Hull Ice Rink

First Morrissey gig I went to, I was crammed up against a stinky bloke and thought it couldn't get worse. Until a big punch-up broke out behind me and security dived in, trapping me against the barrier, unable to move, with my face pressed into a bouncer's wet armpit.:sick:

We must be bloody mad, doing this! :D

And you lived to tell the tale. Well done you!

Do you think it might be worth bringing some cans of anti-perspirant along so we can surreptitiously squirt anyone whose pong offends our delicate noses? :D

And you lived to tell the tale. Well done you!

Do you think it might be worth bringing some cans of anti-perspirant along so we can surreptitiously squirt anyone whose pong offends our delicate noses? :D

Here's the plan: I'm bringing a load of spare earplugs to give out to anyone who needs them, so we can have an "Armpits and Earholes" checkpoint in the foyer. As the peeps reach out to grasp their free earplugs from me (I'll hold the plugs one in each hand so they have to reach over with both arms), you do a quick sniff-and-squirt.....et voila! Pit-whiff and tinnitus forestalled in a single operation. Sorted. :thumb:

I'll be arriving fairly early after I check into the Ibis hotel a few minutes away, bit of shopping and then for the arena :p Soooo excited and this is my 3rd time, I'll be barging my way to the front as usual haha, got to get a good view ;) and plus most fans are courteous enough to let me through :D hope we're all in fine voice tomorrow night :p and we get our football-esque Morrissey chants on!!

MORRRISSSSSSEYYYYY MORRRISSSSSSSSSEYYYYYY MORRISSSSSSSSSSEYYYYY... MORR-ISS-EY!!

Here's the plan: I'm bringing a load of spare earplugs to give out to anyone who needs them, so we can have an "Armpits and Earholes" checkpoint in the foyer. As the peeps reach out to grasp their free earplugs from me (I'll hold the plugs one in each hand so they have to reach over with both arms), you do a quick sniff-and-squirt.....et voila! Pit-whiff and tinnitus forestalled in a single operation. Sorted. :thumb:

Good thinking Batman! Genius, in fact. They're not gonna know what's hit 'em lol! We could set up a little stall and call it 'The Pit Stop'.

And next on the agenda, world domination! :D

Hi, im travelling up tomorrow about 1ish, were is the best plave to park for the arena?? somebody mentioned the shopping centre but on there website it says over 6 hours is £10, but on ticketmaster website it says the odeon is only £2, but will that be for all day+night???
any help would be appreciative

Most important day of the year: Hull gig!!!!:guitar:

Is it all just going to be a mad riot then? Ok! :D

Tips for security guards: see the lady with the rather full inbox in the queue (yes, again :rolleyes:) ? She is a menace: sticks needles into people to get near Boz Boorer and throw cake at him. She's a living breach of safety regulations, that one! (Careful, she carries earplugs as well and she's completely loopy.)

Next to her, the quiet librarian? Don't be fooled. It's the quiet ones!!! It's always the QUIET ONES!!!!

Next we have somebody called "Crimes": Ha! It's she's not around to cause trouble with a name like that, then I'm a Borstal Boy.

And finally there's someone who's bringing deodorant to spray Julia's face and take advantage of the ensuing confusion to kidnap Morrissey.

And by the look of it there are a few other nutters in the queue.

Seriously though, hope nobody gets hurts.:o
Have a hullava fun! :thumb:

edit: I'm so excited by Hull, I thought it was today.:rolleyes: (meanwhile, the afore mentionned people are getting pissed somewhere...:tears:)

Last edited:
dont suppose anyone's planning to record the gig?

i would but after previous attempts purely just off my mp3player, it just sounds shit...so...just wondered...!

any1 help with parking???

Looks like you need to get your parking ticket at the Odeon validated with your cinema ticket so that's a dead end...That shopping centre seems like the cheapest option

cheers, how far is the shopping centre from the Arena? unless i hust buy a ticket for the cinema and dont actually watch the film, might still be cheaper

cheers, how far is the shopping centre from the Arena? unless i hust buy a ticket for the cinema and dont actually watch the film, might still be cheaper

Sadly the free parking allowance even with the cinema ticket is only 4 hours :( you could claim that they were showing Das Boot or something?!

From other posts on here, it seems like it's a few mins walk from t'arena. And Hull City Council website says there is parking at the arena itself, only 250 spaces though.

cheers, just rang the arena and they said there is no parking, so it looks like parking on the shopping centre will be best. its not the money or anything, just the getting away after the gig for my drive back to bburn, cheers anyway

is anyone getting there early tomorrow to que and fancy letting me in :) i cant get there till half 4 due to alevels

iknow its INCREDIBLY cheeky but worth a try :)

i'll bring you sandwiches, drinks etc :)

is anyone getting there early tomorrow to que and fancy letting me in :) i cant get there till half 4 due to alevels

iknow its INCREDIBLY cheeky but worth a try :)

i'll bring you sandwiches, drinks etc :)

i should be getting there about half 2 hopefully, what drinks?:D

well it depends on how many people are already there to be honest. i mean last year at doncaster there were about 20 of us qued up, and then about half an hour before doors opened i got chatting to a very nice couple, and they just came in with me, and people didnt mind, and we all got a handshake of moz, so i wouldnt worry to much
p.s a nice bottle of Orange Oasis

Back
Top Bottom