Morrissey Central "HELLO HELL" (April 19, 2021)

HELLO HELL

April 19, 2021

"This is my first comment (and hopefully my last) on The Simpsons' episode - which I know has enraged many people. The hatred shown towards me from the creators of The Simpsons is obviously a taunting lawsuit, but one that requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge. Neither do I have a determined business squad of legal practitioners ready to pounce. I think this is generally understood and is the reason why I am so carelessly and noisily attacked. You are especially despised if your music affects people in a strong and beautiful way, since music is no longer required to. In fact, the worst thing you can do in 2021 is to lend a bit of strength to the lives of others. There is no place in modern music for anyone with strong emotions. Limitations have been placed on art, and no label will sign an artist who might answer back. Anyway, forgive me, we all know this because we can see how music - and the world in general, has become a mesmerizing mess, and we must let it go spinning along unbearably because free speech no longer exists. We all know this. In my case, nothing about my life has ever been matter-of-fact; nothing about my songs has ever been matter-of-fact … so why would they now be? Since my very first interview several decades ago I have lived with horrible accusations to such a degree that it is generally understood that 'this is how we write about Morrissey'. In other words, I'm quite used to it. I've had enough horror thrown at me that would kill off a herd of bison. Accusations usually come from someone with a crazed desire for importance; they don't operate at a very high level. Writing for The Simpsons, for example, evidently requires only complete ignorance. But all of these things are too easy for me to say. In a world obsessed with Hate Laws, there are none that protect me. Often, the scandal sheets (do we STILL refer to them as 'news'papers?) attempt to psychologically wound an artist, and then, hopefully stir up enough hatred against that artist so that s/he is physically wounded. False theories of race are now the most common (and boring) aspect of all criticism, and will continue to be so until accusations of racism are in themselves illicit. I have watched 'Smiths fans' being attacked by the UK press on the grounds that 'Smiths fans' are too backward to understand the person that I am; I have watched the modern Morrissey audience be ridiculed by the UK press with the belief that they, too, couldn't possibly know who I am, and I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism. This battle fatigue I face alone, although I am very grateful to the writer Fiona Dodwell for her eloquent appraisals of the victimization that now automatically associates with my name, and on which The Simpsons latest episode feasts.
People continually ask me why I do not retaliate - especially following the Sky Sports open slander. The answer is explained in the first few lines of this comment. Life is difficult and you must face it on your own, and even with the impossible-to-imagine legal artillary, everything can be repaired … except the human heart.

It is easier for me not to go on. You know I couldn't last."

MORRISSEY
19 April 2021, Los Angeles.

Morrissey_Band_G013_copy_2_vq4iws.jpg

Edit: That picture appears to be by Travis Shinn, from the same session that produced the inner sleeve pictures of Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
give me a break. You twist words to fit your conscience/blind defence.

Being a poster boy for anti immigration party For Britain including wearing their badge on TV?
Not against immigration?

Supporting a party whose leader consistently states there is a deliberate plan to replace whites in Europe.
Not against immigration?

When he posted on his own page a video from a far right blogger who ranted on stating rapes and terrorism is a result of immigration.
Not against immigration?

When Morrissey said in relation to his support for the first political party in his life:

"the first time in my life that I will vote for a political party, finally I have hope. ... The U.K. is a dangerously hateful place now, and I think we need someone to put a stop to the lunacy and to speak for everyone.”
Not against immigration?

"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race". Hhmm, I'll leave that one to you without commenting.
What is the name of the far-right Blogger who had a video posted on to Morrissey's own website?

What is the name of the far-right Blogger who had a video posted on to Morrissey's own website?
That would be the person you've already mentioned that causes you 'worry' in an earlier post.

No, I care that if someone kind of knows who Morrissey is and then is led to believe that he is a complete phony that they might decide not to give his music more of a listen because they have already judged him on something that isn't true. I also care in the truth in general. As much as I think most popular singers such as Bieber or Grande or Kanye suck zebra taint and I wish their careers would all evaporate on live TV I do not want to watch flat out lies in the name of satire be told about them.

If you want to push something that could hurt a person's career then push things that are factual and tangible. As my first post said, if they attacked his anti-immigration stances in an honest way I would not object.

While many people want to paint Morrissey as a far right nut-job the truth of the matter is he is something that doesn't really have a label in the US which is a Patriotic Liberal. He stands up for 99% of the things the far right is against. He just agrees with them on one thing. I believe Morrissey is a nationalist without being a racist. I don't think he thinks non-whites are inferior. I think the feels that England should remain England the same way that Mexico should keep their culture.

I disagree with Morrissey on this point but I can appreciate it. I don't believe that he says these things with any hate. The Simpsons have some axe to grind with him and did so about as dishonestly as possible. It doesn't matter if it was satire, it was a complete miss.

well said

Dude, get a freaking grip. It's a parody show. Stop presuming to speak for all music fans, and stop slagging off more recent popular music just because nobody is listening to yours anymore.

You're really showing your whole ass with this post, man. Being parodied on The Simpsons is basically a rite of passage for famous actors and musicians, you should be honored and working to make the most of the publicity the episode will bring to you. Any publicity is good publicity...unless you react to it like a humorless wet blanket with an ego bigger than any concert arena you've ever performed in, in which case, yeah -- it's bad publicity. But it's not just bad publicity, it's peak boomer crybaby BS. Your generation calls millennials "special snowflakes," then immediately turn around and literally threaten to SUE a CARTOON show for satirizing you in an episode (which is perfectly legal, by the way, so good luck with that lawsuit, assuming you ever even manage to put up the funds to file one) because despite being rich* and famous, you think you are entitled to even MORE -- namely, you think you're entitled to control what others create, entitled to silence their (reasonable, completely legal, and frankly, totally correct) satirical take on your actions and character as a person. If you're really so pressed about people making fun of you, stop doing shit worthy of mockery.

Get over yourself, your pretentious-ass music, and learn to take a joke, before you completely alienate your (rapidly dwindling) audience and fans.

*Yes, you are rich compared to 99% of the population, so sit TF down with your "oh poor me I can't afford to file a frivolous lawsuit" bullshit, thanks. Nobody feels sorry for you. Half of us are suffering unemployment and being plunged into the depths of poverty while watching helplessly as our friends and families drop like flies from this pandemic, and your ignorant ass is out here -- a famous musician making tons of royalties from past music -- complaining about your financial situation like it's something deserving of sympathy when the vast majority of the inhabitants of this planet have so much less than you, they'd kill to be in your position, not take it for granted and bitch about it online. You make way more money than the average Joe -- if you haven't invested it well and instead have wasted it on shit like drugs and frivolous lawsuits against Comedy Central, well, your financial issues are of your own making. You're famous, dude. It's not hard to make money when you're famous. If you think it is, I invite you to trade lives with me for a day, and we'll see how sorry for yourself you feel after 12 hours on your feet getting paid $8.55 an hour while being exposed to people with the virus who refuse to wear masks.

Sam posted it. Probably found it on social media. Doesn't seem to check these things.
Shows how completely clueless you are to think that his dopey nephew could post something like that and not run it by his uncle first.
You distort Morrissey constantly trying to mould him and change him to fit your agenda.
Morrissey oversees every detail of his now warped career.
You are a control freak and I'm sure a thorn in his side.

Dude, get a freaking grip. It's a parody show. Stop presuming to speak for all music fans, and stop slagging off more recent popular music just because nobody is listening to yours anymore.

You're really showing your whole ass with this post, man. Being parodied on The Simpsons is basically a rite of passage for famous actors and musicians, you should be honored and working to make the most of the publicity the episode will bring to you. Any publicity is good publicity...unless you react to it like a humorless wet blanket with an ego bigger than any concert arena you've ever performed in, in which case, yeah -- it's bad publicity. But it's not just bad publicity, it's peak boomer crybaby BS. Your generation calls millennials "special snowflakes," then immediately turn around and literally threaten to SUE a CARTOON show for satirizing you in an episode (which is perfectly legal, by the way, so good luck with that lawsuit, assuming you ever even manage to put up the funds to file one) because despite being rich* and famous, you think you are entitled to even MORE -- namely, you think you're entitled to control what others create, entitled to silence their (reasonable, completely legal, and frankly, totally correct) satirical take on your actions and character as a person. If you're really so pressed about people making fun of you, stop doing shit worthy of mockery.

Get over yourself, your pretentious-ass music, and learn to take a joke, before you completely alienate your (rapidly dwindling) audience and fans.

*Yes, you are rich compared to 99% of the population, so sit TF down with your "oh poor me I can't afford to file a frivolous lawsuit" bullshit, thanks. Nobody feels sorry for you. Half of us are suffering unemployment and being plunged into the depths of poverty while watching helplessly as our friends and families drop like flies from this pandemic, and your ignorant ass is out here -- a famous musician making tons of royalties from past music -- complaining about your financial situation like it's something deserving of sympathy when the vast majority of the inhabitants of this planet have so much less than you, they'd kill to be in your position, not take it for granted and bitch about it online. You make way more money than the average Joe -- if you haven't invested it well and instead have wasted it on shit like drugs and frivolous lawsuits against Comedy Central, well, your financial issues are of your own making. You're famous, dude. It's not hard to make money when you're famous. If you think it is, I invite you to trade lives with me for a day, and we'll see how sorry for yourself you feel after 12 hours on your feet getting paid $8.55 an hour while being exposed to people with the virus who refuse to wear masks.
..........STANDING OVATION.
GREATNESS OF FREE SPEACH RIGHT THERE.

I invite you to trade lives with me for a day
Oh boy. It'd be hilarious if Morrissey traded lives... with virtually anyone on the planet.

At the moment I'm particularly amused at the thought of him being a nurse... Or just someone who helps the sick or the elderly on a daily basis, feeding them, cleaning them, making sure they are safe.

If he had had to mop up an elderly relative's piss everyday for a couple of years, maybe he wouldn't have been so vocal when his mother died... (Because rest assured that if only he'd had the money then, he would certainly have sued Death for being early. And every doctor in the country.) But he never had to wipe her bottom...He never had to do anything like that.

If you think for a second he's grateful for anything in his life, for all the things he got, for all the people who serve him...And who still will when he's 101...(Imagine how pleasant he will be then)...

Anyway. Anyone around here ready to trade lives and put their feet up at the Sunset Marquis? :palmtree:

Not got time to go through it.
I think it's pro Morrissey from the few seconds I watched.
FWD.

Morrissey earns more money most years than an average person on an average salary, working 50 years, will earn in their lifetime. He can f*** off if he thinks he's getting sympathy from anyone apart from the asskissers. He hasn't got enough money to sue? More likely, his lawyers told him he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting what he wants by going to law and it'll be a waste of his money. And we all know that Morrissey knows the price of everything. It's not like he can promise The Simpsons "If you stop suing me for not paying you what I owe you, I'll carry on working with you", then dumping them after writing two b-sides.

oh waaah...
How bout just not being racist?
Think of the hardships endured by the people and communities racism targets. Think of the violence and inequities they have suffered for generations compared to your petty woes.
I thought it was well due time that your racist bs was put on blast on a far reaching platform like the Simpsons. It was time that us kids of the 80s-90s who grew up with the Smiths and other "alternative" music, and maybe idolized Morrissey as some kind of anti-hero could stop living in the past and see what he has become.
I believe in free speech even if it offends. I believe in critical thinking. But there is a point when I have to stop and accept, this guy is full of shit and I will no longer support him as an artist.
Call it "woke" call it "cancel culture" call it "liberal", I don't care, I call it "There's no place for racism in the future"

oh waaah...
How bout just not being racist?
Think of the hardships endured by the people and communities racism targets. Think of the violence and inequities they have suffered for generations compared to your petty woes.
I thought it was well due time that your racist bs was put on blast on a far reaching platform like the Simpsons. It was time that us kids of the 80s-90s who grew up with the Smiths and other "alternative" music, and maybe idolized Morrissey as some kind of anti-hero could stop living in the past and see what he has become.
I believe in free speech even if it offends. I believe in critical thinking. But there is a point when I have to stop and accept, this guy is full of shit and I will no longer support him as an artist.
Call it "woke" call it "cancel culture" call it "liberal", I don't care, I call it "There's no place for racism in the future"
Woof woof!!!

Oh boy. It'd be hilarious if Morrissey traded lives... with virtually anyone on the planet.

At the moment I'm particularly amused at the thought of him being a nurse... Or just someone who helps the sick or the elderly on a daily basis, feeding them, cleaning them, making sure they are safe.

If he had had to mop up an elderly relative's piss everyday for a couple of years, maybe he wouldn't have been so vocal when his mother died... (Because rest assured that if only he'd had the money then, he would certainly have sued Death for being early. And every doctor in the country.) But he never had to wipe her bottom...He never had to do anything like that.

If you think for a second he's grateful for anything in his life, for all the things he got, for all the people who serve him...And who still will when he's 101...(Imagine how pleasant he will be then)...

Anyway. Anyone around here ready to trade lives and put their feet up at the Sunset Marquis? :palmtree:
Able to paint breezily tonight.

No, it was not against immigration.

Wanting to end violence & have the law cover everyone equally does not require a change in immigration laws. Morrissey's rhetoric was exclusively focused on blaming British politicians & the media for the genuine polarisation that had occurred in world politics.

Anne Marie was mostly pretending to be a reasonable & smeared feminist & her rhetoric didn't escalate until later.

Just like Reel Fountain you can never post the full quotes or look at his timeline because you're a hate-filled bigot.
Absolute nonsense.

The full quotes and the full interview recording from Germany are publicly available and you just like to always give him the benefit of the doubt in a truly bigoted stance. In your mind he is always correct and justified and you make up your own take on his actual words to try to justify it. He has never in any quote talked about polarisation because of British politicians. That is your take and it isn't evidenced anywhere. You read his actual texts and then say "he is talking about this and means this and not that". But that is just your opinion and not what he is saying. You put your stance on what he says between the lines because it makes you feel better about it.

Anne Marie's rhetoric has been clearly stated for many many years. Your statement that her rhetoric didnt escalate until later is just factually fake. She has had links to seriously dark far right groups across Europe including holocaust deniers for much longer than Morrissey's love for that party. You again just make shit up to try to justify his commentary and support of a hideous woman. You write excuses to justify a party and woman you has for at least 10 years had links to people who take of The Great Replacement theory and holocaust deniers who she has invited to speak at party conferences and links to people who have stated they support the repatriation of all non white europeans. Your excusing his support of such monsters is repulsive and you by doing so are an enabler of such divisive and hateful filth just like he is.

You are missing the line between satire and malice.

I do not know what the cartoons looked like so I cannot say.
If they were cartoons of Mohammad f***ing a zebra in the ass and that isn't something he is known for but were trying to show he married a little girl which is in some holy book it would be bad satire. Of course, their response should have been the same level as mine which simply was, "Wow, saying he eats meat is a cheap shot." I have no idea why my very simple statement landed so strongly with you.

Glad you know how every person in the world will react without asking any of them.

The two have nothing to do with each. I think you are just trying to write a clever zinger here. I have conceded years ago that Morrissey is not helping himself.

I hate their music. If I was going to a staire piece on them I would exaggerate the things I do not like about them. However, if they had a big concert and were all caught lip syncing and got "cancelled" over it, I would laugh and be quite happy. If they got cancelled over a satirical lie I would defend them.

There isn't much to get into. I believe he wishes British people were the vast majority of the population and he has made sad comments about how the mayor London can't speak English or something like that. That being said, I don't think he wishes that the entire world was British or that everyone was white or that he'd kill for white rights.

It becomes hard for me to understand how people from fairly hogoneous contries feel about this sort of things since I live in a country that was built on stolen land by slave-owners and somehow a large portion of the population thinks this is "God's Country"

If I was Japanese and grew up there I might not like seeing McDonald's and Starbucks and hearing lots of people speak English. I might not mind. I can't speculate so I let Morrissey opine about those things and his support for For Britain because they are still more progressive than half of America.

I won't respond to most of that because it was quite frankly not worth the effort.

The Charlie Hebdo cartoons did represent Mohammad in a very disrespectful way and had him frolicking around naked doing many things that were insulting to Muslims. But in that instance the world stood up and stated it was satired and perfectly ok to mock him.

Bieber has had lots of his fair share of being mocked in satirical ways that were equally offensive to his fans. You still miss the point that you are expressing hatred against musicians just because you don't like their music. Morrissey is speaking up about hate against him and not just in relation to The Simpsons. Hate is hate. Your hate of Bieber is still hate. There aren't gradients of hate.

"He wishes British people were the vast majority of the population". Well actually they are by a long way. The vast majority of people in Britain were born and bred here. Or are you now equating "British" with some kind of ethnic qualification?

I never mentioned anything to do with "white rights" or "killing for white rights". That is a jump to the abyss. Are you saying unless someone is prepared to kill for white rights they are ok? There are many levels of anti immigration and racism and you have just gone to an extreme and that isn't what was being talked about.

"For Britain are still more progressive than half of America". Wow. I have never heard progressive and For Britain in the same sentence before. You may want to do a little more research as to who they are and what they stand for. Waters believes in the Great Replacement Theory, invites holocaust deniers to speak at the party conferences, has links to many european far right hate groups including people who incite violence against non whites and believe that there should be a planned repatriation of all non EU whites out of europe to cleanse europe. I am not sure anyone would think that is progressive unless you are indeed on the dark side or Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom