I Feel So Nervous About This Election

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
It's doing terrible things to me. I can't even think about it too much or I get whipped into a frenzy that feels medically bad for me.

I can't believe half of America plans to vote for McCain. I can't believe half of Americans are Republicans.

I hate Republicans! How can they not know they're evil?

I wish someone would make me some tea and offer me a sedative.

:[

Who wants to cuddle?

I know the feeling. This one is so damn important. Can't believe that so many people are happy with what's been going on the last 8 yrs. How can they be???

I know the feeling. This one is so damn important. Can't believe that so many people are happy with what's been going on the last 8 yrs. How can they be???

Oh, thank you. I'm so glad a reasonable person responded first. *narrows eyes* There are Republicans lurking about, you know.

Doesn't it make you look at everyone differently? I leave my house and look around and think, "Half of these people are horrible. HORRIBLE."

My mother's talking about leaving the country if McCain's elected. If you knew my mother this would shock you.

I'm sorry Scarlet Ibis. I know how you feel though, I can't believe that they voted Bush in for a second term and now they want 4 more years of it with McCain. :doh:

Half of the people in this country are completely ludicrous. It's sad that some people think he will be a good leader and a great change for america.

Hell my state worries me. The paper reported a 7.1% unemployment the highest in yrs and they still want Mccain.

I'm sorry Scarlet Ibis. I know how you feel though, I can't believe that they voted Bush in for a second term and now they want 4 more years of it with McCain. :doh:

Half of the people in this country are completely ludicrous. It's sad that some people think he will be a good leader and a great change for america.

*nods*

I really can't get over it.

And I keep hearing that it doesn't matter who gets in; they're all the same. That's so not true. Obama and McCain are worlds apart. I don't know why people keep parroting that nonsense. Even Morrissey has said similar things. I wanted to shake him.

I hesitated to start this thread, but now I'm glad I did. I know that discussing politics is a bad idea. It's a great way to gain enemies. I just really feel kind of crazed over it and I want a bit of emotional support. Thank you for providing that. I feel better already. :)

By the way, I live in a very Republican area, so, regarding politics, I'm terribly stifled in my daily life. I enjoy talking to like-minded people sometimes.

Hell my state worries me. The paper reported a 7.1% unemployment the highest in yrs and they still want Mccain.

Most people are morons.

Don't you think?

Yeah and too many 1 issue voters. McCain is pro-life and that's the only thing that matters to me. I hate those people.

It's doing terrible things to me. I can't even think about it too much or I get whipped into a frenzy that feels medically bad for me.

I can't believe half of America plans to vote for McCain. I can't believe half of Americans are Republicans.

Who wants to cuddle?

So explain to me how I am evil?

So explain to me how I am evil?

It's far too emotional of an issue for me to debate it with anyone right now. If ever.

Also, even if I were to draw diagrams and speak my beliefs for the next three hours, chances are you'd still think and believe as you already do. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Perhaps you're not evil. Perhaps you're just misguided.

It's far too emotional of an issue for me to debate it with anyone right now. If ever.

Also, even if I were to draw diagrams and speak my beliefs for the next three hours, chances are you'd still think and believe as you already do. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Perhaps you're not evil. Perhaps you're just misguided.

Perhaps?

You said that anyone that would vote Republican is evil. I merely asked you to explain how you come to the conclusion that I am evil. If it is too emotional for you then perhaps you should not make such accusations. Evil is a pretty strong word. Now I am going to call you out on it.

I do not think either side is evil, i think it is just a clash of ideas and opinions, and its ever hardly the case that a majority of either party agrees with the extremes of either party.
i know plenty of republicans i do not consider evil, and even though i highly,i mean highly disagree with Bush and his policies ,i do not think he is evil, rather he just sees things from a totally different angle than i do, and is highly misguided in his ideas and actions.
evil people are killers and rapists.
not republicans or democrats.

Who wants to cuddle?

Altough I'm not American, and I'm with neither sides to be honest, I find your simplifying way of viewing the situation highly dangerous. Surely you can do better than that. It reminds me of Capitalists - evil, Communists - good.

Oh wow, we're up to half.

I'm voting McCain, not going to lie. Don't like Obama. But I'm not a Republican, I'm an Independent. I honestly don't believe McCain is as terrible as the masses believe. Obama makes me so terribly nervous.

oh no, we may have a big problem.

Oh wow, we're up to half.

I'm voting McCain, not going to lie. Don't like Obama. But I'm not a Republican, I'm an Independent. I honestly don't believe McCain is as terrible as the masses believe. Obama makes me so terribly nervous.

I have to ask why. cuz I mean, McCain gets confused about the simplest things. his VP choice is ridiculous. and HE doesn't make you nervous? :confused:

Perhaps?

You said that anyone that would vote Republican is evil. I merely asked you to explain how you come to the conclusion that I am evil. If it is too emotional for you then perhaps you should not make such accusations. Evil is a pretty strong word. Now I am going to call you out on it.

Is there some sort of rule that says that when "called out" that one must respond or face ugly consequences?

It is evil. Using up the earth's resources to please the wealthy corporations is evil. Mixing religion into government policy is evil. Oppressing minorities (especially women and gay people at the moment) is evil. Disenfranchising liberal voters in an effort to cheat at the polls is evil. Reducing taxes during the war that creates (continues) a huge deficit that the middle class has to pay for is evil. Making deals/selling arms to terrorists is evil. Having non-scientists rewriting and hiding scientific studies on global warming for the benefit of corporations is evil. Torturing people is evil. Deregulating corporations, which harms the financial and physical health of citizens, is evil. Working with oil companies to squelch research into alternative energies (that might benefit our planet) increasing our reliance on hostile countries is evil. Ruining Valerie Plame's career and ruining her sources of intelligence for political purposes is evil? Purposely manufacturing phony intelligence and hiding real intelligence to trick the American people into going to war is evil. Intentionally spreading phony stories about the personal lives of their opponents is evil. Unilaterally nixing the Kyoto Treaty and not proposing an alternative in eight years is evil.

See, I knew I'd be tired after thinking of all of that.

And you're still a Republican.

I just wanted to cuddle with some liberals.

Have I done something wrong?

McCain?!?! come on now.:rolleyes:

you were just stating how you cant afford food yet you are going to vote for 4 more years of the kind of economics that will keep you eating whatever you can hardly afford.

but its okay, you can vote for whomever you like.:D

I do not think either side is evil, i think it is just a clash of ideas and opinions, and its ever hardly the case that a majority of either party agrees with the extremes of either party.
i know plenty of republicans i do not consider evil, and even though i highly,i mean highly disagree with Bush and his policies ,i do not think he is evil, rather he just sees things from a totally different angle than i do, and is highly misguided in his ideas and actions.
evil people are killers and rapists.
not republicans or democrats.

Bush has needlessly killed thousands of innocent people. He is EVIL.

Tags
foregone conclusions mouth breathers self-fulfilling prophecy
Back
Top Bottom