Grumpy Old Men

mauve21

Long time participant
Whilst flicking through the channels the other night,
the ABC was screening the show Grumpy Old Men and in the
background was playing Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now...

i think its a funny song not one bit Miserable , wasnt bono quoted in saying the snog made him laugh like f*ck

yeah in the importance of being morrissey he claims to have pulled his car over because he was laughing too hard to focus

Bono does have a sense of humor. When Pet Shop Boys covered Where The Streets Have No Name, U2 took out an ad saying "What Have We Done To Deserve This"

or something like that.

looking for that old story I found this more recent one.

Pet Shop Boys slam Bono

Metro, May 27, 2007

The Pet Shops Boys have apparently taken a pop at Bono -- saying they are not sure whether U2 feel comfortable with him using his celebrity powers.

The flamboyant pop duo have just returned from a year-long world tour -- and have also voiced their doubts about benefit concerts.

Neil Tennant told the Daily Mirror: "People expect them (benefit concerts) nowadays. The Princess Diana concert is fair enough, but I feel more uneasy about the Al Gore thing.

"I've always been against the ideas of rock stars lecturing people as if they know something the rest of us don't -- it looks arrogant.

"It's not as if they have a private source of information. To state the obvious as if you are the only person that knows it is intellectually weak. Like Bono -- he uses his celebrity, but in doing so he increases his celebrity. I'm never totally convinced that the rest of U2 feel comfortable with that."

I've never found HEAVEN KNOWS... a sad or miserable song to listen to, even though i can relate to the words, and they are not exactly the most joyful.
But, it was obviously used in this programme for the words themself, and not how they tend to be received by fans.
That song makes me quite the opposite of miserable. It makes me smile. :)

Back
Top Bottom