unless Morrissey has been perfecting his skills for years and now feels confident to produce for commercial artists

He does have a lot of studio experience though and probably is more familiar with the tech than some might think and he or course does have an excellent ear. I could see him sitting down with a person and asking to try try some gear or approaches. Much like the approach he might take with his musical arrangements even though he doesn’t play the guitar

The story is that Rocky reached out to Morrissey and it's not very likely it's the other way. But who do we know that is close to Morrissey, seems to be an opportunist, and somehow wields influence?
This might be Morrissey's way to help Sam get a new job so he can reclaim responsibility for his visuals again, promos, videos and so on.
Sam can take his bootleg photoshop and start working on pics of Rocky and Rihanna if Morrissey's plan works!
#FingersCrossed
This could also be an opportunity for Morrissey to discover the fashion clothes designed by A§AP Rocky, and wear them on his next tour. That would be exciting.

Yes, he could certainly educate 'younger artists' on how not to screw up their careers by talking bollocks.
Screw up his career? Were in the middle of a Mozzaissance. IANADOAC was great and looking forward to this one too. The thought of Morrissey keeping his mouth shut sounds terrible. Asap could learn how to speak his mind and be brave not just following the beast system that is the entertainment industry

He does have a lot of studio experience though and probably is more familiar with the tech than some might think and he or course does have an excellent ear. I could see him sitting down with a person and asking to try try some gear or approaches. Much like the approach he might take with his musical arrangements even though he doesn’t play the guitar
Not as much as that tape might show.
He spent most of the Smiths watching English Soaps and Pebble Mill.

I also can't really see M hanging out with lots of Hip hop types - which is why it was stated he did most of it remotely ( if not all )
I think after A$AP said he liked Morrissey /Smiths . It was said to M, once the shite hit the fan, " look why dont we agree to this"
Then M got someone to do it under his name- when A$AP says "show up" I would expect he means on zoom, nothing more

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom