I Feel So Nervous About This Election

It's doing terrible things to me. I can't even think about it too much or I get whipped into a frenzy that feels medically bad for me.

I can't believe half of America plans to vote for McCain. I can't believe half of Americans are Republicans.

I hate Republicans! How can they not know they're evil?

I wish someone would make me some tea and offer me a sedative.

:[

Who wants to cuddle?

It is so hard to believe people are so blind. I can't understand why they want to continue what Bush has been doing. So sad and so scary.

*sigh*

I'm abandoning this thread. This isn't how I wanted it to go at all. I'm really just feeling very distressed about this election and wanted some other liberal voices in my head to soothe me.

Starting this thread while emotional was silly of me. I feel regret.

G'nite.

Awww Scarlet, you are not alone. Many, many, many, many people share your outrage, and your sleepless nights.

Part of what I do is talk to people all day long - I hang out with my fellow Americans and tourists from every corner of the globe. Believe you me, if it is any comfort, we are all feeling the same pain, and I can't get over how many people, from how many countries, are on the same page.

Don't let anyone tell you that you are over-reacting; If endless war, financial devastation and environmental meltdown aren't reasons to be upset, I'd like to know what is.

This is a tipping point in history - a real doozy. I fear the worst, and I am not often mistaken. However, life will go on, and we will (probably) continue on as we always have, and we will ride out terrible times as all our ancestors did before us.

Still, the blinding stupidity is driving me nuts. Collectively, humans are currently no smarter than turkeys in the rain. The only difference is we are pissing on ourselves.

It is so hard to believe people are so blind. I can't understand why they want to continue what Bush has been doing. So sad and so scary.
*nods*

:( don't worry scarlet:(

457983__a_cup_of_hot_tea.jpg

&

smilies.gif
Thank you.
*sips*
*hugback*
This is what I was after... though I now see that I went about it all wrong. I'd spent the evening at my in-laws' house discussing politics and I was feeling so down.
Awww Scarlet, you are not alone. Many, many, many, many people share your outrage, and your sleepless nights.

Part of what I do is talk to people all day long - I hang out with my fellow Americans and tourists from every corner of the globe. Believe you me, if it is any comfort, we are all feeling the same pain, and I can't get over how many people, from how many countries, are on the same page.

Don't let anyone tell you that you are over-reacting; If endless war, financial devastation and environmental meltdown aren't reasons to be upset, I'd like to know what is.

This is a tipping point in history - a real doozy. I fear the worst, and I am not often mistaken. However, life will go on, and we will (probably) continue on as we always have, and we will ride out terrible times as all our ancestors did before us.

Still, the blinding stupidity is driving me nuts. Collectively, humans are currently no smarter than turkeys in the rain. The only difference is we are pissing on ourselves.

*nods*
Yes.
And so many people tell me that it doesn't matter, but it DOES matter. I didn't care quite as much before I became a mom. I mean, I cared a lot, but now I imagine the future of this planet for my daughter and I feel so scared and angry. I don't understand the conservatives' vision for this world. I don't understand how they can see it as a good thing. It's terrifying.

Having said that, I do think I need to manage my reaction to all of this better. There's no sense in becoming a nervous wreck over something that I have little control over.

*nods*

Having said that, I do think I need to manage my reaction to all of this better. There's no sense in becoming a nervous wreck over something that I have little control over.

It's such a difficult thing to manage. On the one hand, outrage motivates us to make things better for ourselves and our loved ones. On the other hand, it will slowly rot a person from the inside out.

I often think of terrible times in the past, and how people got through them. The capacity for humor, love, pleasure, intellectual growth and emotional compartmentalizing is never so vital.

And considering that you live in mommy's house on the other side of the Atlantic, you would know exactly what of the American South?

Do yourself a favor and simply reply "You are right, I do not know anything of the American South."

Have you seen any graphs showing how each state has voted in previous elections, and in terms of opinion polls for this election? Because they're fairly clear.

Cartogram_2008_red_blue.png

I vote Keep the Green Monster

that is the big issue,there is no room anywhere around fenway, the amount of real estate they would have to purchase,stores and apartments alone would be astronomical, so they would have to play elsewhere,and there really is not anywhere else.

I am sure you will miss the old stadium but from what i have seen the new one looks beautiful.
I look at it and think Bucky Dent.
So is Manny really that good or is the NL just crap?

Re: I vote Keep the Green Monster

Manny is a great hitter, he is just a pain in the ass.I am not going to complain too much as the sox did win two world series while he was here,but he is a pain in the ass,but the NL is also crap, so its a combination.

I hear the new place the Devils play in is pretty sweet,have you been?

*nods*

Thank you.
*sips*
*hugback*
This is what I was after... though I now see that I went about it all wrong. I'd spent the evening at my in-laws' house discussing politics and I was feeling so down.

*nods*
Yes.
And so many people tell me that it doesn't matter, but it DOES matter. I didn't care quite as much before I became a mom. I mean, I cared a lot, but now I imagine the future of this planet for my daughter and I feel so scared and angry. I don't understand the conservatives' vision for this world. I don't understand how they can see it as a good thing. It's terrifying.

I feel the same way.... I worry what future are we leaving for our children..... It scares me to think wat the next four years will look like because of some really bad decision making.... I think being nervous over what may happen is a good thing... It forces you into action... It starts needed conversation...

Least you guys don't have to choose between Gordon Brown and David Cameron.:(Neither inspire anything other than tedium.

elections effect people, maybe not you but they do effect people.

im not saying that they dont affect me , but i dont throw a hissy fit over them and start calling people evil just because they vote one way or another . there are plenty of other more legitimate reasons for doing that .

im not saying that they dont affect me , but i dont throw a hissy fit over them and start calling people evil just because they vote one way or another . there are plenty of other more legitimate reasons for doing that .

this is true.

i do not think anyone is evil,i think it is all a matter of opinion, as i stated earlier.

Manny is a great hitter, he is just a pain in the ass.I am not going to complain too much as the sox did win two world series while he was here,but he is a pain in the ass,but the NL is also crap, so its a combination.

I hear the new place the Devils play in is pretty sweet,have you been?

The Rock is very sweet and It's much easier to get too than the Meadowlands.
sigh...I'm glad to have the Dev's after the season my beloved Yankees have had.

The Rock is very sweet and It's much easier to get too than the Meadowlands.
sigh...I'm glad to have the Dev's after the season my beloved Yankees have had.

i feel no compassion for your yankees, but my old room mate was a diehard devils fan, he would drive down from boston to games,i like hockey,but i have no team i follow,i will just watch games.
i feel bad for bruins fans,they are doomed with their owner to never win anything.

Manny is a big dumb fool who is a cancer. With that said, Manny can smack the shit out of a baseball. If the Dodgers go all the way and hold the lead over Arizona it will be because of Manny.

Indiana is always red. Ohio must go blue.

On Nightline tonight they released a new poll that gives Obama the lead. I'm just hoping for the best and doing whatever I can to make it happen in my area.

After 2000, and 2004 I have no faith left. I will vote, i will encourage others to do so, but I'm already steeling myself for the disturbingly likely McCain win. Like Bill Maher said, only in this country could the public be so pissed off at this administration and it's policies, and then trip over themselves lining up for another spoonful of shit.

Tags
foregone conclusions mouth breathers self-fulfilling prophecy
Back
Top Bottom