Morrissey Central "Hold On To Your Friends." (September 29, 2021)

I've never really watched 'Friends', but it would be interesting to see Morrissey visiting their set.
It was probably when Chrissy Hynde did her cameo with Lisa Kudrow. He would not be welcome now as Jennifer Manniston doesn't want sovereign people around her. The Friends formula is way past its sell by date so I don't know why the poster on Morrissey Central is even bringing it up.

Yes, compared to sharp US comedies like The Golden Girls, Cheers and The Phil Silvers Show, it seemed toothless and benign.
I loved the Phil Silvers show but think that in the main US comedies are septic scour compared to the vastly superior English comedies (Yes Minister, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools, Steptoe, etc.).

If you insist on going down this route Hovis, then we might as well give a nod to the Krankies and pitkins
I love the Krankies; travelled all the way to Glasgow to see them in panto a couple of years ago. Fantastic show.

I don’t think that made it in the UK; the big British sit coms in 1977 were Mind Your Language and Citizen Smith. I dare say they didn’t make it to Canada.
Mind your language 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hoffman’s fave program...
It only lasted one series I think...

Regards,
FWD.

The six main 'comedians' make about $20 million a year doing NOTHING, as they reportedly each get 2% of the Warner Bros. collection of about $1 billion a year from re-run revenue.

That being said, I think they are all lacking any talent, including acting. Just miserable, unfunny, laugh-track backed misery.

I rather enjoy Seinfeld myself. Did this show ever catch on anywhere outside the States?

Seinfeld and Curb are infinitely better shows than Friends. Seinfeld managed to be broad, odd and clever at the same time, and it still hasn’t gone out of style.

I used to like "Till Death Us Do Part" and "Love Thy Neighbour", proper comedy before things went unfunny and p.c. Never show re-runs, can't think why.

I used to like "Till Death Us Do Part" and "Love Thy Neighbour", proper comedy before things went unfunny and p.c. Never show re-runs, can't think why.
If you like warren Mitchel ...
Then may I suggest you watch “ an audience with” warren Mitchel or Alf garnett ... absolutely hilarious

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom