"I Won't Share You" Rough Trade promo video made to help the Terrance Higgins Trust (1987)

Credit for this is given to hipsterdisco.

A veteran opera singer gives her final performance, intercut by 8mm home movies of an early love affair. Directed by Derek Jarman & starring Tilda Swinton.

This promotional Video was put together in the early 1990s for a multimedia exhibition organised by Rough Trade which would have raised money for the Terrance Higgins Trust.

The planning ended when Rough Trade went into liquidation & The video was therefore only half finished. It would have had band footage over-layed {like the "Ask" and "Panic" videos}

Last edited by a moderator:
This "video" is actually just an edited version of Derek Jarman's 6 minute contribution to the film Aria (1987), where he and 9 other leading directors had offered visual interpretations of famous operatic pieces. The accompanying music had originally been "Depuis le Jour" from Louise by Gustave Charpentier.

never seen it.

why do this unique [promo] clips not on a DVD, instead of
his worst and also on the latest ' very best of Morrissey'
november spawned a monster, due to the videoclip
I've had a time I even did not play or skip the song,

Anyway ' november is an OK song

but I wonder what more has Derek Jarman [RIP]
made for the Smiths, and keeps hidden in Jarman's
work woned by family or an organisation/etc.

or maybe hidden or in hands of Rough Trade or Smiths members

but that is the same for songs

over to Buk-in hamm Palace and Westminister Catherdral

The f*** are you talking about celibate. You talk such crap at times. Travel back to 1965 when somebody gave a shit about you and then start wondering why nobody cared on April 3rd this year. You're pathetic.

Your opinion of November Spawns a Monster makes you a disgrace on this site.

See you later gimp boy.

Re: Article: "I Won't Share You" Rough Trade promo video made to help the Terrance Hi

This "video" is actually just an edited version of Derek Jarman's 6 minute contribution to the film Aria (1987), where he and 9 other leading directors had offered visual interpretations of famous operatic pieces. The accompanying music had originally been "Depuis le Jour" from Louise by Gustave Charpentier.

At any rate, it's beautiful and I love Tilda Swinton.

There's something ironic about Tilda Swinton and "I Won't Share You" seeing as she has that strange menage a trois situation going on in her own life.

Re: Article: "I Won't Share You" Rough Trade promo video made to help the Terrance Hi

The f*** are you talking about celibate..

that there might be more unique promo clips stored wherever or by whoever, as
Jarman died around the Smiths split

but for once give some quality observation of one newsiten instead of
insulting lots of people

btw I'm not gay, so get of my back, and jump on someone elses, stalker

[I mention gay becuase you started the whole mess about it and Morrissey and the
most boring thread/question, ' is he gay' , so that's enough for now, pick up
yer rosary and start praying I'm not gonna send 5 afro americans who f*** you in yer a*** that you can't sit or shit for for a week, and lay down so this site is a week
without yer childish -IQ65 comments]

I've seen fewer of those annoying "ownership" notices (per minute) in bootlegged, Oscar®-candidate movies. I love when people plaster their monikers over content for which they obviously have no publishing rights.

Oh..and good thing someone declared it was Tilda Swinton in the description above, because the shite video quality would not have revealed this on its own.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom