He's been telling us the whole time?

alainsane

Charter Member (since 1998)
In a 1984 interview in #1 magazine, Morrissey says the following, "I'd rather be remembered as a big-mouthed failure than an effete little wimp."

Given the spate of post-millennium controversy in his orbit combined with the dismal failure of his last few self-penned albums, I can't help but think that Morrissey's been telling us who he is the whole time--I just filled it in with what I wanted. Please discuss if moved to do so.

In 1984 he was already being attacked in the press for his 'Big Mouth' - & he disliked being dismissed as effeminate.

So - no.

The press were telling you how they'd deal with him.

Much of it is attributable to 'unlimited self-sabotage' - and he knows it.

The 'big-mouthed failure' and the 'effete little wimp' are just two of the archetypes they tried to fit him into. Of course, he's neither and I don't think he'd describe himself as the former today.

Last edited:
Yeah but we had cognitive dissonance. We couldn't believe he was racist.

Yeah but we had cognitive dissonance. We couldn't believe he was racist.

He has said more than once that he isn't a racist, and still some people can't let go of this. If people are supposed to be believed when they say they are a different sex/gender, why shouldn't people be believed when they say they are not racists? Real racists would proudly present themselves as such.

In a 1984 interview in #1 magazine, Morrissey says the following, "I'd rather be remembered as a big-mouthed failure than an effete little wimp."

Given the spate of post-millennium controversy in his orbit combined with the dismal failure of his last few self-penned albums, I can't help but think that Morrissey's been telling us who he is the whole time--I just filled it in with what I wanted. Please discuss if moved to do so.
how are his last few albums dismal failure,take the politics out of high school and his albums have had very positive reviews.

Back
Top Bottom