IANADOAC named record of the year

The Wild Turkey

Wild T!
Turkerator
Congratulations Moz!
IANADOAC was named Record Of The Year,
accordin' to the music lovers of Moz-Solo.

1. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - Morrissey
2. Rough And Rowdy Ways - Bob Dylan
3. A Hero's Death - Fontaines D.C.
4. (Tie) Fetch The Bolt Cutters - Fiona Apple
Desire - Desire Marea
Pabst - Deux Ex Machina
Introduction, Presence - Nation Of Language
5. (Tie) Manger On McNichols - Boldy James And Sterling Toles
Weltschmerz - Fish
Sundowner - Kevin Morby

Congratulations Moz!
IANADOAC was named Record Of The Year,
accordin' to the music lovers of Moz-Solo.

1. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - Morrissey
2. Rough And Rowdy Ways - Bob Dylan
3. A Hero's Death - Fontaines D.C.
4. (Tie) Fetch The Bolt Cutters - Fiona Apple
Desire - Desire Marea
Pabst - Deux Ex Machina
Introduction, Presence - Nation Of Language
5. (Tie) Manger On McNichols - Boldy James And Sterling Toles
Weltschmerz - Fish
Sundowner - Kevin Morby
There are independent souls at Rolling Stones De who recklessly dared to list Dog in their personal top twenty of the year. The official top 50 of the mag looks different. I guess that during Corona and being a freelance writer, you make sure that your personal taste as a contributor does not deviate too much from that of your money source.

x1.png
x2.png

Not had time to go through all the aggregated reviews and end of year lists here to see if IANADOAC features anywhere (there's lots):

If anyone feels like trawling through them...
Regards,
FWD.

Not had time to go through all the aggregated reviews and end of year lists here to see if IANADOAC features anywhere (there's lots):

Regards,
FWD.
It looks like it's not included in any of the lists. I only checked about a dozen of the usual publications before I noticed that other albums have a "lists" tab on their page, which IANADOAC is lacking.

It looks like it's not included in any of the lists. I only checked about a dozen of the usual publications before I noticed that other albums have a "lists" tab on their page, which IANADOAC is lacking.

He's being ignored.

Someone will have to go to bat for him.

He's being ignored.

It's weird. Mojo for example rated it 80 upon release but doesn't include it in its 75 Best Albums of 2020 list, despite including many other albums that rated below 80.
IANADOAC only has 17 critical reviews in total aggregated on this page, which is a rather small number.

It's weird. Mojo for example rated it 80 upon release but doesn't include it in its 75 Best Albums of 2020 list, despite including many other albums that rated below 80.
IANADOAC only has 17 critical reviews in total aggregated on this page, which is a rather small number.

Lists are about reputation as much as anything else - he was completely condemned, but now there's doubt, so they don't know what they're supposed to say or feel about him.

Something needs to make an impact. He needs a cultural moment.

Lists are about reputation as much as anything else.
I know, but it's f***ing stupid to call a list "75 Best Albums of 2020" and not make it the 75 highest rated albums of 2020.

Please don't talk to me about vague stuff like "a cultural moment", I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. 😂

I know, but it's f***ing stupid to call a list "75 Best Albums of 2020" and not make it the 75 highest rated albums of 2020.

Please don't talk to me about vague stuff like "a cultural moment", I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. 😂

They are stupid. It's just lazy filler when you're about to go on holiday.

Ach! 😳 It just means there's something (an article, a tv appearance, a song... ) that gets a lot of traction in the media/social media & it changes the way people talk about him.

They are stupid. It's just lazy filler when you're about to go on holiday.

Ach! 😳 It just means there's something (an article, a tv appearance, a song... ) that gets a lot of traction in the media/social media & it changes the way people talk about him.
Yeah. I just don't like the term because it sounds much more meaningful than it actually is. 😉

Regards,
FWD.
This right here is the most officially outstandin' list that ya gonna get.
It was chosen by music lovers and not compromised insiders.

Yeah, I remember the MoJo review, it was rather short. Perhaps it reflected the singular view of the reviewer, and not a consensus view held by all journalists of MoJo. Or perhaps the albums contending for the list are those that receive extensive reviews.

He's being ignored.

Stop, please.
He's the opposite of ignored, but for the wrong reasons. The record mostly got pretty good reviews even by people who seemed to apologize for liking it. All that matters is that he did good work.

Well, a review is written and graded by one critic. But the "best of 2020" is compiled from the lists by various writers, so one or two writers loving the album doesn't merit to anything, if the 30 or so other writers don't rate it.

EDIT: Mayfly has apparently already pointed out this.

Back
Top Bottom