Hull Ice Rink

Hi All,

As a Morrissey/Smiths fan I thought I'd let those fans planning a meetup or a few pre-gig drinks know of an event I have organised at Odeon Hull (right next door to the Ice Arena)

Morrissey Mania at Odeon Hull

Tuesday 19th

17.30-21.30

Come down to Odeon Hull before Morrissey lights up the stage at the Ice Arena and enjoy a few pre-concert drinks in our bar. or if you didn't manage to get tickets come down and comiserate with some fellow fans! We'll be playing songs from right across Morrissey's career from The Smiths to his many solo albums.
It is sure to be a great night for all with great value drinks in comparison to the Ice Arena.
So whether you will be celebrating to the sounds of "all you need is me " or comiserating to "heaven knows I'm miserable now" make sure you do it at Odeon Hull.

Hope to see you there!

Ian

What time is everyone planning on queuing from? This is my first Morrissey gig and whilst i'm well aware that Moz fans will queue for ages to get a good spot I have no idea how this determination actually converts into time. Also I just looked at my ticket and it says doors open at 6.30. I expected it to be 7.30 (think it said that on the ticket websites too), does this mean the proceedings will get underway an hour earlier? Cheers!

It's easy enough to get up front without queing (sp?) or barging your way through. I've always managed it.

Hello all. :)

I can hardly wait! I hope it's not going to piss it down. I don't even own a brolly. A little light drizzle would be ok - it is Hull after all - but the thought of being squashed up against loads of wet people fills me with dread lol!

Hope you all have a fabulous evening anyway, wet or not.

Niks x.

Hello all. :)

I can hardly wait! I hope it's not going to piss it down. I don't even own a brolly. A little light drizzle would be ok - it is Hull after all - but the thought of being squashed up against loads of wet people fills me with dread lol!

Hope you all have a fabulous evening anyway, wet or not.

Niks x.

The forecast is for light rain, Niks. I'll put a roll of bin-liners and some scissors in the car in case anyone needs to improvise a mac. :)

Ew, yes! Imagine the humidity inside the venue if everyone is queue-dampened as well as sweaty. They'll have to wheel poor old Mozzer off-stage to wring him out partway through the set!

The forecast is for light rain, Niks. I'll put a roll of bin-liners and some scissors in the car in case anyone needs to improvise a mac. :)

Ew, yes! Imagine the humidity inside the venue if everyone is queue-dampened as well as sweaty. They'll have to wheel poor old Mozzer off-stage to wring him out partway through the set!

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

It's going to smell like a bear's armpit in there! :eek:

Good idea about the bin-liners. I shall bring some too so we should be ok. I'm just praying that no-one has BO and I get shoved up against their armpit. I really have an aversion to rancid body odour don't I? :lbf:

I'll bring some perfume just in case. I'd much rather choke to death on Hugo Boss than on someone's manky pit-stench! :sick:

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

It's going to smell like a bear's armpit in there! :eek:

Good idea about the bin-liners. I shall bring some too so we should be ok. I'm just praying that no-one has BO and I get shoved up against their armpit. I really have an aversion to rancid body odour don't I? :lbf:

I'll bring some perfume just in case. I'd much rather choke to death on Hugo Boss than on someone's manky pit-stench! :sick:

First Morrissey gig I went to, I was crammed up against a stinky bloke and thought it couldn't get worse. Until a big punch-up broke out behind me and security dived in, trapping me against the barrier, unable to move, with my face pressed into a bouncer's wet armpit.:sick:

We must be bloody mad, doing this! :D

Back
Top Bottom