Morrissey Central "IF THERE’S SOMETHING" (October 9, 2021)

IF THERE'S SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO TRY
ASTLEY, ASTLEY, ASTLEY

Img_2021_10_10_13_01_49.jpeg

"My sincere thanks to Rick and the Blossoms for their recent recentness.
Anything that generates interest in
that tired old Smiths warhorse is testimony to the wallop it packed.
THANK YOU!"

-Morrissey, October 2021.

Regards,
FWD.

(Article first noticed by @Gregor Samsa & @Surface - their posts remain in original thread as being discussed there too).

Subsequent to the above (October 11, 2021):

RICK BLOSSOM AND THE ASTLEYS

Who knows why he went to Echobelly? Whatever the reason, it’s quite obvious today he wasn’t dissing Astley & co. Rather, he was being deeply supportive, as per the statement on MC. Morrissey has put that debate to bed.

Isn't it well documented that Morrissey's always liked Echobelly?
Isn't that a good enough reason to go to see their show?

I look at it dispassionately.

I guess, I belong to this so-called "younger" generation that Rick Astley is supposed to introduce to the Smiths....? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Morrissey not ‘dissing’ the Astley debacle by not attending, though he did have time for Echobelly.
Yes, going to see Rick & co. would have been a truly relaxing night out for Morrissey. The minute he stepped in, he would have been mobbed and harassed by absolutely everyone there -- people would have been pushing him to the stage and the band might even have invited him there. That would have been an total nightmare for every even slightly sane person. Morrissey loves being adored but only on his own terms; when he's in control like in his own concerts. Surely many Echobelly fans recognized him, but I'm sure there was no no hysteria above the normal level.

I mean - the way this went:

S - Ah, now I've realised I was wrong because the guy whose boots I lick (US) has told me so. How foolish of me. Here's my new opinion...

All within a space of a few hours.

Fixed
Surface starts with S not K FFS learn your ABCso_O
:hammer:

o_O

WTF? arent Skinny and his minions supposed to against all Moz/SER statements? Statement after statement they attack. NOW SUDDENLY its like Skinny himself had wrote and all the minions do a U turn right in the middle of the forum.:blushing:
possibly a hypocrisy word record by Skinny and his followers :hammer:

Yes, going to see Rick & co. would have been a truly relaxing night out for Morrissey. The minute he stepped in, he would have been mobbed and harassed by absolutely everyone there -- people would have been pushing him to the stage and the band might even have invited him there. That would have been an total nightmare for every even slightly sane person. Morrissey loves being adored but only on his own terms; when he's in control like in his own concerts. Surely many Echobelly fans recognized him, but I'm sure there was no no hysteria above the normal level.

Morrissey has put himself in similar situations where things have gotten out of hand, etc

But Yes I agree, it may be another reason why he didn’t attend, he is a living icon after all, in spite of the way some may feel about him.

Though he most likely would have not entered through the front door and would have secured himself away from the floor audience and not have been bothered much during the show, if he chose to go, instead he chose Echobelly.

Not saying it was a diss, but it can be taken that way.

Now, that's the spirit!

Last night I found myself wandering back to the car at High Barnet thinking: the only way this could've been even more awesome is if the gig had been a Sunday Night at the Palladium ironic-love letter to the past. Rick Astley was off the scale Music Hall / Carry On Karaoke-hokey-cokey-pig in a pokey Northern bantz between songs, a warm, generous and fun host... but...when it came to the nitty-gritty he sang those songs from somewhere deep, from within his buried teenage heart.

I'm so glad I ignored my.man-flu and drove down from Wrexham after the Richard Hawley gigs in that circus tent. Mad weekend. At 61, I can still shake a leg and take on the yoof on ye olde Hedonic Treadmill. Weekend Warriors of the world unite in Tufnell Park hostelries, Avin a farkin larf innit.

Last edited:
All fans of The Smiths, young and old, relax and take over. Rick is a nice guy, the Blossoms did a fine job and Morrissey's (?) comment is acknowledging.

:lbf:

Moz would have had his own royal suite FFS what are you on about? :crazy:

:hammer:

i wonder how long it will take monkey see monkey do
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: to make a statement, Him and Jr must
be in the war pantry 🤒
planning how to proceed :hammer:

Inspired by the success of this show, Uncleskinny And The Ninnies will be following suit and taking the same stage next week to re-enact the October Revolution.

Should be fun, comrades!

All fans of The Smiths, young and old, relax and take over. Rick is a nice guy, the Blossoms did a fine job and Morrissey's (?) comment is acknowledging.
Your quite right Frank🏅
But it has been fun watching a few on here get their gussets in a twist over something so trivial..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom