Poll I am not a dog on a chain - rated

Out of ten

Results are only viewable after voting.
5/10 just like the 4 previous ones, You are the quarry was the last decent...

Love it. Also think he's on his way to getting the playful side to his muse back.

It's better than I thought it would be. Even though the music is over-produced, it's vastly different than what we've heard from him lately, and as a consequence, Moz has changed his vocal melodies in a way that I find refreshing. Overall, however, nothing really stands out as a song that will go down in his pantheon of hits, and there's nothing I will quite remember 10 years from now. Much like his previous efforts lately. Last good album was you are the quarry.

Jim Jim Fails
Love done left the building!
Bobby does Houston know we have a problem?
I am not a dog on a great lyrics chain
What kind of people listen to this song?
Knockabout Album
Darling, I’d hug that pillow tighter
Once I saw the melody clean
The Truth about Ruth is she is John
The secret of music is not in this song
My Boorer Days are Done

I'll give him credit for experimenting, as it's a strange record. But for me, not a successful one. I appreciate that some of that old Bona Drag playfulness is back in a few of the tracks, but the lyrics leave me completely cold and the melodies just aren't there. There isn't a single hook or phrase that grabs me. I don't think Morrissey has made a good record since 2004. And he had about 7 years to write that one.

After 2 listening, i think it's the worst album of morrissey's carrier. Too much compression, Bad production as usual with Joe, no Real Melody, awful cover. I Iike High school and World peace but not this one. Perhaps, i Can save 'i'm not a dog' and 'what kind of people'. Painful

After 2 listening, i think it's the worst album of morrissey's carrier. Too much compression, Bad production as usual with Joe, no Real Melody, awful cover. I Iike High school and World peace but not this one. Perhaps, i Can save 'i'm not a dog' and 'what kind of people'. Painful

You have to listen more times.The best songs are from Jess.Only 2 songs are not good for me,but i have to listen more times.
High School is the worst for me.

I think the Secret of Music is Moz's mozified version of Tubular Bells...you know the bit where Mike Oldfield (who can probably actually play every instrument known to man) is going though all the instruments he's actually playing?

I really liked it first listen, second listen less so. I will say 6 for now. I think better than LIHS, not as good as WP.

You have to listen more times.The best songs are from Jess.Only 2 songs are not good for me,but i have to listen more times.
High School is the worst for me.
He is Morrissey so l will listen it again but it's not the kind of music i like. Even Coldplay is better.
For me it's far From High school. He must change of producer, put Real instruments in his music. High school is not his best but songs like my love, i wish, Jakie, In your lap, girl From, are really better than anything on dog.

He is Morrissey so l will listen it again but it's not the kind of music i like. Even Coldplay is better.
For me it's far From High school. He must change of producer, put Real instruments in his music. High school is not his best but songs like my love, i wish, Jakie, In your lap, girl From, are really better than anything on dog.

I probably would like a different production style. But it does repay repeat listens.

I've probably already listened to this more times than LIHS and WP, I had a hard time ever getting into WP at all though. Time will tell but I think it's shaping up as being his best since Quarry for me.

Once I Saw The River Clean is tremendous. (And surprisingly that's a Jesse track?!)

we live in a world where when something comes out its fantastic then two weeks later its crap,films are the exact same.

Back
Top Bottom