Morrissey Central "HELLO HELL" (April 19, 2021)

HELLO HELL

April 19, 2021

"This is my first comment (and hopefully my last) on The Simpsons' episode - which I know has enraged many people. The hatred shown towards me from the creators of The Simpsons is obviously a taunting lawsuit, but one that requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge. Neither do I have a determined business squad of legal practitioners ready to pounce. I think this is generally understood and is the reason why I am so carelessly and noisily attacked. You are especially despised if your music affects people in a strong and beautiful way, since music is no longer required to. In fact, the worst thing you can do in 2021 is to lend a bit of strength to the lives of others. There is no place in modern music for anyone with strong emotions. Limitations have been placed on art, and no label will sign an artist who might answer back. Anyway, forgive me, we all know this because we can see how music - and the world in general, has become a mesmerizing mess, and we must let it go spinning along unbearably because free speech no longer exists. We all know this. In my case, nothing about my life has ever been matter-of-fact; nothing about my songs has ever been matter-of-fact … so why would they now be? Since my very first interview several decades ago I have lived with horrible accusations to such a degree that it is generally understood that 'this is how we write about Morrissey'. In other words, I'm quite used to it. I've had enough horror thrown at me that would kill off a herd of bison. Accusations usually come from someone with a crazed desire for importance; they don't operate at a very high level. Writing for The Simpsons, for example, evidently requires only complete ignorance. But all of these things are too easy for me to say. In a world obsessed with Hate Laws, there are none that protect me. Often, the scandal sheets (do we STILL refer to them as 'news'papers?) attempt to psychologically wound an artist, and then, hopefully stir up enough hatred against that artist so that s/he is physically wounded. False theories of race are now the most common (and boring) aspect of all criticism, and will continue to be so until accusations of racism are in themselves illicit. I have watched 'Smiths fans' being attacked by the UK press on the grounds that 'Smiths fans' are too backward to understand the person that I am; I have watched the modern Morrissey audience be ridiculed by the UK press with the belief that they, too, couldn't possibly know who I am, and I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism. This battle fatigue I face alone, although I am very grateful to the writer Fiona Dodwell for her eloquent appraisals of the victimization that now automatically associates with my name, and on which The Simpsons latest episode feasts.
People continually ask me why I do not retaliate - especially following the Sky Sports open slander. The answer is explained in the first few lines of this comment. Life is difficult and you must face it on your own, and even with the impossible-to-imagine legal artillary, everything can be repaired … except the human heart.

It is easier for me not to go on. You know I couldn't last."

MORRISSEY
19 April 2021, Los Angeles.

Morrissey_Band_G013_copy_2_vq4iws.jpg

Edit: That picture appears to be by Travis Shinn, from the same session that produced the inner sleeve pictures of Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
For your depo injection probably
Someone doesn’t have a clue.

Back to work, Tiny-B. You’ve got a mop to wring-out before you hit the sausages. Your boss is in a tizzy. ...and Christ knows you’re unemployable elsewhere.

Don’t f$&k it up, son. This is probably your last opportunity at a part-timer to supplement your dole.

I'm slightly worried about his finishing line:

"It is easier for me not to go on. You know I couldn't last."

You think he's going to do himself in over being depicted in a bad light in a Simpsons cartoon? I guess he would think that would make a funny epitaph.

Oh Quilloughby! So much to answer for. :rofl:

Quilloughby, Quilloughby, Quilloughby take a bow.

Maybe get The Snuffs back together and raise some wonnga for a court case.

BtBB 🇬🇧:knife:

Such a poor, hard-done-by, self-aggrandizing, finger-pointing, Kerrygold-eating, cashmere-wearing, concert cancelling, loud-mouthed, elevator-pap spewing pussy.

Nobody wishes ill of you. We just wish you’d pack up your “poor me” trunk and go away.

Good luck with the new album.

*...and that goes for the rest of you stuck c***$ as well.
wanker

I took it as referring to this statement and also to not taking any legal actions.

But I can see how it may sound slightly worrying in the context.

Oh Mozzy. I’m sorry they’re such a bunch of unfunny c***s, and I’m even more sorry that they’ve upset you. I know you’re pissed,... but trust me, they’re not even worth getting pissed about. Hugs from me to you.

No one who matters will have any time for this. Turn your back on this quickly, and leave them in the mud. Where they are, and where they’ll stay

Melodramatic, but ultimately a funny way to end a great letter, rather than his great career.

The teenagers
who loved you
they have woke up, yawned
and cancelled you ........

How ironic that Quilloughby the master of cancel culture has now become his own victim and cancelled out by the youth.

Don‘t forget to re-schedule those homecoming gigs at Castlefield Bowl this Summer Steve.
I can hear the crowd now in anticipation stood at the front shouting
”Quilloughby Quilloughby Quilloughby...........

BtBB 🇬🇧 :knife:

I don't know - it's certainly not a given. He's said many things over the years that could be used to paint him in a very bad light.
It's because he's a bad person. I'd laugh to see him attempt to prove in court that anything beyond the Pastrami in the Simpsons episode was slanderous.

Yes, I found that line slightly concerning, too; hopefully he’s just being over-dramatic & doesn't intend to top himself.

Although it would be a very Morrissey way to go: suicide shortly after his mother’s death, buried together in a vegan double decker coffin; leaving behind one final, beautifully angry album titled Hello Hell, the title track of which is a duet with Iggy Pop.

Anyway, on a more serious note: well said, Morrissey. Though it does seem like this tiresome game of ‘Morrissey’s a racist’ CHINESE whispers is destined to continue... & to what end?

I’m just looking forward to the new album & wondering what direction it might have gone in with this new combination of people working together, & what kind of lyrics & song titles this past year will have inspired.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom