I Feel So Nervous About This Election

If you would be so kind as to give me a few pointers nearer the time this time around, what States he needs to win and early indications to look for. I stayed up until about 5am last time and was pretty sure that Kerry had won. The disappointment was indescribable.

I am so glad that the Palin bounce has fallen flat. I was really worried that someone so utterly shallow could swing it for them. But i am so convinced that the economy will dictate everything and i think Obama has really benefited from the fact that he has looked Presidential and talked about the economy whilst McCain/Pailin have been trying to find their own arses with both hands. And failing...lol!

well theres a group of swing states right now. I think for the most part theyre considered right now to be Virginia, PA, Ohio, Colorado, New Hampshire, Missouri, Florida....some are even including Indiana and North Carolina. from what I gather, if I'm hearing correctly...Obama really only needs to secure 2 of those states? and he's basically got it. McCain would need to win ALL of them PLUS turn a blue state to red. I believe. most of those states are on the east coast, so thats why we might know early. oh and Obama is up by double digits in most of those states right now. i think NC, CO, and IN are the closest.

you can get a good idea of whats going on with the map every day at

www.electoral-vote.com blue= good. red= bad :D

the only thing that is worrisome, is...like i said before...people taking his lead for granted and stay home. OR, the polls are skewed somehow

well theres a group of swing states right now. I think for the most part theyre considered right now to be Virginia, PA, Ohio, Colorado, New Hampshire, Missouri, Florida....some are even including Indiana and North Carolina. from what I gather, if I'm hearing correctly...Obama really only needs to secure 2 of those states? and he's basically got it. McCain would need to win ALL of them PLUS turn a blue state to red. I believe. most of those states are on the east coast, so thats why we might know early. oh and Obama is up by double digits in most of those states right now. i think NC, CO, and IN are the closest.

you can get a good idea of whats going on with the map every day at

www.electoral-vote.com blue= good. red= bad :D

the only thing that is worrisome, is...like i said before...people taking his lead for granted and stay home. OR, the polls are skewed somehow

Thank you very much..:)

It's true what you say about people assuming he will win, but i saw on the news the other night that the operation to get people to the polls is in full flow. And it appears, at least from the outside that there is so much anger about the Economy and that ain't gonna sort itself out any time soon. While there are still possibilities of defeat for Obama, his increase in the polls in the last month or so have been heartening and if the polls are correct then he should win handsomely. But there are so many other factors to say that he'll win that so many of them can't be wrong.

And i can't imagine that the republicans will be able to get their campaign into some kind of effective strategy because everything they have tried has failed so far and i think that people are so angry at the personal attacks when so many people's lives are affected by the Credit Crunch.

But as you say, we'll find out on the night....:cool:

Thank you very much..:)

It's true what you say about people assuming he will win, but i saw on the news the other night that the operation to get people to the polls is in full flow. And it appears, at least from the outside that there is so much anger about the Economy and that ain't gonna sort itself out any time soon. While there are still possibilities of defeat for Obama, his increase in the polls in the last month or so have been heartening and if the polls are correct then he should win handsomely. But there are so many other factors to say that he'll win that so many of them can't be wrong.

And i can't imagine that the republicans will be able to get their campaign into some kind of effective strategy because everything they have tried has failed so far and i think that people are so angry at the personal attacks when so many people's lives are affected by the Credit Crunch.

But as you say, we'll find out on the night....:cool:

some dude on "Race for the White House" just now said that if he wins NC, its over. if he wins PA, its "probably" over. if he wins VA, its over. he said if he wins NC and VA, it'll be a landslide victory, 350 electoral votes. :guitar:

oh man, i cant wait. cant wait cant wait cant wait!

oh man, Countdown with Keith Olbermann is on now. he's gonna talk about the "B" girl story. i cannot WAIT to hear what he has to say about this. teehee.

oh yeah. anyone hear about John McCain's brother calling 911 to complain about traffic?

like brother like...brother.

It's doing terrible things to me. I can't even think about it too much or I get whipped into a frenzy that feels medically bad for me.

I can't believe half of America plans to vote for McCain. I can't believe half of Americans are Republicans.

I hate Republicans! How can they not know they're evil?

I wish someone would make me some tea and offer me a sedative.

:[

Who wants to cuddle?
sorry, i dont know you well enough to cuddle :o
but recent polls show that half will not vote for McCain, so dont get nervous
we will defeat the forces of evil at the polls
and we will leave in Iraq in 2 years time :pray:
and without some bastard like Bush or McCain in the white house
we will not invade another country i predict :guitar:

Don't get too cocky. We've never fixed the voting system since the 2000 debacle. A couple million have been declared ineligible to vote, already. Interestingly, this tends to be most common among typical democrat demographics.

Greg Palast on Al-Jazeera

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FqlwhxZoulM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FqlwhxZoulM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

http://www.gregpalast.com/

friggin a nogodsnomasters85, that vidie really got me down :(
especially the part about republican scum stealing GIs votes :mad:

It's called 'voter caging" and it's not just GI's, it could be you, they've been sending them out in envelopes that look like junk mail. (Also, yeah, it pisses me off, too, BTW.) Or, you could get knocked off for having the same name as a convicted felon. Palast and Kennedy have a website full of tips to make sure you're vote counts. I highly recommend it.

I love watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann. He's great love the rant about Palin yet again not knowing what the VP does. She's not smarter than a 3rd grader.

oh man, Countdown with Keith Olbermann is on now. he's gonna talk about the "B" girl story. i cannot WAIT to hear what he has to say about this. teehee.

Is that what they're calling her? There can be only one bee girl. :)

beegirl.png

Is that what they're calling her? There can be only one bee girl. :)

beegirl.png

I wish they had the "Chris Farley as The B-Girl" on You Tube.

heehee, I forgot about that. Gosh, he's missed. :(

Yeah, I got that on tape somewhere, But I missed his part, I just got them on SNL. and that was just before the singer died.

some dude on "Race for the White House" just now said that if he wins NC, its over. if he wins PA, its "probably" over. if he wins VA, its over. he said if he wins NC and VA, it'll be a landslide victory, 350 electoral votes. :guitar:

oh man, i cant wait. cant wait cant wait cant wait!

I have been a keen observer of American elections since 1992 with Clinton and obviously the first 8 years were much better that the last 8...:)

it is exciting stuff, but only if your guy wins....:p

Tags
foregone conclusions mouth breathers self-fulfilling prophecy
Back
Top Bottom