Morrissey Central "IF THERE’S SOMETHING" (October 9, 2021)

IF THERE'S SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO TRY
ASTLEY, ASTLEY, ASTLEY

Img_2021_10_10_13_01_49.jpeg

"My sincere thanks to Rick and the Blossoms for their recent recentness.
Anything that generates interest in
that tired old Smiths warhorse is testimony to the wallop it packed.
THANK YOU!"

-Morrissey, October 2021.

Regards,
FWD.

(Article first noticed by @Gregor Samsa & @Surface - their posts remain in original thread as being discussed there too).

Subsequent to the above (October 11, 2021):

RICK BLOSSOM AND THE ASTLEYS

As I was saying, at least this Astley thing will generate not only interest from the younger generation in The Smiths work, but also
interest in Morrissey’s other work.

VIVA MOZ !!!!

:cool:

As I was saying, at least this Astley thing will generate not only interest from the younger generation in The Smiths work, but also
interest in Morrissey’s other work.

VIVA MOZ !!!!

Sincere thanks from Morrissey, whereas you have spent 24 hours dissing the gigs.

Sincere thanks from Morrissey, whereas you have spent 24 hours dissing the gigs.
You two-faced wanker. You boot-licking two-faced wanker

FUUCK YOU !!!

My dislike of Ricks voice has nothing to do with the positive outcome of interest from a younger generation in Morrissey’s work.

If you you go through the Marr, Astley related threads you will find I already said that at least something good will hopefully come out of this, that being a younger generation’s interest in Morrissey’s work.

So VIVA MOZ !!! you turds .... :p

Better than Marr 🤪🤪🤪🤪😆

Sincere thanks from Morrissey,
Lol
whereas you have spent 24 hours dissing the gigs.

Was Morrissey not ‘dissing’ the Astley debacle by not attending, though he did have time for Echobelly.

Think on that, you turd.

And btw I’m still waiting for your reply to my post #190 in this thread, or do you, as usual, have nothing?

Lol

Was Morrissey not ‘dissing’ the Astley debacle by not attending, though he did have time for Echobelly.

Think on that, you turd.

And btw I’m still waiting for your reply to my post #190 in this thread, or do you, as usual, have nothing?

You've embarrassed yourself over the last 24 hours Ketamine, probably best you shut up for a while.

You've embarrassed yourself over the last 24 hours Ketamine, probably best you shut up for a while.

The embarrassing behavior is yours.

Thank You for your non replies,
as usual, you have nothing.

IF THERE'S SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO TRY
ASTLEY, ASTLEY, ASTLEY

View attachment 76911

"My sincere thanks to Rick and the Blossoms for their recent recentness.
Anything that generates interest in
that tired old Smiths warhorse is testimony to the wallop it packed.
THANK YOU!"

-Morrissey, October 2021.

Regards,
FWD.

(Article first noticed by @Gregor Samsa & @Surface - their posts remain in original thread as being discussed there too).

Good afternoon, FWD.

When accessing general discussion on Morrissey-solo, this thread does not appear. I could access it only by going through Rick Astley and Blossoms thread. How is that?

Thanks. MF.

Lol

Think on that, you turd.

Who knows why he went to Echobelly? Whatever the reason, it’s quite obvious today he wasn’t dissing Astley & co. Rather, he was being deeply supportive, as per the statement on MC. Morrissey has put that debate to bed.

I mean - the way this went:

K - Did you see that performance? What a disgrace to the memory of The Smiths
M - What a great tribute to the band
K - Ah, now I've realised I was wrong because the guy whose boots I lick has told me so. How foolish of me. Here's my new opinion...

All within a space of a few hours.

I'm gonna need to hear the 50 second intro to Barbarism to determine how weirded out I am about this. It is the band that are quite good and certainly not Rick. Beloved as he is, I could do that. Go Ket!

Good afternoon, FWD.

When accessing general discussion on Morrissey-solo, this thread does not appear. I could access it only by going through Rick Astley and Blossoms thread. How is that?

Thanks. MF.
Absolutely no idea - control refresh?
It is currently showing on the front page and in the general forum listings - checked via different browser.
Regards,
FWD.

Who knows why he went to Echobelly? Whatever the reason, it’s quite obvious today he wasn’t dissing Astley & co. Rather, he was being deeply supportive, as per the statement on MC. Morrissey has put that debate to bed.
I would anticipate he’s thinking about touring in the UK soon, and he might be considering Echobelly as support? I personally would welcome this: it’s 17 years since I’ve seen Morrissey tour with a good support band (Sack being the last credible opener I can remember).

I mean - the way this went:

K - Did you see that performance? What a disgrace to the memory of The Smiths
M - What a great tribute to the band
K - Ah, now I've realised I was wrong because the guy whose boots I lick has told me so. How foolish of me. Here's my new opinion...

All within a space of a few hours.

FUUCK YOU

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom