hipsters freaking suck

Personally I love Kent, and have done so for just as long a time as I've loved Moz (although not as religiously).
Jocke Berg is a great lyricist and the music is often heartbreaking and beautiful.

Kent! Judge Dread lived in Snodland.

I know what you mean, the law of jante, no one can understand how brainwashed you get by growing up in scandinavia. But I love a lot of swedish music; The Hives, Joakim Thåström, Marit Bergman, Escobar. The thing about Kent is that in one song they sang "the price we paid to be the best is that we bacame like the rest" and they did actually in one way. Morrissey does his own thing, he has done that all the time, and he follows through with it. He's still controversial, he refuses to compromize himself. And in one sense Kent's lyrics are different from a lot of other swedish music, but I feel that it's only words, they don't follow through.Jocke Berg has turned into one of those famous people who very likely could turn up in next weeks edition of Hemmets Journal and make some sort of "at home with"-article about how lovely it is to live in Bromma with his wife (or Eskilstuna or where ever he lives nowadays) and their 4 kids and their dog and talk about how lovely it is to eat dinner with their neighbour every friday night. So all the lyrics just seem like empty words to me.

I could never ever imagine Jocke Berg doing anything like this. He's never done anything like it before. Weird thing to say.

I just wish I could introduce some of thte "hipster" Moz fans I have known to some Moz fans "affiliated"(or formerly so) with SUR13 that seem to be up here in the high desert :confused: :eek:
that would be a real hoot and a half :D

While we live and breathe Morrissey others only like him because they see him as some underground pop icon.. just a skinny puny singer with thick rimmed glasses and a cardigan and flowers... they like that morrissey.

They would never like beat up morrissey from the southpaw stage.. or masculine you are quarry moz..

and I doubt they'd enjoin years of refusal..

Pisses me off because I've gotten in a couple of arguements with people on facebook because they'll post a smiths video one second and then a kanye west video..

It sickens me

Re:

While we live and breathe Morrissey others only like him because they see him as some underground pop icon.. just a skinny puny singer with thick rimmed glasses and a cardigan and flowers... they like that morrissey.

They would never like beat up morrissey from the southpaw stage.. or masculine you are quarry moz..

and I doubt they'd enjoin years of refusal..

Pisses me off because I've gotten in a couple of arguements with people on facebook because they'll post a smiths video one second and then a kanye west video..

It sickens me

If you start live your own life (leave parents house, earn your wages / salary to survive), you will learn to be put up with others who do not share the same view of a British pop singer.

I haven't been upsetted by comments from the people who do not understand / interested in the singers / bands I like.

There's a fair bit of music snobbery going on here.
I recall a thread a while back where someone was demanding that only ''real fans'' be allowed in gigs after they were stood next to someone who only knew the popular singles and had never heard of the obscure b-sides being played and it made them feel uncomfortable:rolleyes:

How do you know that those ''hipsters'' do not understand the lyrics as deep as you do? Have you asked them? So they don't wear the clothes that ''look right'' to you? Not all Morrissey fans look like the doom and gloom merchants that is stereotypical of a lot of fans queuing up outside gigs at 7am. Morrissey fans come in all ages and classes. The Prime Minister of Britain is a fan! Now whilst I find the thought of that disturbing, who am I to say to Cameron that he can't possibly be a fan and understand the lyrics as deeply as me because he has had a privilaged background?

Just be happy that Morrissey fans cross many ages and he has fans that like different genres of music too and that we all appreciate him in different ways - there are no right ways or wrong ways to appreciate him, but it is all about your way to appreciate him in your own way:guitar::cool:

I'm over it. Their odd love for Moz doesn't influence my love for Moz

Re:

If you start live your own life (leave parents house, earn your wages / salary to survive), you will learn to be put up with others who do not share the same view of a British pop singer.

I haven't been upsetted by comments from the people who do not understand / interested in the singers / bands I like.

You're right. As for me, I'm leaving my own life, have kids, have to feed them, etc etc, and so certainly the reasons why other people listen to Morrissey or not...well, I usually have other things to think about! BUT the adolescent who's still alive inside me (thank God!) shares the feelings with Mute Witness and Gregor Samsa: I find irritating when people say they listen to Morrissey as if they had to, because they have to seem cool or indie, or music experts or something. I'm very proud to be not cool and to be one who FEELS what my beloved Morrissey sings and who's close to his heart and soul someway. Then the adult part of me says to my brain: "the others are ok, you are insane, they just listen to a singer, which he is, you desperately love him, come on, you're 32". No, sorry, but he's not just a singer. We know.

Re:

You're right. As for me, I'm leaving my own life, have kids, have to feed them, etc etc, and so certainly the reasons why other people listen to Morrissey or not...well, I usually have other things to think about! BUT the adolescent who's still alive inside me (thank God!) shares the feelings with Mute Witness and Gregor Samsa: I find irritating when people say they listen to Morrissey as if they had to, because they have to seem cool or indie, or music experts or something. I'm very proud to be not cool and to be one who FEELS what my beloved Morrissey sings and who's close to his heart and soul someway. Then the adult part of me says to my brain: "the others are ok, you are insane, they just listen to a singer, which he is, you desperately love him, come on, you're 32". No, sorry, but he's not just a singer. We know.

As I said above, how do you know that Morrissey's songs / lyrics are not felt by those you consider to be ''cool or indie''? Who are you to judge them on a passing meeting at a gig or a club or walking past them whilst they wear a Smiths / Morrisey shirt? You know nothing about their lives so do not judge them so.

Re:

As I said above, how do you know that Morrissey's songs / lyrics are not felt by those you consider to be ''cool or indie''? Who are you to judge them on a passing meeting at a gig or a club or walking past them whilst they wear a Smiths / Morrisey shirt? You know nothing about their lives so do not judge them so.

I think you misunderstood, if I see someone with a Smiths / Morrissey shirt on I'm just happy and I think "he/she's a fan like me", I dont' judge people so easily. I just notice sometimes, and I can't help this, that there are some who...ok, you're right, I'm not allowed to enter in anybody's mind, it's just a feeling that I have. "Cool" and "indie" are not suc insults, anyway.

Morrissey + Hipsters = money for morrissey....he likes them. Half of his audiences are hipsters. The 'real' fans seem a wee bit mental & are a small % (with any pop/rock music it is the same). If it wasn't for 'the hipster' he won't have a career or an audience or a decent bank balance.

How do you know this?

Back
Top Bottom