"Honey You Know Where To Find Me" #23 in UK best selling vinyl singles of 2020 - NME

shoplifterromo writes:

The best-selling singles of 2020 U.K. chart has been announced by the Official Charts Company (OCC).

NME lists Morrissey’s “Honey You Know Where To Find Me” at number 23 in the year’s top 40 chart.

full

Related item:

Last edited:
I believe the vinyl resurgence has lead to an increase in physical products by a larger group of artists - which is why something with less than 2000 made can appear to have done relatively well.
All RSD stuff tends to do OK, but even big sellers were in the 5K total sales.
Finding figures isn't easy for individual artists, but the days of 40k single sales are long gone. You can enter the chart with less than 100 purchases.

The full chart for those who don't click through links:

1. All You’re Dreaming Of – Liam Gallagher
2. Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division
3. Living In A Ghost Town – Rolling Stones
4. Atmosphere – Joy Division
5. No Time To Die – Billie Eilish
6. Blue Monday – New Order
7. Transmission – Joy Division
8. Blue Moon Rising – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
9. Christmas Lights – Coldplay
10. Say Something – Kylie Minogue
11. Alabama Song – David Bowie
12. Texas Sun – Khruangbin & Leon Bridges
13. Magic – Kylie Minogue
14. All My Life – The Lathums
15. Keep ‘Em Alive – The Damned
16. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock – U2
17. Ace Of Spades – Motorhead
18. Be A Rebel – New Order
19. Gangsters – The Specials
20. Cop Syrup – Biffy Clyro
21. Trouble’s Coming – Royal Blood
22. Arnold Layne – Pink Floyd
23. Honey You Know Where To Find Me – Morrissey
24. Enola Gay – OMD
25. The Modern Leper – Biffy Clyro
26. My Future – Billie Eilish
27. Confusion – New Order
28. Turn The Heater On – New Order
29. Thieves Like Us – New Order
30. On Sunset – Paul Weller
31. A Hero’s Death – Fontaines D.C.
32. Murder – New Order
33. Christmas Eve (Soul Purpose) – Blossoms
34. You Are The Champions – Queen & Adam Lambert
35. We All Stand Together – Paul McCartney
36. Always – The Snuts
37. Girls And Boys – Blur
38. Kyoto – Phoebe Bridgers
39. Monkey Business – Pet Shop Boys
40. Vroom Vroom – Charli XCX

FWD.

Further, I believe Motörhead ‎– Ace Of Spades at #17 had a run of about 4000 copies (several vinyl formats).
Rough Trade asserted Honey... was limited to 2000 copies.
The science of sales figures is confusing - to muddy the water more: Coldplay's Christmas Lights 7" was limited to 2900 copies - which means there's lots of Motörhead ‎vinyl not getting bought! So you can get a top ten best selling vinyl single with less than 3000 7"s sold.
Regards,
FWD.

Interesting, IANADOAC doesn’t appear in the top 40 vinyl albums. Despite the 3 different colours, no placing for it.
What’s the excuse this time, Thewils?PS I bought all 3 copies.

Interesting, IANADOAC doesn’t appear in the top 40 vinyl albums. Despite the 3 different colours, no placing for it.
What’s the excuse this time, Thewils?PS I bought all 3 copies.
Not surprising really as it lasted less than three days on the chart.

Nothing but a deeply depressing reminder of how how little money is in the music industry nowadays. People only buy reissues from old acts.

Nothing but a deeply depressing reminder of how how little money is in the music industry nowadays. People only buy reissues from old acts.
People buy plenty of albums by plenty of artists, new and old. People just don’t buy Morrissey’s albums.

They are probably mostly bought by eBay traders.

Ok. Traders, fans, whatever. People are buying them.

In regards to IANADOAC, I’m sure we can agree that sales would have been much better if there was a tour
(and a label that actually cared) to promote it. Unfortunately a pandemic and shutdown got in the way.

Edit: nice to see Joy Division up top.

But to see Liam Gallbladder at #1
just supports my belief that these charts mean very little when it comes to measuring true artistic value and success.

Last edited:
Well done Moz and band👌👌👌
Back in the big time again🏆🏆🏆
Good start to the year for all concerned......

Ok. Traders, fans, whatever. People are buying them.

In regards to IANADOAC, I’m sure we can agree that sales would have been much better if there was a tour
(and a label that actually cared) to promote it. Unfortunately a pandemic and shutdown got in the way.

Edit: nice to see Joy Division up top.

But to see Liam Gallbladder at #1
just supports my belief that these charts mean very little when it comes to measuring true artistic value and success.
But surely Paul McCartney will be feeling like he’s box office poison right now? It stands to reason.

I’m broken inside. I can’t believe Pink Floyd shifted more vinyl than Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom