IANADOAC international charts - Spain #7, Portugal #12, Germany #13, Austria #32, Italy #89, France #117

The album entered the Portuguese chart at number 12, according to this:

https://blitz.pt/principal/update/2...o-e-J-Balvin-com-novos-albuns-no-Top-Nacional

(My Portuguese is non-existent, so apologies if this is some kind of bullshit "not real sales" kind of chart.)

Posted by Morrissey Isn’t Very Good:

Remember Morrissey said he was number 1 in Poland, even though he was showing the daily chart of a record shop in Poland and not the official Polish Album Chart? Well, shock of shocks, he didn’t make the top 50. http://olis.onyx.pl/listy/index.asp?lang=

He’s in the official French Album Chart! New entry at 117. https://snepmusique.com/les-tops/le-top-de-la-semaine/top-albums/

Number 13 in Germany. That’s a lot better. https://www.offiziellecharts.de/charts/album

Number 7 in Spain. He’s getting there! https://www.elportaldemusica.es/lists

Number 89 in his beloved Italy. https://www.fimi.it/top-of-the-music/classifiche.kl#/charts/1/2020/13

Number 32 in Austria. http://www.austriatop40.at/longplay.php

UPDATE 3:40 PM PT:

For those that can resolve morrisseycentral.com some different results. Links posted by Thewlis:

FRANCE ALBUM CHART - Morrissey #3

SPAIN ALBUM CHART - Morrissey #10

Last edited by a moderator:
August 31st 2004 was Fringe Fest.

Looked it up. It was a music festival, not part of the fringe but it did call itself T at the fringe. It probably went on after the fringe ended so it could book the venues & get the tourists before they went home.

Does anyone know the real reason for the Central Morrissey shutdown? .What is said,what is behind all this? Could you expand?
FWD DO YOU KNOW? THANKS!!

The new album is so good that all the demented trolls can do is gloat about chart positions and sales figures.

I'll happily take a great Morrissey album that sells poorly, than a sub par one that goes platinum.

Does anyone know the real reason for the Central Morrissey shutdown? .What is said,what is behind all this? Could you expand?
FWD DO YOU KNOW? THANKS!!

He may have read the comments of a wise person round here who pointed out that the website has been a major contributory factor to his downfall, and the loss of 60% of his UK fanbase within just two years. It's where he urged the world to vote for a far-right political party, and it's also where he told everyone that he preferred people of his own race. Morrissey wisely advised us all to 'stop watching the news' - I offer him some equally sound counsel - 'keep away from the worldwide web'.

Imagine frequenting a Moz fansite with a username of Morrissey Isn't Very Good. Can humans devolve into pond sludge? He's well on his way.
Imagine spending your last few years defending a racist.

I do as well but even watching this you can see the decline in music,once Stock Aitken and W.aterman came along,well you know the rest.
tomorrow nights show has ,living in a box,gladys knight,bangles,d mob,u2,clannad and bono.bono was busy in those days.
True. But even amongst the dross there is the odd gem. The Cure doing Lullaby a few episodes ago was always a special few minutes for me. I remember it so vividly on TOTP back in '89. Just a couple of months before seeing them at The Prayer Tour in Dublin (2nd night). Brilliant. And of course Moz doing Playboys a few episodes earlier. My guilty pleasure: Fuzzbox with Pink Sunshine. The lead singer Vix Perks. Even the name is just.... ooooh.

BP1980729.jpg

Ha!!! Morrissey is actually lying about his chart placing in France. I mean, it’s very easy to check. Oh, Fat Steve, you’re hilarious!

Is anyone else finding it weird how these are varying so much? I'm still amazed by the Billboard 200 chart in particular - would be fascinating to get some actual sales data for the US.

All I can say, based on my own experience, is that the distribution of the CD / album hasn't gone smoothly. I wanted to just buy the CD on the day of its release in the Mediamarket where I know the guy from the music division, instead of ordering another bundle through Mporium. Unfortunately, the lockdown , already started by March 20. So I thought I'd order it through Fnac, a French store with stores in Belgium. They preordered it and won't have it before April 30. Checked Amazon.fr, same story and then weren't even sure they would get the CD at all. Also checked Bol.com ( à Durch site) and they only had the vinyl. Utterly frustrating.

I thought Morrissey fans were still more likely to buy vinyls or CDs than the average music fan, so if they are missing from the shelves so to speak, how can he then chart in these countries?

The marketing effort that has gone into this record has been nihil, but that's already been said in other th ready.

Worse. The Edinburgh Festival has shunned him his entire career. Which means he didn't actually have a career.

But Morrissey does't do a lot of festivals in general. Which makes me wonder whether that is due to a lack of offers (= organizers not inviting him) or a lack of interest on his behalf because he doesn't feel at ease in such places?

But Morrissey does't do a lot of festivals in general. Which makes me wonder whether that is due to a lack of offers (= organizers not inviting him) or a lack of interest on his behalf because he doesn't feel at ease in such places?

He doesn't like festivals.

I don't think he likes playing to other artist's audiences. The Bowie Outsiders/Moz Southpaw concert in Dublin was great but you could feel something was off. When ge opened for U2 at Glastonbury in 2011 he made the comment: "I'll try to sing as fast as I can as I know you're here to see U2,"
In fairness he shouldn't be opening for bands like U2. He's in a different league artistically in my opinion. Moz is only happy when his name is the biggest. I'm not dissing him for that.

He doesn't like festivals.

When did he tell you this. He has played a festival in most years including 6 in 2008, he has played Glastonbury twice, and this year is playing the Cruel World festival.

Last edited:
On the up ???????
So in your eyes failure to sell out a two date tour of the U.K. and an album that made just over £60,000 in its first week is a sign of success?????
Jesus you are so out of touch but I suppose on the other you’re hand making plenty of us on here laugh in these difficult times.

?? :knife:
Who accidentally kicked over your rock?

Not very important to me but
new at #80 at the Dutch charts

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-04-03 om 01.12.34.png
    Schermafbeelding 2020-04-03 om 01.12.34.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 72
On the up ???????
So in your eyes failure to sell out a two date tour of the U.K. and an album that made just over £60,000 in its first week is a sign of success?????
Jesus you are so out of touch but I suppose on the other you’re hand making plenty of us on here laugh in these difficult times.

?? :knife:
I miss the 'insightful' voting button. It was the ideal sarcastic put down for moronic posts from frogspawn like you, Benji The Shitish Bitcher.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom