IANADOAC - singles?

RobLand

Visitor since 1997
Is this album the first time Morrissey has released a new album without it being preceded by a physical single release? (By the way, wasn't there a promised single backed by Rainbow Valley? What happened to that?)

I’m hoping something will be announced on or right before the release

bit late..

Pretty much. 'World Peace' came close, but I guess you can count that limited edition 12" that came out around the same time. Wikipedia says it came out a week earlier, but in the UK it literally came out the same day as the LP, and was stacked next to the album in the new release racks.

Kinda sad really, remembering all those great B Sides we used to get with the physical releases. Oh well. Times change.

For the first time in his entire career (Smiths or since), virtually all radio stations have refused to play any of the songs that have been released, probably due to (amongst other things) Morrissey giving his formal, unambiguous support to a far-right political party via his website.
Had Radio 2 got behind Bobby, Love is... or Knockabout World (like they've backed many of his other recent-ish singles) a case could probably have been made for physical product. But alas it was not to be...

Expect Bobby on fucshia 7'' backed by a stomping, synth-heavy cover of "The Last Farewell." Dirk Bogarde on the sleeve. May 2021 release.

For the first time in his entire career (Smiths or since), virtually all radio stations have refused to play any of the songs that have been released, probably due to (amongst other things) Morrissey giving his formal, unambiguous support to a far-right political party via his website.
Had Radio 2 got behind Bobby, Love is... or Knockabout World (like they've backed many of his other recent-ish singles) a case could probably have been made for physical product. But alas it was not to be...
YOU again!!!

Has there bean any mention of how many songs were recorded during the IANADOAC sessions?

Has there bean any mention of how many songs were recorded during the IANADOAC sessions?

I am hoping I can count on our usual savior FWD to come through on this, but I believe in the first interview in which Morrissey mentioned a follow-up to California Son that it would be a 12-track album. So there's got to be at least one more track, right?

I am hoping I can count on our usual savior FWD to come through on this, but I believe in the first interview in which Morrissey mentioned a follow-up to California Son that it would be a 12-track album. So there's got to be at least one more track, right?
Yes I recall the mention of 12 tracks too. I guess no physical singles means an album can be put together quicker as in the past 3 singles would require approx 6 b-sides whereas this time 3 instant grat digital releases requires no extra b-sides. Perhaps intended b-sides become album tracks, basically meaning less songs are needed over the sessions.

yes seconded on @Famous when dead ’s thoughts!

There will probably be a deluxe version by the end of the year with the extra/left over tracks.

Expect Bobby on fucshia 7'' backed by a stomping, synth-heavy cover of "The Last Farewell." Dirk Bogarde on the sleeve. May 2021 release.
Apparently it's now been psuhed back by another 6 months. :(

Back
Top Bottom