Help from the most experienced collectors

RAFFAELE

Greetings to all Morrissey and Smiths collectors.
I'm not a professional and "maniacal" collector, but I'm keen on buying the Promos that has nice graphics and that are also unique and rare to find.
In fact, within five months, I bought a series of Morrissey's Japan Promos from the same seller.
However, the last two Promos I bought made me suspect that these are fake or counterfeit copies.
From the photos I attach you can see that the quality and the print is very poor.
I went to carefully review the Promos I had previously bought from him and, comparing the images uploaded on the Discogs website, I have strong doubts also about their authenticity.
From the same seller I purchased the following Japan Promos:
March 11: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" (2 CDs) for £ 197.50;
March 26: "Istanbul" for £ 72.50;
July 4th: "It's Over" for £ 107.50 (only the French promo is featured on Discogs. There is nothing published in Japan!);
July 18: "Kiss Me A Lot" and "Wedding Bell Blues" for £ 197.76.
And even "Wedding Bell Blues" is a trace!
As you can see from the photos I have attached, all the W.P.I.N.O.Y.B. Promos have the inner edge with the image of Morrissey (on a black background) moved all the way to the left that touches the inner edge of the cd.
Their graphics are clear but not as sharp as the images published on Discogs
All the CDs now seem to me to be forged.
For more experienced collectors or those who are in possession of the same Promo CD because they have already been purchased by other sellers, I ask for an opinion on their authenticity.
If you believe that they are not authentic, how do you advise me to take action against the seller on eBay?
Thank you all.
RAZ

These are the images I have attached
20190804_091534[1].jpg
20190804_092116[1].jpg
20190804_092840[1].jpg
20190804_093023[1].jpg
20190804_093206[1].jpg

This is a real one off Discogs. Much higher resolution and sharper images than yours.

The wedding bells cd looks awful. When in doubt, do nowt. Don’t bid on stuff you’re unsure of.

Btw I think you’re the guy who bought the French “It’s Over” CD-R off me, that one was 100% legit :thumb:

67502BA5-E784-4100-9428-B9099DD14822.jpeg

Sound advice :handpointup:
I've always been of a mind that if it's very cheap and enough of a curiosity - then why not.
That said, I get nervous seeing one person selling lots of one type of thing when they are reasonably scarce elsewhere.
I'd bow to other's experience in these matters regarding more recent releases, but I'd not touch them myself.
Regards,
FWD.

This is a real one off Discogs. Much higher resolution and sharper images than yours.

The wedding bells cd looks awful. When in doubt, do nowt. Don’t bid on stuff you’re unsure of.

Btw I think you’re the guy who bought the French “It’s Over” CD-R off me, that one was 100% legit :thumb:

View attachment 51420
Yes I am!
It is clear that your cd is authentic!:thumb:
How do you advise me to act with the seller from whom I have already purchased those promos?

Yes I am!
It is clear that your cd is authentic!:thumb:
How do you advise me to act with the seller from whom I have already purchased those promos?

If you’re fairly convinced they’re dodgy, then I’d return them for full refunds, refunds on every single item! I watched those auctions and I know how much they cost, it’s not the kind of money you can afford to throw away.

If you’re fairly convinced they’re dodgy, then I’d return them for full refunds, refunds on every single item! I watched those auctions and I know how much they cost, it’s not the kind of money you can afford to throw away.
Unfortunately the photos I have attached do not lie.
The Discogs site shows the Promo with photos that are clear and sharp in both characters and images.
I will follow your advice. Thanks:thumb:

Oh my God ,do you bought these cds for that price?.No wonder you are not a professional collector.I guess you could buy these for less.I saw "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" (2 CDs) for £ 197.50, for around 50 $ and even less.Even if you are rich, it's too much money for some itens you bought.Sending back to seller it's a good choice,but i hope when he receive he doesn't say it's not the ones he sent to you.

You saw a Japanese 2cd promo set for less than 50 bucks? Where, when?

not tricky to print at decent resolution - then how will you know the difference?

Greetings to all Morrissey and Smiths collectors.
I'm not a professional and "maniacal" collector, but I'm keen on buying the Promos that has nice graphics and that are also unique and rare to find.
In fact, within five months, I bought a series of Morrissey's Japan Promos from the same seller.
However, the last two Promos I bought made me suspect that these are fake or counterfeit copies.
From the photos I attach you can see that the quality and the print is very poor.
I went to carefully review the Promos I had previously bought from him and, comparing the images uploaded on the Discogs website, I have strong doubts also about their authenticity.
From the same seller I purchased the following Japan Promos:
March 11: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" (2 CDs) for £ 197.50;
March 26: "Istanbul" for £ 72.50;
July 4th: "It's Over" for £ 107.50 (only the French promo is featured on Discogs. There is nothing published in Japan!);
July 18: "Kiss Me A Lot" and "Wedding Bell Blues" for £ 197.76.
And even "Wedding Bell Blues" is a trace!
As you can see from the photos I have attached, all the W.P.I.N.O.Y.B. Promos have the inner edge with the image of Morrissey (on a black background) moved all the way to the left that touches the inner edge of the cd.
Their graphics are clear but not as sharp as the images published on Discogs
All the CDs now seem to me to be forged.
For more experienced collectors or those who are in possession of the same Promo CD because they have already been purchased by other sellers, I ask for an opinion on their authenticity.
If you believe that they are not authentic, how do you advise me to take action against the seller on eBay?
Thank you all.
RAZ

Oh god! What I feared and doubted has come true. I, too, purchased those items from a seller on Ebay. I purchased the following last year:

— Istanbul Japanese promo
— Kiss Me A Lot Japanese promo
—World Peace 2CD Japanese promo

And in July 2019, I purchased:

—It’s Over Japanese promo.

It was the last purchase that caused me to raise doubt. When the item arrived, he sent a “Morrissey Through the Years “ picture collection as an “extra” with my winning bud. The pictures were HORRIBLE. The resolution was POOR and grainy. The “It’s Over” Japanese Promo looked like it was printed at home. Initially, I lost the bid and then later, the seller contacted me and offered the item to me at the highest bid I had placed.

He contacted me again to see if I was interested in the “Wedding Bell Blues” Japanese promo before listing it on EBay. I politely declined the offer, as I realized my previous purchases from him were not authentic.
It’s a shame.

I will take the advice that the others gave to you: When in doubt, do not purchase.

An expensive lesson I had to learn...

I freaking new it, when I first saw these I was speculated about them especially with the same format in different lp era so I turned away . And man I wanted those CS promos badly. But was just to Leary . Dang I hate that for you

Back
Top Bottom