hipsters freaking suck

I thought you were talking about hipster trousers. They do suck - especially if you're not stick thin...

As for famous people liking Morrissey - meh. It's annoying but I feel much more strongly about the fit of my pants.

It makes me wanna puke, yes.

One should listen to Morrissey simply because one needs it. Like air or water or solid food, Morrissey (at least to me) is something essential to my continued existence as a live creature.
It's far from just music. It's somewhere I can go for comfort, support, kinship. Morrissey, through his art, lets us rest our weary heads on his chest. He tells us that everythings gonna be okay and I for one believe him.

I simply cannot accept people listening to him lightheartedly, simply because he makes great tunes. That offends me.
I'm 25 years old and I've felt like this since I discovered him back when I was 17.

And now, a lot of you will go bananas over this statement. But it's okay, it just makes me more sure of myself and my standpoint.

Well....,
There is an awful lot that could be said here.
All I will say is its nice you found someone you can love in the world and when one loves something or someone it is blood boiling when shallow types and fakers latch on to the said person/thing.
The fakers and the bores then start shouting their mouths off about something they don't really understand and in some way cheapen things.
Of course the same could be said about true fans as well.
There are so many people who think just because they have Mozpidea and know what sandwich filling he had on 5/9/1999 they have the key to Morrisseys soul.
Some times the more you read about a person the further you get from them- The amount of people who have been lead down the incorrect streets by the way the Music press have written about him and by swallowing the Morrissey Myth wholesale is a case in point.
As I have said before, it's natural to find out what your hero (for want of a better term) likes and has been influenced by and try these shoes on for yourself.
I find it maddening though when people only like the things Morrissey (or whomever) likes, simply because Morrissey likes them or hates things just because Morrissey hates them.
They become just as hollow as the "Hipsters" people dislike. One can spot a fake a mile away.
Also, making yourself into a bad photo copy really does miss the whole point of Morrissey and what he is about.

Morrissey has meant a lot to me, it was like finding someone who spoke for me I was 17 and fully formed in terms of my personality and aesthetic - his sense of style,influences, upbringing, state of mind and sentence structure were like mine ( in fact it was others who said you need to listen to this chap "he is like you").
That said it is very important to not treat anyone, Morrissey or other wise, as a God or religious figure or to think you are him- to do this again misses the point.
We are we and he is he.

As for The Hipster thing, hipsters and trend setters do help move culture along.
I think Moz and Marr would be more proud to have hipsters as fans than silly goths and indie no nothings.

All I know is that I am the true fan. My understanding of him is the only one that is correct.

The rest of you are poser wannabes. You all suck.

One should listen to Morrissey simply because one needs it. Like air or water or solid food, Morrissey (at least to me) is something essential to my continued existence as a live creature.
It's far from just music. It's somewhere I can go for comfort, support, kinship. Morrissey, through his art, lets us rest our weary heads on his chest. He tells us that everythings gonna be okay and I for one believe him.

This is beautiful.

hipster-bingo.jpg

Oh, OK fair enough.
The truth is though any icon needs the hipsters to re find them every few years.
Thats how the flame keeps burning (honey pie).

Honey pie? Well, thanks dear. ;)

I guess you're right. They do need them. In terms of sales and, as you say, reigniting the flame.

I'm actually fascinated by the hipster subculture, even though, I'm not really actually a hipster. Mostly, I like their fashion sense and the type of music and movies they enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom