Morrissey Central "IF THERE’S SOMETHING" (October 9, 2021)

IF THERE'S SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO TRY
ASTLEY, ASTLEY, ASTLEY

Img_2021_10_10_13_01_49.jpeg

"My sincere thanks to Rick and the Blossoms for their recent recentness.
Anything that generates interest in
that tired old Smiths warhorse is testimony to the wallop it packed.
THANK YOU!"

-Morrissey, October 2021.

Regards,
FWD.

(Article first noticed by @Gregor Samsa & @Surface - their posts remain in original thread as being discussed there too).

Subsequent to the above (October 11, 2021):

RICK BLOSSOM AND THE ASTLEYS

He certainly is!

First of all, I'd like to say that I mean no disrespect to you as I gather that you're a big fan of Oasis and Liam Gallagher solo career.

I am not a fan of their music. I never could like them. Of course, they were a huge worldwide success, but Noel's lyrics didn't touch my heart and soul, and Liam's voice felt quite annoying to my ears.

Sometimes, while in my car going to work I tune in some radio station and there it is! Wonderwall. Well, I try to keep tuned and listen to the entire song, but I fail...

This is just to express my opinion that worldwide success and sold out concerts to huge crowds are not necessarily synonymous with artistic unanimity.

First of all, I'd like to say that I mean no disrespect to you as I gather that you're a big fan of Oasis and Liam Gallagher solo career.

I am not a fan of their music. I never could like them. Of course, they were a huge worldwide success, but Noel's lyrics didn't touch my heart and soul, and Liam's voice felt quite annoying to my ears.

Sometimes, while in my car going to work I tune in some radio station and there it is! Wonderwall. Well, I try to keep tuned and listen to the entire song, but I fail...

This is just to express my opinion that worldwide success and sold out concerts to huge crowds are not necessarily synonymous with artistic unanimity.

Not really, i've seen Oasis 3 times, right at the start of their career when I thought they were pretty good, once at Sheffield Arena where they were shite and I was actually at V Fest in Stafford which turned out to be their last ever gig. BTW, there's nothing wrong with not liking a band, there's loads that I don't like, however I never refer to them as being clowns.

IF THERE'S SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO TRY
ASTLEY, ASTLEY, ASTLEY

View attachment 76911

"My sincere thanks to Rick and the Blossoms for their recent recentness.
Anything that generates interest in
that tired old Smiths warhorse is testimony to the wallop it packed.
THANK YOU!"

-Morrissey, October 2021.

Regards,
FWD.

(Article first noticed by @Gregor Samsa & @Surface - their posts remain in original thread as being discussed there too).
What's tired is our setlist that hasn't changed in years. You expect your fans to spend their hard earned money for the same show over and over. At least these shows are giving fans what they want to hear!

Great response by Morrissey, although I sometimes find it difficult to ascertain whether he is being completely serious or the message should be taken with a grain of salt. At least he doesn't seem to be upset or angry, which proves quite a few people wrong.

Echobelly announced their tour dates in June, so it may not have been a last minute decision to attend the concert, especially as Morrissey has spoken highly of Echobelly in the past. I wonder if Morrissey sent out some spies to the gigs to make sure that Rick Astley and Blossoms weren't slandering or ridiculing him before typing the message (especially after the whole Simpsons debacle)?

Have Rick Astley and/or Blossoms already acknowledged Morrissey's message? I might be wrong, but I got the impression that the journalist doing that recent interview with Rick was putting words in Rick's mouth or at least pressured him to say those clichéd things about Morrissey. I guess that Rick never really managed to shake SAW's influence and avoids confrontation and controversy at all costs. But I think that Rick is probably elated to hear that his idol approves!

FUUCK YOU !!!

My dislike of Ricks voice has nothing to do with the positive outcome of interest from a younger generation in Morrissey’s work.

If you you go through the Marr, Astley related threads you will find I already said that at least something good will hopefully come out of this, that being a younger generation’s interest in Morrissey’s work.

So VIVA MOZ !!! you turds .... :p

:cool:

I am certainly not a fan of Rick Astley (I only know one song by him the one that became a meme)...

BUT the covers were really good and they sounded very well.
He did a good work!

(The blossoms didn't sound quite fantastic, but simply OK as to make the one who became the star, Rick, do his job).

I am certainly not a fan of Rick Astley (I only know one song by him the one that became a meme)...

BUT the covers were really good and they sounded very well.
He did a good work!

(The blossoms didn't sound quite fantastic, but simply OK as to make the one who became the star, Rick, do his job).
he has more than 1 song?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom