"I Am Not A Dog On A Chain" - pre-order, format details and exclusives summary; new bundles site

Following on from the Amazon thread, Crash indicate:

Morrissey – I Am Not A Dog On A Chain:
CD Album,
Standard Black Vinyl LP or
Indies Exclusive Coloured Vinyl LP

The vinyl colour that is exclusive to indies is to be confirmed (but rumour has it: clear red vinyl edit: now confirmed as clear red vinyl):

Release Date Friday 20th March

Morrissey
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain

CD Album £11.99
Standard Black Vinyl LP £19.99
Indies Exclusive Coloured Vinyl LP £19.99
(colour to be confirmed)

Tracklist:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind of People Live in These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw the River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

There is no second disc as Amazon first indicated.

The press release (cut and paste from the Warner's sales portal) doing the rounds with the album details is brief:

"First new studio album since 2017, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain was recorded at La Fabrique in France in 2018. The eleven track album, which was produced by Joe Chiccarelli, launches officially on the 10th of January 2020 and will be released on Friday 20th March 2020."

https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/prod...indies-exclusive-coloured-vinyl-lp-pre-order/

Piccadilly Records now list it too with the same information (and have added It's Over to buy on the 24th too):

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=132856

Same via Rough Trade (they, too, have added It's Over 7"):

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/morrissey/i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain

Amazon (UK), since last night, now have the CD & black vinyl versions added and listed separately.

Now for something via superdeluxe and it brings a couple of exclusives too.

Clear vinyl:
59495-706f149870dafe49c78af6a2c4bb7ee3.png

59501-c6ae340c1742fc1e2206614ff23d6f9e.png

And an exclusive cassette.
All found here - this is official and is a portal to buy pretty much everything except the indie red vinyl:

https://morrissey.tmstor.es/

As linked to here:
https://morrissey.lnk.to/chain

There is an extended bit of press release there and Joe is quoted:

‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ was produced by the Grammy Award-winning producer Joe Chicarelli (Beck, The Strokes, The Killers). It was recorded during sessions at Studio La Fabrique in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France and Sunset Sound in Hollywood, California.

"I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey,” said Chicarelli. “This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet. He has pushed the boundaries yet again - both musically and lyrically. And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but… Morrissey!”

So, to summarise:
Digital download,
CD,
Black vinyl,
Mporium w/l 'test pressing' (Limited to 100 copies?),
Indie only clear red vinyl,
Website only clear vinyl,
Website only cassette.

Apologies for the long post, lots of information happened at the same time.
Regards,
FWD.

For the press release in full, please see here via Shorefire.com:

https://shorefire.com/releases/entry/morrissey-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain-march-20th

(link courtesy of @JoeSellMozza).

Central's post:
Morrissey Central: "Album Pre Order Links" - January 11, 2020

Last edited:
When do the album reviews usually start to filter through? A month before the album’s release?

How the hell is this:

dog600-480x489.jpg

The same as this:

image001.png

Look at the font size on the deluxe cover. Look at the overall layout. It was designed to look that way. It's basically art. Morrissey should've won a f***ing award for that cover. Are there awards for album covers? If not, there should be and that cover should win!

Now, look at the BROWN album cover. Look at the size of that f***ing font! Look at the BROWN! Look at it! Someone has just set the pallet to BROWN and then planted Morrissey's head right on top of it. They've then set the font to 500 and typed out his name. Not art. The opposite of art. FART! :)

The purple & the green is quite something too.

I reckon they have no time, do whatever fast & then think about the deluxe.

The purple & the green is quite something too.

I reckon they have no time, do whatever fast & then think about the deluxe.

No time? They've had at least two years to prepare an album cover. Pretty sure the tracks on the BROWN album were recorded during the Low In High School sessions. Unless that's incorrect?

No time? They've had at least two years to prepare an album cover. Pretty sure the tracks on the BROWN album were recorded during the Low In High School sessions. Unless that's incorrect?
Different sessions, but basically 2 years.

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain:
La Fabrique in France in 2018 (with additional work at Sunset, CA, 2019).

Low In High School:
Recorded at Ennio Morricone's Forum Studios in Italy (mixed at La Fabrique Studios) 2017.

How much of the new album is over-spill / completely new from the Italy sessions remains unknown.
Regards,
FWD.

I meant the amount of time they give the person they're paying from concept to delivery.

I meant the amount of time they give the person they're paying from concept to delivery.

I don't think there is a person, Nerak. Not this time. It really is rough. The 'Y' is too close to the 'E' in 'Morrissey'. Look at the gap either side of his name. The gap is larger on the right. The album title is a little lost as well. It should be in the center. It isn't. Take a look. Who wears glasses in the band? :)

I don't think there is a person, Nerak. Not this time. It really is rough. The 'Y' is too close to the 'E' in 'Morrissey'. Look at the gap either side of his name. The gap is larger on the right. The album title is a little lost as well. It should be in the center. It isn't. Take a look. Who wears glasses in the band? :)

I've tried using various fonts in Word to see whether this issue still occurs, & in the main font natural alignment still makes the E look too close to the Y. I've not cross checked other album covers though.

Aww! I can't really argue against that one though.

So I'm assuming Bobby is not actually a single but more of an album pre release?

So I'm assuming Bobby is not actually a single but more of an album pre release?

I don't think anyone even knows how the charts work anymore. Apparently tik-tok is making it even weirder (don't know why, not my business). I'm told you just put stuff out, grab some data from somewhere & write a puff if you you want to.

Just like in the olden days everyone was described as selling more records than The Beatles or Elvis & yet mysteriously The Beatles & Elvis remained the touchstones of high record sales.

It is the first single as it will have an official 7” release. ‘Love Is On Its Way Out’ will be the first official GRAT (album teaser).

It is the first single as it will have an official 7” release. ‘Love Is On Its Way Out’ will be the first official GRAT (album teaser).
But Bobby has aleady teased the album. Love Is On It's Way Out is not out. The tease has been done.

How you heard ‘Love is on its way out’, or the album?

The post announcing the new album on Central in November said "Bobby" would be a single and the long awaited cover of "Rainbow Valley" would be its b-side.
But who knows at this point?

Morrissey doesn't care any more. He's not cared for a long time. In fact I think it's fair to say he's undergone some kind of mental breakdown.

I was a massive Smiths fan, my friends and I idolised Morrissey, we followed Morrissey around on his 1995 tour and saw some great gigs. There were a few other 'devotees' doing the same and I was surprised to discover that most of them were really nasty people. Like, real nasty. That was kind of the first crack in the facade.

'Vauxhall and I' was, in retrospect, his last great album. I hung on in there until 'Ring Leader of the Tormented' which had one decent song on it. At that point I lost interest. He had become a joke and it wasn't even the sub par music. His books were laughable, his politics stunk, his proclamations were full of paranoia and stupidity.

Since then the downward spiral has been unabated. Morrissey has become an absolute car wreck. I want to look away but I can't. In fact as fascinated and obsessed as I was when Morrissey was great and I am now equally fascinated and obsessed by how terrible he is today.

Sure people change but it's extraordinary that the Morrissey of then has become the Morrissey of now. He's become everything he used to be against. An aged, irrelevant rock star clinging on to some kind of diminishing status with a series of ever worsening releases. It's gone far beyond a tale of tragic depreciation. It's become a comedy. I mean Morrissey really has become utterly risible.

Today I was on Amazon and I saw THIS album cover, literally maybe the worst album cover of all time combined with terrible typography, on a recommended list and I drawn back here to read the discussion. There are some atrocious album covers out there that were poorly conceptualised or produced but this latest Morrissey release has had ZERO effort put into it. It speaks volumes. When you link this up with the cover for 'Swords', 'Low In High School' or 'California Son' you really are looking at someone who is utterly artistically exhausted and doesn't give a damn any more.

I then went to YouTube and listened to the new material and predictably it's tuneless nonsense. One sounded like a third rate Pet Shop Boys rip off band B side. The other was a rather desperate attempt at modernity which fails both through a lack of authenticity and a lack of any song writing talent whatsoever. It sounds like a field recording of a coffee machine put through Cubase on the Atari ST. It's cheap sounding. More shoddy product with no time or care put into it.

Of course every comment praised them to the hilt. Like I said, I wish I could move on but I can't. It's all too ludicrous.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom