Hand In Glove 7" white label

My money is on Sandie Shaw as I've sent him a message about it 4 days ago and haven't had a reply.

if it was sandie shaw it would be RT 130 instead of RT 131. Seems this is one of the 1984 promos, either 2-sided or 1-sided with test tones. Either of those 2 would make it very rare indeed. Be helpful if the seller would respond.

I inquired several days ago as well, asking specifically for photos of the matrix numbers on the record. The seller claims in the description they're RT131, yet shows no physical proof and has yet to respond. Seems shady to me

it's got handsome devil on the b-side. These are rare as fook, anyone remember the last time one was sold on ebay ? I'm failing to recall ever seeing one.

it's got handsome devil on the b-side. These are rare as fook, anyone remember the last time one was sold on ebay ? I'm failing to recall ever seeing one.

has the seller responded to you? no where in the listing does it mention Handsome Devil as the b-side

if it was sandie shaw it would be RT 130 instead of RT 131. Seems this is one of the 1984 promos, either 2-sided or 1-sided with test tones. Either of those 2 would make it very rare indeed. Be helpful if the seller would respond.

That's why I'm suspecting it's Sandie Shaw. If it were the Smiths why would he not reply to so many requests for further info on the matrix info?

My main suspicion that it is a Sandie Shaw (RT130) is that "KISS MY SHADES" is between quotation marks. RT131 A1 has KISS MY SHADES (no quotation marks) and RT131 A2 has Kiss My Shades (not all capital letters).

However, I fear this makes me a Grade A trainspotter!

i see no reason to believe why this is dodgy, it's pointless ripping someone off on ebay anyway, money back guarantee and all. His feedback checks out aswell, sold some really rare records in the past, Jam acetates and so on, seems to know his stuff. Im sure someone on here will end up buying it and let us know.

I inquired several days ago as well, asking specifically for photos of the matrix numbers on the record. The seller claims in the description they're RT131, yet shows no physical proof and has yet to respond. Seems shady to me

So the description said RT131 at one point? It doesn't look like it did toward the end though. Anyone else get any word back from the seller? Apparently the seller told someone that Handsome Devil is on the b-side but maybe the seller just knows the b-side of Hand in Glove but didn't listen to this copy and realize it's something else (if it's the Sandie Shaw one).

I looked at my regular, commercial version of the Sandie Shaw 7" and not only is it in quotes, but it looks like the exact same etching as far as some letters being higher than others, etc.

So the description said RT131 at one point? It doesn't look like it did toward the end though. Anyone else get any word back from the seller? Apparently the seller told someone that Handsome Devil is on the b-side but maybe the seller just knows the b-side of Hand in Glove but didn't listen to this copy and realize it's something else (if it's the Sandie Shaw one).

I looked at my regular, commercial version of the Sandie Shaw 7" and not only is it in quotes, but it looks like the exact same etching as far as some letters being higher than others, etc.

it says RT131 in the subheading, and he told me it had handsome devil on the b-side, but you could be right, maybe he assumed rather than actually checking. I had no problem placing a bid though, there's no risk, buyers cant lose. If it's the correct version then great, if its the SS version, then return and money back. But what you and GMS said about the etchings, looks like it could well be the Sandie shaw version. :confused:

it says RT131 in the subheading, and he told me it had handsome devil on the b-side, but you could be right, maybe he assumed rather than actually checking. I had no problem placing a bid though, there's no risk, buyers cant lose. If it's the correct version then great, if its the SS version, then return and money back. But what you and GMS said about the etchings, looks like it could well be the Sandie shaw version. :confused:

Thanks for the info. I actually bought it. I have never spent that much on a record before so it kind of freaked me out. It was at 390, so I put in 402. I completely expected for ebay to say I was outbid immediately but it didn't. Then I expected to get outbid at the last second but I didn't. I sent the seller a message asking about the etchings, he didn't tell me the exact etchings but he said, yes it is definitely RT131 and it definitely plays Handsome Devil. I told him if that's the case, he can send it since I had already paid. At least now I have that pretty specific in writing from him and also my question about it possibly being RT130 and that I'd like to cancel if it is, that's in writing now too.

But on that middle picture of the auction, I swear when I zoom it in, I can see RT and 30 (probably 130 but hard to see it all) very small. It's hard to say for sure. And the etching, that's weird. I mean, the S at the end of shades is quite a bit lower than the E, just as it is on the regular version of the Sandie Shaw one. And I looked at the placement and distance between the M and Y in MY and looks exactly the same.

I assume if it is the Sandie Shaw, then it's not worth nearly that much. I will ask to return it mostly likely if that's the case. But he was very adamant that it is RT131. It's sitting right in front of him so hard to imagine he can't get that right.

if its the sandie shaw version then u overpaid by about 370 quid lol. Worst case scenario, you return for a refund, a bit of an inconvenience like, but worth the gamble cos' these RT131's never appear for sale.

Yeah I figured the Sandie Shaw isn't worth a whole lot. I am glad you pointed out the subheading of the auction so I know it definitely said RT131 in the auction itself. Yeah, I told him I figured it's good to figure it out now so I don' have to send it back later. I am a relatively big collector but don't have any test pressings yet. So hoping this turns out to be the real deal.

Yeah I figured the Sandie Shaw isn't worth a whole lot. I am glad you pointed out the subheading of the auction so I know it definitely said RT131 in the auction itself. Yeah, I told him I figured it's good to figure it out now so I don' have to send it back later. I am a relatively big collector but don't have any test pressings yet. So hoping this turns out to be the real deal.

Hi Jeff,

Ask the seller to send you a clear close-up photo of the RT131 etching before he posts it.
That way you can both be 100% sure, easier and quicker than posting the vinyl back and forth.

Hi Jeff,

Ask the seller to send you a clear close-up photo of the RT131 etching before he posts it.
That way you can both be 100% sure, easier and quicker than posting the vinyl back and forth.

Thanks. If he couldn't even just type out the full etching for me, then not sure he'll take a picture. Which doesn't sound too good honestly. But he responded with something like "don't worry, it's definitely RT 131 and definitely plays Handsome Devil". I told him I don't want to have to send it back if it's wrong but if he has it right in front of him and he says this is the case, oh well. If he didn't have excellent feedback, I'd be more worried.

Thanks. If he couldn't even just type out the full etching for me, then not sure he'll take a picture. Which doesn't sound too good honestly. But he responded with something like "don't worry, it's definitely RT 131 and definitely plays Handsome Devil". I told him I don't want to have to send it back if it's wrong but if he has it right in front of him and he says this is the case, oh well. If he didn't have excellent feedback, I'd be more worried.

If he is a decent seller and just sold a record for £400 to someone overseas he surely will take a photo, it takes no effort whatsoever.
If he isn't willing to email you a photo, perhaps you should start getting a little worried.

Also, I'm not a test pressing/white label expert. But I think all the RT131 test pressings I see on popsike are solid center and all the RT130's are push-out. Or are there RT131 test pressings that are push-out too. Between going on this site, passions, and popsike I think my head is spinning a little too much right now to think straight.

Back
Top Bottom