Holy grail of unreleased songs

A

Anonymous

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, but I am curious with all the recent leaks in the last few years (i.e. Mirival sessions and Wolverhampton), what you all consider to be the current holy grail of unreleased material.

South with Morrissey comes to my mind. What else?

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, but I am curious with all the recent leaks in the last few years (i.e. Mirival sessions and Wolverhampton), what you all consider to be the current holy grail of unreleased material.

The Smiths - I Want A Boy For My Birthday

Praying for the 1987 Peel Session with Suedehead and Margaret and the cover of A Fool Such As I that The Smiths recorded as a b-side for a Strangeways single

Praying for the 1987 Peel Session with Suedehead and Margaret and the cover of A Fool Such As I that The Smiths recorded as a b-side for a Strangeways single

I could help with one of those...but I won’t.

Well, imho, there's far more interesting things than the mess that was Morrissey South (that are actually music tracks) that are missing.
That said, I'm a realist.
Some people here have heard the occasional unreleased track or demo - then reported it here, but it does not count really untill it's tangible for the whole community (as per the NHS).
Things have leaked and many people here have shared various findings (even pressed them on vinyl to make money as per Revelation et al...), but a song appearing on a name registration service doesn't mean much until it appears in the wild.
Things like reference CDs that people are sitting on have a degree of possibility. Even things like a box of fabled Smiths' cassette recordings shown via YouTube is possible, but things like a brief song title on Krix's site listing rarities may just remain forever unobtainable - as it may not even exist.
Personally, I'd look to Alain for his rumoured demos project or hope those clinging on to things eventually decide to share. Other than that, I'd take everything with a pinch of salt and treat anything that does appear as a nice surprise.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I'd say it's the Fool Such as I cover from '87. Sounds almost too good to be true.

My plea to Mr Who Gave Us So Much Here And I Will Respect Until I Die

Among these possible titles , there should be some decent demos someone could upload , don't you think?

Came Here For
I'm Looking Forward To Going Back

I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me
Me Satisfied -
Robin And Company
Teresa, Teresa
When I Was Young

Sisterama

Agreeable Civil Servant

No Room for Oscar

Son Of Sin

The Longer I Live.

I Know Who I Love
I'm Not Worth Hitting

My Name Is Mortimer
Sharp Bend, Fast Car, Goodbye

Take Us The Way We Are

Can't Carry One

Cage Of Marriage

Women Don't Seem To Like Me

I Don't Want Us To Finish
Buddy Buried Deeply
In Control of Dame Dominance
When I Was Young

(I Think) I'm Ready For The Electric Chair
The Living Jukebox

I Want A Boy For My Birthday
(Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I

Among these possible titles , there should be some decent demos someone could upload , don't you think?

Came Here For

Me Satisfied -
Robin And Company
Teresa, Teresa
When I Was Young

Sisterama

Agreeable Civil Servant

No Room for Oscar

Son Of Sin

The Longer I Live.

I Know Who I Love
I'm Not Worth Hitting

My Name Is Mortimer

Take Us The Way We Are

Can't Carry One

Cage Of Marriage

Buddy Buried Deeply
When I Was Young

The Living Jukebox

You forgot

A matter of opinion
( Morrissey/Marr)

‘ Oh, sit by the fire with your book
and pretend that you're active
But the very last stage of a nuclear age
is not attractive"

"God bless the boys on the factory floor"

"This is just something that happens to other people"

"When will you stand up and say what you really want to?"

(chorus)
"Oh, it's all a matter of opinion"

And....

Don't Blow Your Own Horn"

Don't Blow Your Own Horn"
(Morrissey/Marr)

This is an early composition by the Smiths, the very first song written by Morrissey and Marr soon after they met in May 1982. Morrissey already had the lyrics and gave them to Johnny to write music to. The song is unreleased and lyrics are unknown.
Morrissey/Marr)

This is an early composition by the Smiths, the very first song written by Morrissey and Marr soon after they met in May 1982. Morrissey already had the lyrics and gave them to Johnny to write music to. The song is unreleased and lyrics are unknown.

Info from Passions just like mine.

I would also love to know if there's an original composition of Home is a Question Mark out there. Passions has it dating back to 2003 as a Whyte/Morrissey song from the Quarry sessions, but LIHS lists it as a Lopez/Morrissey song. Would like to hear how much that song evolved over the years.

Came Here For

Me Satisfied -
Robin And Company
Teresa, Teresa
When I Was Young

Sisterama

Agreeable Civil Servant

No Room for Oscar

Son Of Sin

The Longer I Live.

I Know Who I Love
I'm Not Worth Hitting

My Name Is Mortimer

Take Us The Way We Are

Can't Carry One

Cage Of Marriage

Buddy Buried Deeply
When I Was Young

The Living Jukebox

There’s only 4 people on this site that has the means to give you some of the content on that list...and it just isn’t going to happen.

Those days are done. No more freebies. Please quit asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also love to know if there's an original composition of Home is a Question Mark out there. Passions has it dating back to 2003 as a Whyte/Morrissey song from the Quarry sessions, but LIHS lists it as a Lopez/Morrissey song. Would like to hear how much that song evolved over the years.
Yes, this would be interesting. I believe the way Alain said it sounded nothing like his version when asked on FB about it implied it existed in some form from '03.
Add that to his view about recent music:
20181128_200634.jpg

and I suspect it would be another great Alain track. He's teased the idea of him releasing his previous demo work - fingers crossed.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I would love to hear "Sharp Bend, Fast Car..." and "I Don't Want Us to Finish".

Yes, this would be interesting. I believe the way Alain said it sounded nothing like his version when asked on FB about it implied it existed in some form from '03.
View attachment 46622
and I suspect it would be another great Alain track. He's teased the idea of him releasing his previous demo work - fingers crossed.
Regards,
FWD.

I agree with Alain re: the personnel but not necessarily about the instruments as that lineup was definitely becoming staid with the guitars, bass and drums format.

View attachment 46622
Regards,
FWD.

Well I have a feeling that lyrically the version on LIHS is similar to Alain's version but maybe the lyrics were recycled or tweaked for the Lopez version. Obviously that's just a guess but it's what happened with the two different versions of It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small....similar lyrical crux adjusted to fit a new musical composition.

But who knows.

Also I couldn't agree with Alain more about the "clutter" in Morrissey's music now. Like how he ruined what could have been an amazing medley of Every Day Is Like Sunday and Alone Again (Naturally) by having Go Stuff Some Manure noodle that awful pretentious piano Liberace-wanna-be bullshit all over the place...just like how he ruined Will Never Marry.

There’s only 4 people on this site that has the means to give you some of the content on that list...and it just isn’t going to happen.

Those days are done. No more freebies. Please quit asking.

If “no more freebies” is their policy, what do they want so we can hear them? Their cocks sucked?

If “no more freebies” is their policy, what do they want so we can hear them? Their cocks sucked?

The first has never given out freebies and never will.

The second only gives when he receives something of equal rarity.

The third at this point probably has nothing left.

The last gave enough and currently views the fandom as a bunch of thieving, fickle, ingrate children.

So, you can put the chapstick away...I don’t think oral sex is going to help.

Back
Top Bottom