I like Johnny Marr

None of them are funny at all....

Marr - crap singer, legend and underated guitarist

None of them are funny at all....

Marr - crap singer, legend and underated guitarist

Is Marr underrated? He seems to be valued as a guitarist around the world.
maybe he is over ratted as I say he has hardly set the world on fire since the Smiths.
In my mind he is at least one of the better ones

He isn't....he is underatted as hell. Nobody really wants him to join their band.
Johnny Marr knows he's ace and is afraid of writing a shit song, so he just joins shit bands and does really crap amatuer things. I think that's partly why he left The Smiths, I bet he was also afraid of writing a shit album.
He was good in The Cribs and his recent works on that movie soundtrack and on the recent TV soundtrack seemed good

He isn't....he is underatted as hell. Nobody really wants him to join their band.
Johnny Marr knows he's ace and is afraid of writing a shit song, so he just joins shit bands and does really crap amatuer things. I think that's partly why he left The Smiths, I bet he was also afraid of writing a shit album.
He was good in The Cribs and his recent works on that movie soundtrack and on the recent TV soundtrack seemed good

Yes, but doing TV ads and sound track a decade after The Smurfs is not really setting the world on fire.
I am not sure he is scare as such, I think he just gets restless and is aware that his best work is, maybe, behind him. I don't know I can't cailm to know that much about him

One word to that statement - Bollocks

Some songs you should check the bass lines on Morrissey - The Girl Least Likely To and Bona Drag

Two or three half-decent basslines does not a fantastic guitarist make. Rourke was a chancer who got lucky, as his post-Smiths "career" keenly demonstrates.

Two or three half-decent basslines does not a fantastic guitarist make. Rourke was a chancer who got lucky, as his post-Smiths "career" keenly demonstrates.

Rourke doesn't need to be a Bassist for any band, he's made his money and become a DJ anyway...He's just as famous as Mani, he's a well known Bassist Andy Rourke and EVERYONE has to be lucky! Morrissey was LUCKY to have found Marr or he would have been shit, shown by his crappy post 2000 solo efforts...

Rourke doesn't need to be a Bassist for any band, he's made his money and become a DJ anyway...He's just as famous as Mani, he's a well known Bassist Andy Rourke and EVERYONE has to be lucky! Morrissey was LUCKY to have found Marr or he would have been shit, shown by his crappy post 2000 solo efforts...

What crappy 2000 solo efforts?

Every album and almost every song he has made from 2000 onwards, his lyrics suck...come on compare any Smiths song to I'm OK By Myself or I Have Forgiven Jesus

Yes, of cause I am and his pathetic band

I must confess his band is lack luster and they murder Smiths songs.
But Years of refusal and Ringleader are good LPs.
Quarry did the job is was meant to, it was Morrissey going as mainstream as he could to give two fingers to an industry that, as he saw it, tired to banish him.
Quarry also has some good songs on there, Camden,Let me KY, All the lazy Dykes, The world is full, and First of the gang is a good pop song. As for a come back single one can't hope for a better statement of intent than IHEB.

PS who is that in amys pic?

All Ringleaders gave is "Life Is A Pigsty"...that is the only I like, the rest I have binned.
Refusal has none...
Swords has none...
I agree Quarry has a few good songs, but "First Of The Gang To Die" is NOT one of them.

But as albums, they suck

Yes, of cause I am and his pathetic band

PS it should be noted that the main song writers post 2000 are, for the most part, the song writers who wrote the music pre 2000.
So, you may as well argue that Your Arse,Vauxhall (tavern) and I, South Grammar and Maladjusted were also bad.
Of course they are all lps of worth (to me at least). I think LA and americans treating him like a god were to blame for the Morrissey dip. It's not that he became less talented just more lazy and less interesting.

PS it should be noted that the main song writers post 2000 are, for the most part, the song writers who wrote the music pre 2000.
So, you may as well argue that Your Arse,Vauxhall (tavern) and I, South Grammar and Maladjusted were also bad.
Of course they are all lps of worth (to me at least). I think LA and americans treating him like a god were to blame for the Morrissey dip. It's not that he became less talented just more lazy and less interesting.

Yes...as albums they are crap also and they have been recorded absolutely shit in the studio.
Your Arsenal could have been a good album, but it sounds horrible AHHH!
South Grammar has no song that I like
Maladjusted has about 2
A few tracks are alright on Vauxhall and I

Last edited by a moderator:
Refusal has none...

Oh, come on. Carol and Birthday. I agree that Refusal isn't a particularly glowing album but those two are great, great songs.

All Ringleaders gave is "Life Is A Pigsty"...that is the only I like, the rest I have binned.
Refusal has none...
Swords has none...
I agree Quarry has a few good songs, but "First Of The Gang To Die" is NOT one of them.

But as albums, they suck

Life is a pigsty is one of his all time classics but there is also Father who must be killed, To me you are a work of art and Born are all good songs.
In my mind this LP is another maladjusted.
Swords is a collection of bsides, yes the quality has slipped since The Smiths and his early solo years but there are some gems on there.
I knew I was Next, Good Looking Man about Town (most amusing words for years " yes, you have your degree and you have flown to mars but you will always feel wretched because your never be naked with a good looking man about towm" ), munich, Don't make fun, children in pieces and teenage town are better than some of his old lp tracks (to me)

Last edited:
Oh, come on. Carol and Birthday. I agree that Refusal isn't a particularly glowing album but those two are great, great songs.

What? They are the worst! Especially music wise!

Back
Top Bottom