Has Morrissey coming out a racist resulted in more fans?

Do you think there will be trouble at the gigs with his new far right fans?
Far right fans will be better at defending him verbally and physically as they are better trained with better genes and have a vocabulary that leftists can only dream of.

His new fans will defend him in a way his leftist fans never could.

Morrissey has become something of a folk hero in right-wing internet circles. Whether or not these people qualify as “fans” is debatable but it is now cool for right-wingers to say they like Morrissey in a way that was not 10 years ago.

He’s definitely gained some fans. Whether the new fans outnumber the fans he’s lost, I don’t know.

Re: the Wembly show.
London and Leeds are significantly less white than they were a generation ago and that is not going to help in regards to ticket sales. Smaller percentage of his natural fan base and larger percentage of people who a) were not in Britain during Moz’s heyday and b) most likely to be offended by his positions.
I feel that him simply wearing that pin made some really iffy people crawl out from the woodworks. They took every obscure thing he ever said (and never said) and exaggerated it thousandfold and made him some alt-right hero, which is the real tragedy here. I am quite sure Moz would vomit if he read some of the stuff these fans have posted here, some if it in his name, and I doubt he would want people like that at his gigs.

That fact that he is doing one gig in the north of England and they have only made 70% of the seats available and it hasn’t sold out after a week say that he has certainly not gained any new fans.

His UK market has fallen off a cliff, but his views are quite centrist for his American audience, so it hasn't made a difference in the States. And then you get the absolute head cases on here who've entrenched their own xenophobic opinions, feeling Moz has empowered them. It's all rather quite sad, but then at the same time, weirdly amusing.

Only the most dumb brown or black fans would go to London or Leeds to see Morrissey in concert unless looking for trouble.

To go to a UK Morrissey gig as a black, brown or Asian person then you would need to to be brave, stupid or both.

Can somebody educate me on exactly what has transpired that has caused this controversy? I recently posted something about Moz on Facebook and was immediately attacked as supporting a racist. I really have no clue as to what Moz did this time? I love The Moz for his music as I do R.E.M. and couldn't care less about political views or personal opinions. But I would like to know what has caused such an uproar. Thanks!!!

Can somebody educate me on exactly what has transpired that has caused this controversy? I recently posted something about Moz on Facebook and was immediately attacked as supporting a racist. I really have no clue as to what Moz did this time? I love The Moz for his music as I do R.E.M. and couldn't care less about political views or personal opinions. But I would like to know what has caused such an uproar. Thanks!!!

I thought everyone knew!

It's an accumulation of things but it's basically a couple of messy opinions (expressed once or twice at most) that are:

Pro-Brexit
Against Mass immigration
Against boycotting Israel
Anti-Islamism
Supporting For Britain (crank far right party).

But he still hasn't voted or campaigned for anything but PETA.

If he did normal publicity, it would be buried by now.

I thought everyone knew!

It's an accumulation of things but it's basically a couple of messy opinions (expressed once or twice at most) that are:

Pro-Brexit
Against Mass immigration
Anti-Islamism

I don't know what Brexit means.
Germany allowed Mass immigration and look how wonderful that turned out!
Boycott Israel? A Superpower keeping the Middle East Peace and the USA's greatest Ally?
Anti-islamism well the majority of terrorists are Islamic.
Have no idea what the Crank Party is, thought Moz lives full time in Los Angeles, USA?

All seem rational and intelligent to me, at least the ones that I understand. Alway's will be a bunch of nuts looking for controversy though. Love his music or don't listen to it, bottom line!!!!

I don't know what Brexit means.
Germany allowed Mass immigration and look how wonderful that turned out!
Boycott Israel? A Superpower keeping the Middle East Peace and the USA's greatest Ally?
Anti-islamism well the majority of terrorists are Islamic.
Have no idea what the Crank Party is, thought Moz lives full time in Los Angeles, USA?

All seem rational and intelligent to me, at least the ones that I understand. Alway's will be a bunch of nuts looking for controversy though. Love his music or don't listen to it, bottom line!!!!

Brexit is the name we've given to the UK leaving the European Union. On Twitter, Remain & Leave turned into 2 warring tribes spewing hate & waving flags at each other. It's been insane.

For Britain is a ridiculous party that should shut down immediately, but I think he likes the leader (she's an animal rights campaigner etc) & this might drag on ambiguously for a while.

I agree about the music.

I heard Morrissey cum on the final gong of Big Ben while listening to national front disco. Don’t quote me on that, just what I heard

I thought everyone knew!

Pro-Brexit
Against Mass immigration
Anti-Islamism

I don’t see anything wrong with any of those stances.

I don’t see anything wrong with any of those stances.

If you analyse what he's actually said, in the context it was said in, there's nothing that bad.

But - he's fallen foul of guilt by association, Twitter tribalism (which is vicious) & his own lack of coherence. People are filling in the gaps with rage, disgust & jibes. It's mushroomed.

If you analyse what he's actually said, in the context it was said in, there's nothing that bad.

But - he's fallen foul of guilt by association, Twitter tribalism (which is vicious) & his own lack of coherence. People are filling in the gaps with rage, disgust & jibes. It's mushroomed.

Even if you don’t analyze what he’s said, I still don’t see an issue.

Brexit - The European Union is something that only came into existence after most people here were born. The pinnacle of the UK existed well before entering the EU and, if anything, has only declined further since entering it. The EU is not necessary for survival or prosperity as a nation.

I never understood his issue being “mass immigration”. I understood the issue as being immigration without the adoption of language or culture to the point of longstanding national identity disappearing. And I agree with him.

Why should Israel be boycotted exactly? Lol. Like they are the only group of people that have ever conquered another in the world.

Anti-Islamism? Is that really a term these days? Lol. It’s ok to be an atheist that openly bashes and mocks Christianity because that is considered progressive but if you do it to Islam uh oh. Well, when you’ve got a religion that in the last two decades alone has encouraged, openly supported or has members of which who have committed multiple acts of terrorism, executed people by stoning, hanging, and beheading, and are just generally guilty of massive violations of human rights without any kind of widespread condemnation from within or abroad then yeah...maybe it’s time to realize there’s a problem here.

Don’t know anything about For Britain...but considering people on here dislike them, they probably are saying things that I’d agree with.

Brexit - The European Union is something that only came into existence after most people here were born. The pinnacle of the UK existed well before entering the EU and, if anything, has only declined further since entering it. The EU is not necessary for survival or prosperity as a nation.

I never understood his issue being “mass immigration”. I understood the issue as being immigration without the adoption of language or culture to the point of longstanding national identity disappearing. And I agree with him.

Why should Israel be boycotted exactly? Lol. Like they are the only group of people that have ever conquered another in the world.

Anti-Islamism? Is that really a term these days? Lol. It’s ok to be an atheist that openly bashes and mocks Christianity because that is considered progressive but if you do it to Islam uh oh. Well, when you’ve got a religion that in the last two decades alone has encouraged, openly supported or has members of which who have committed multiple acts of terrorism, executed people by stoning, hanging, and beheading, and are just generally guilty of massive violations of human rights without any kind of widespread condemnation from within or abroad then yeah...maybe it’s time to realize there’s a problem here.

Don’t know anything about For Britain...but considering people on here dislike them, they probably are saying things that I’d agree with.

Yeah - I agree the left has blind spots & double standards over a lot of issues.

I'm just aware of what a celebrity can say without having to go through a career purgatory.

The biggest problem I see with Brexit is that it seems to be dismantling the UK. But maybe that's not a bad thing in the long run. In the short term it's going to create a lot of headaches.
Israel should not only be boycotted but probably declared a failed experiment and given back to the Palestinians. The Israelis can move to Miami Beach.
I do believe in freedom of religion but maybe it should be dealt with differently. The Mormon Church, for example, should not be able to make billions of tax free dollars investing in real estate and then use that money to influence political campaigns. The problem with Islam, Christianity and all the rest is that children are brainwashed into it before they're able to reason. In a better world that would be recognized as neglect and abuse.
For Britain is interesting. On the surface if you look at their website there is nothing too outlandish. You have to look into who they associate with and you have to "interpret" things they say, such as their stand against halal slaughter. Is that an animal rights stance or an anti-Islamic stance? Both?
Morrissey was dumb to take up their cause though because he should know by now that anyone running for office is full of shit. Promoting ideas and discussion is great but inviting allegiance to any political party is pretty naive for someone his age.

Back
Top Bottom