Morrissey Central "HELLO HELL" (April 19, 2021)

HELLO HELL

April 19, 2021

"This is my first comment (and hopefully my last) on The Simpsons' episode - which I know has enraged many people. The hatred shown towards me from the creators of The Simpsons is obviously a taunting lawsuit, but one that requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge. Neither do I have a determined business squad of legal practitioners ready to pounce. I think this is generally understood and is the reason why I am so carelessly and noisily attacked. You are especially despised if your music affects people in a strong and beautiful way, since music is no longer required to. In fact, the worst thing you can do in 2021 is to lend a bit of strength to the lives of others. There is no place in modern music for anyone with strong emotions. Limitations have been placed on art, and no label will sign an artist who might answer back. Anyway, forgive me, we all know this because we can see how music - and the world in general, has become a mesmerizing mess, and we must let it go spinning along unbearably because free speech no longer exists. We all know this. In my case, nothing about my life has ever been matter-of-fact; nothing about my songs has ever been matter-of-fact … so why would they now be? Since my very first interview several decades ago I have lived with horrible accusations to such a degree that it is generally understood that 'this is how we write about Morrissey'. In other words, I'm quite used to it. I've had enough horror thrown at me that would kill off a herd of bison. Accusations usually come from someone with a crazed desire for importance; they don't operate at a very high level. Writing for The Simpsons, for example, evidently requires only complete ignorance. But all of these things are too easy for me to say. In a world obsessed with Hate Laws, there are none that protect me. Often, the scandal sheets (do we STILL refer to them as 'news'papers?) attempt to psychologically wound an artist, and then, hopefully stir up enough hatred against that artist so that s/he is physically wounded. False theories of race are now the most common (and boring) aspect of all criticism, and will continue to be so until accusations of racism are in themselves illicit. I have watched 'Smiths fans' being attacked by the UK press on the grounds that 'Smiths fans' are too backward to understand the person that I am; I have watched the modern Morrissey audience be ridiculed by the UK press with the belief that they, too, couldn't possibly know who I am, and I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism. This battle fatigue I face alone, although I am very grateful to the writer Fiona Dodwell for her eloquent appraisals of the victimization that now automatically associates with my name, and on which The Simpsons latest episode feasts.
People continually ask me why I do not retaliate - especially following the Sky Sports open slander. The answer is explained in the first few lines of this comment. Life is difficult and you must face it on your own, and even with the impossible-to-imagine legal artillary, everything can be repaired … except the human heart.

It is easier for me not to go on. You know I couldn't last."

MORRISSEY
19 April 2021, Los Angeles.

Morrissey_Band_G013_copy_2_vq4iws.jpg

Edit: That picture appears to be by Travis Shinn, from the same session that produced the inner sleeve pictures of Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:

So who've we got lined up behind Morrissey so far? His manager, obviously. Did I see that @PrisonPlank had also stuck his oar in from his mother's basement? And now the right-wing rag The Post Millennial. By his friends shall we know him, I suppose.
I can't wait for Doddery's take on the whole thing.

i gave my attention to verso for a couple of posts so i thought it was only fair i did the same with the other forum bore. im done now. as the always brilliant bun bun would say, toddle off now
By all means hit the Ignore button, if you're not too weak.

By all means hit the Ignore button, if you're not too weak.
you are already on ignore, smarty pants! ive just been clicking the "show ignored content" or whatever button, because im feeling generous.

can you put samosas in the toaster? think i might try that when i can eat again. shit, im hungry.

you are already on ignore, smarty pants! ive just been clicking the "show ignored content" or whatever button, because im feeling generous.

can you put samosas in the toaster? think i might try that when i can eat again. shit, im hungry.
The best way to cook samosas is to wrap them in aluminium foil and then put them in the microwave on full power for five minutes.

'Defamatory'

As I've told you all before, he can whine as much as he like, but he hasn't the guts to take it to court and risk everyone being legally able to call him a racist.

And, sweet mother of God, they actually went with the 'he can't be racist, he has black friends' line.

Good grief
I love it when you tell us that you've told us all before -
It doesn't stop you being, though, a massive f***ing bore.

HELLO HELL

April 19, 2021

"This is my first comment (and hopefully my last) on The Simpsons' episode - which I know has enraged many people. The hatred shown towards me from the creators of The Simpsons is obviously a taunting lawsuit, but one that requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge. Neither do I have a determined business squad of legal practitioners ready to pounce. I think this is generally understood and is the reason why I am so carelessly and noisily attacked. You are especially despised if your music affects people in a strong and beautiful way, since music is no longer required to. In fact, the worst thing you can do in 2021 is to lend a bit of strength to the lives of others. There is no place in modern music for anyone with strong emotions. Limitations have been placed on art, and no label will sign an artist who might answer back. Anyway, forgive me, we all know this because we can see how music - and the world in general, has become a mesmerizing mess, and we must let it go spinning along unbearably because free speech no longer exists. We all know this. In my case, nothing about my life has ever been matter-of-fact; nothing about my songs has ever been matter-of-fact … so why would they now be? Since my very first interview several decades ago I have lived with horrible accusations to such a degree that it is generally understood that 'this is how we write about Morrissey'. In other words, I'm quite used to it. I've had enough horror thrown at me that would kill off a herd of bison. Accusations usually come from someone with a crazed desire for importance; they don't operate at a very high level. Writing for The Simpsons, for example, evidently requires only complete ignorance. But all of these things are too easy for me to say. In a world obsessed with Hate Laws, there are none that protect me. Often, the scandal sheets (do we STILL refer to them as 'news'papers?) attempt to psychologically wound an artist, and then, hopefully stir up enough hatred against that artist so that s/he is physically wounded. False theories of race are now the most common (and boring) aspect of all criticism, and will continue to be so until accusations of racism are in themselves illicit. I have watched 'Smiths fans' being attacked by the UK press on the grounds that 'Smiths fans' are too backward to understand the person that I am; I have watched the modern Morrissey audience be ridiculed by the UK press with the belief that they, too, couldn't possibly know who I am, and I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism. This battle fatigue I face alone, although I am very grateful to the writer Fiona Dodwell for her eloquent appraisals of the victimization that now automatically associates with my name, and on which The Simpsons latest episode feasts.
People continually ask me why I do not retaliate - especially following the Sky Sports open slander. The answer is explained in the first few lines of this comment. Life is difficult and you must face it on your own, and even with the impossible-to-imagine legal artillary, everything can be repaired … except the human heart.

It is easier for me not to go on. You know I couldn't last."

MORRISSEY
19 April 2021, Los Angeles.

View attachment 71275

Edit: That picture appears to be by Travis Shinn, from the same session that produced the inner sleeve pictures of Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

Related item:
Any originality in The Simpsons is long dead. It is a boring crass formula reflective of the MSM and the times in which we find ourselves. Some would argue it has been a tool of political agenda's and I am beginning to believe that, after the year we have put in and the relentless agenda of distraction, manipulation and hateful fear mongering. The Snuff side of programming.
That's all I have to say about The Simpsons, they're over, echoing away there in TV programming, land of the brain dead. TV is for those who are disconnected from the heart, waiting for Big Brother to give them the latest numbers and tell them what they are allowed to do.
If we have lost friends, they were never our friends. They just travelled with us for part of our journey. if we don't cling to people or the physical world we will have a great time here. Every soul is here on their own journey. Ultimately the only thing that is real is our heart and soul and their connection and the recognition of this in others, including in nature.
It's easier for all of us not to go on , that's what they want, so f*** them.
There are only two emotions love and fear. Pick a side and go from there. it's that simple.
Don't waste your energy on hating or haters, they're just feeding off your energy because they are not connected to a soul.

I have been listening to Alan Watts quite a bit, as I like his take on things.
"The physical world is diaphanous, it's like music.
When you play music, it simply disappears. There's nothing left, and for that reason it's one of the highest and most spiritual of the arts, because it is the most transient".
Putting our energy into creating is why we are here, soulless beings don't create, they seek to destroy and are not worthy of a souls attention. The heart and soul together is unbreakable.
Life is difficult and ultimately we come in here alone and leave the same way, but it is glorious when we meet other souls, kindred spirits, which is what Morrissey will always be to me.
Yes, we are human and the pattern of our body and face changes every day, because we are transient and yes spiritual. Nothing wrong with that, in fact it's glorious.

Morrissey should not have released a statement.

He should've added Morrissey Simpsons T-shirts to his store.

Woe is me stuff again eh. The brave free speech warrior gets himself into a tizz when people use their free speech

If this was basis for slander, then everyone who has ever appeared in Spitting Image could sue too. Besides, the character in The Simpsons is called Willoughby, not Morrissey. Even though it's obviously based on Morrissey, it's not him. And it's satire. Truly someone who has often publicly wished death on other people should understand.

If this was basis for slander, then everyone who has ever appeared in Spitting Image could sue too. Besides, the character in The Simpsons is called Willoughby, not Morrissey. Even though it's obviously based on Morrissey, it's not him. And it's satire. Truly someone who has often publicly wished death on other people should understand.

Yeah, the cartoon - but they did post on their social media that it was Morrissey & also made it clear they really do believe he's like that. So if he was going to sue, it would be over that. But he's not going to.

Tbh, I think he probably will retire.

Woe is me stuff again eh. The brave free speech warrior gets himself into a tizz when people use their free speech

Free speech is being able to discuss ideas - when people get harassed & mocked for speaking out that's a social control tactic to shut them up.

Creo que es un curry muy alegre que California Son vuelva a firmar todo con "Los Ángeles" de nuevo. Supongo que está bien, acosadores delirantes sociópatas lunáticos extranjeros, si quieres ir a Moz Ángeles y dormir en los basureros al final del camino de entrada y acampar frente a Sunset Marquis, Sunset Sound, Amalfi, Dan Tana's, Los Panchos, Calabasas Rec. Center y las canchas de baloncesto de Venice Beach, adelante. Mi gente de California y Moz Ángeles está lista para protegerme. Sé que realmente lo enfureció porque el impostor salmonete consiguió pan y se paseó en un mini-tonelero con un chaleco acolchado bajo la lluvia.Opciones de fotos falsas en un país extranjero. más airbnb fake flower house airnchchchm inn nnn nnn n it.
SHUT UP SALAME; NO EXISTIS NADIE TE RESPONDE SOLO TE RESPONDES A TI MISMO COMO UN DELIRANTE ACOSADOR FUERA DE AQUI

Yeah, the cartoon - but they did post on their social media that it was Morrissey & also made it clear they really do believe he's like that. So if he was going to sue, it would be over that. But he's not going to.

Tbh, I think he probably will retire.

After having just finished work on a new album? 🤨

(Btw 'Hello Hell' as an album title already exists)

That is not the reason. But "told you all" and will undoubtedly be writing it on the walls in your own waste when they finally drag you away.
I know you think you're a legal expert because of your wife but have you really asked her or anyone what the real issue is?
In a case where someone actually wrote that "Morrissey is a racist" it would be very different. Remember when the NME did this? They wound up apologizing.
Let that sink in for a second you moron. In a case like the one you are suggesting, he actually won.
But there is no case here because no one said "Morrissey is a racist." It's a parody you simpleminded wannabe expert on all things of which you know nothing.
Tell us again about how tanneries are totally harmless. Remember when you challenged everyone to post evidence to the contrary and then quit posting for a week or two when I did?
If I remember correctly, the NME gave only a sort of non-apology. I don't think they actually apologised for portraying him as a racist/xenophobe, did they? It was about 10 years ago and I can't be bothered to look it up, but I think they only said something like they felt sorry if Morrissey felt they'd made him seem like a racist. Am I misremembering?

Yeah it’s hard to know how to feel about the mixed messages but who knows. Clarity will come I guess

I haven’t watched the simpsons since season eight, did they make his band all white

This is what they're saying in Morrissey's local newspaper, The Los Angeles Times.

"Heaven knows he’s miserable now.

Morrissey’s manager issued a scathing statement Sunday slamming “The Simpsons” for depicting the English rocker in a “hurtful” and “hypocritical” light.

Sunday’s episode of “The Simpsons” saw 8-year-old Lisa adopt a new imaginary friend inspired by the fictional Quilloughby — a former member of British band the Snuffs, which “dominated the ’80s indie scene with their brand of literate, sardonic ... music that focused on Quilloughby’s obsessions, especially his militant vegetarianism.”

Fans couldn’t help but notice the animated character (voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch) and his uncanny resemblance to Morrissey. The former frontman of British band the Smiths, a staple of ’80s indie rock, is known for lyrics and imagery that reflect his views on animal rights and other hot-button issues.

Titled “Panic on the Streets of Springfield,” a riff on the 1986 Smiths song “Panic,” the “Simpsons” episode poked fun at Morrissey’s penchant for droll commentary. It also satirized his disillusioned, morose sound with original parody tracks such as “Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (and Possibly You).”

Morrissey seemed flattered — at first — by the homage, promoting the episode on his Facebook page prior to its Sunday premiere. And “Simpsons” writer Tim Long recently told Variety the cartoon is “definitely Morrissey-esque, with maybe a small dash of Robert Smith from the Cure, Ian Curtis from Joy Division, and a bunch of other people.”

After its debut, however, Morrissey’s team took issue with how the episode portrayed an older version of the so-called Quilloughby during a Snuffs reunion concert. According to Yahoo News, one scene saw the washed-up character spiral out of control onstage — renouncing veganism because it “was invented by foreigners, of whom there are far too many on this planet!”

“That’s right, I hate the foreign!” Quilloughby shouts while firing a meat gun at the crowd before performing a solo track called “Refugees? Again?” Watching his future self alongside Lisa, imaginary Quilloughby laments, “Is this what I turned into? I’m greedy, I’m hateful, and my face looks like a syphilitic moon!”

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom