How the new Morrissey biopic England is Mine was designed - Design Week

How the new Morrissey biopic England is Mine was designed -Design Week
We speak to director Mark Gill and the designers at The Chase who worked together on the design of a new film dramatising the life of the young Morrissey.
by Tom Banks

40506_eim_apollo_poster-890x500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The design of the film?

Yes, yes, yes!
The design of a "biopic" which can afford to not be a biopic at all.
Cause it could about any one. That Morrissey guy in it was a coincidence, surely. :squiffy:

It will probably be nominated for an Oscar as best film design. :rolleyes:
If that exists. But I don't want to get the Oscar people any ideas about yet another category. Enough is too much already.

Yes, yes, yes!
The design of a "biopic" which can afford to not be a biopic at all.
Cause it could about any one. That Morrissey guy in it was a coincidence, surely. :squiffy:

It will probably be nominated for an Oscar as best film design. :rolleyes:
If that exists. But I don't want to get the Oscar people any ideas about yet another category. Enough is too much already.
There's such a thing as production design but it's a weird comment.

The design of the film?

If you read the article it's quite clear what they mean. I can't quite believe you're questioning an industry-standard design magazine's use of the word "design" *chortle*

If you read the article it's quite clear what they mean. I can't quite believe you're questioning an industry-standard design magazine's use of the word "design" *chortle*

No, it's not.
He is questioning that standard. There is nothing to believe or not to believe. It's a very simple question, yet not answered. What's wrong with questioning that standard?

You're asking what design is in this context? Its the posters, the beer mats, the bus stops. They all need to be created in the style of the period. A film uses a vast number of props, some are purchased, some are created.

You're asking what design is in this context? Its the posters, the beer mats, the bus stops. They all need to be created in the style of the period. A film uses a vast number of props, some are purchased, some are created.

I didn't get you meant that, sorry.
I thought more along the lines of how to design a scenario, to create the sort of visual images you want it to be, just like a writer designs his novel.
Never mind! :thumb:

I think when someone above said graphic design that's the closest I guess. But its a bit more than just that

I didn't get you meant that, sorry.
I thought more along the lines of how to design a scenario, to create the sort of visual images you want it to be, just like a writer designs his novel.
Never mind! :thumb:

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom