'How Soon is Now' new cover version in The Crown trailer?

Just noticed what seems to be a cover of 'How Soon is Now' playing in the new trailer for The Crown. Not a fan of the cliched 'Indie Waif Voice' style myself, but anyone know who this is? Is it new?

Solution
Update:
It's 'AG Ft. Dresage'.

20201031_105009.jpg

'AG' is also credited with producing a REM cover used on Grey's Anatomy.
Regards,
FWD.
The original song pisses all over the newer bastardised version. What do Moz & Marr think of their iconic song being used to advertise a TV show about the 'royals'? Do they get paid? And is it worth it if they do.

My god I hate that style of singing. It's a tried and true cover version method used by the entertainment industry that employs the whispery tones, ignoring the melody of the original song to the point where there is basically one or two recognised notes and the quintessential solo piano key touch. Do they get the same girl to do all of them?

Just drain the original song of all life and slow it down to a crawl. At least with WW84 they went with a cover of Blue Monday that sounds exactly the same, almost.
Did you buy/listen to the recent remastered 12" of Blue Monday? Perfection. My speakers came to life.

these started around the time john lewis did plese please let me get what i want in their christmas advert,that was sung by slow moving millie,why is it always a female singer,its balls and i would write to my mp if i could be arsed looking for a pen.

It’s Billie Eilish isn’t it?
dont get me started,thank god bonds pushed back till next year.
i would go and see no time to die like this.
enter cinema,take a seat.
film starts with the gun barrel sequence and monty normans classic theme.
as soon as billie eyelash starts singing i go for a 4 minutes and 2 seconds piss then take my seat for the rest of daniel craig phoning in his performance.ps somebody tell the makers to stop having craig fix his effing cufflinks,once was enough.

Judging by the trailer, I think this cover version perfectly captures the tone - mawkish, trite, winsome, excruciating and yet still bland. Job done. 1o out of 10 for Indie Waif's latest turn.

Update:
It's 'AG Ft. Dresage'.

20201031_105009.jpg

'AG' is also credited with producing a REM cover used on Grey's Anatomy.
Regards,
FWD.

Solution
Nice find. To be fair, it does improve a bit once the song builds up, and she starts singing properly, without those ghastly affected vocals. I presume this is their websites?:

The trailer's got 1.6 million views already, just on YouTube. I wouldn't be surprised if Morrissey earned more money from royalties on this than on the entire sales history of 'I Am Not a Dog on a Chain'.

Es esto? por Nauvy & Sauvane. suena muy bien. Sorprendido de ver que Morrissey y Marr firmaron para que la canción apareciera en un programa sobre la monarquía.
[editar: Creo que esta no es la portada utilizada en el tráiler, pero suena similar. Tal vez encargaron una portada solo para el tráiler, porque no puedo encontrar una portada como esa en ningún lado].
[MEDIA = youtube] mcHkt1-TtUg [/ MEDIA]
Horrible = horripilante
HORRIBLE SINGS IN THE STYLE OF ALANIS MORISSETTE AND SHAKIRA 🤨😖😱😱😱😱
I wonder did Moz authorize this..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom