If you've downloaded this before, stop me

Yesterday morning, I was reading the excellent Slicing Up Eyeballs website, and they posted a clean version of Pixies "Monkey Gone to Heaven" with just the strings and vocals. I knew it wasn't in their discography, and no bit of filtering could have achieved that, so I wanted to hunt down the source. That eventually led me to the Rock Band video games. Rock Band needs these multi-track recordings to let every player play along at their own pace. By getting these tracks, you have the basic elements of a song, ready to mix or re-mix. That's where the Pixies track came from.

All you need is the game. Anyone with a few hours and several, lonely years of computer experience can then crack the files.

Rock Band does sell "This Charming Man" and "Irish Blood, English Heart" but they are paid downloads, and can not be cracked the same way the songs on the game disc are. According to some forums I was reading through, the video game producers have apparently taken steps to make sure it won't happen (for now), with encrypted files and what not.

The Ogg Vorbis files are exactly as they come from the disc. There was no interaction with the files. I did not process them or re-encode them in the slightest, so there are no "better quality" versions available.

Now, I assume everyone who's here has already purchased "Stop Me" tenfold. I have bought it 13 times, by my count. So I don't have any internal conflict about posting it - on the subject of money. What I don't like is that this is not what the artists intended, and I have always respected the wishes of Morrissey and Marr. My hope is that this posting encourages folks to make new mixes and re-mixes of the track and share them. Maybe a sample winds up in a #1 song. Maybe a really good remix gets a billion hits on YouTube. Maybe someone breaks down the tracks and learns how to sing or play guitar.

So in the end, please do some good with these tracks. I am practically morose with the idea that this will cause any injury to the people who I have followed, respected and honored for so long.

Very well said. I'd say this post alone pays fitting tribute to Moz and Marr. Thank you again so much for sharing, and I hope one more savvy amongst us has the skill to someday bring the mix of TCM to us. Unbelievable. :bow:

My god, that would be legendary if someone were to be able to do that.

Let's make it happen! We need someone with an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 and the game Rock Band 3. They would need to download the TCM track.

Then there are two steps. We have to figure out a way to take the track off of your internal game system hard drive. Then we have to decrypt the track. It IS possible.

Let's make it happen! We need someone with an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 and the game Rock Band 3. They would need to download the TCM track.

Then there are two steps. We have to figure out a way to take the track off of your internal game system hard drive. Then we have to decrypt the track. It IS possible.

I have PS3 and all the Smiths / Moz tracks already downloaded. I heard that the Beatles unmixed audios were taken by playing the track in "demo mode" and recording from the optical digital output from the XBox or PS3. I have no clue how to get the multitrack files from the songs. I'll play with it and see what I can get!

I have PS3 and all the Smiths / Moz tracks already downloaded. I heard that the Beatles unmixed audios were taken by playing the track in "demo mode" and recording from the optical digital output from the XBox or PS3. I have no clue how to get the multitrack files from the songs. I'll play with it and see what I can get!

Another approach would be to download this.
Rock_Band_DLC_for_2010-09-14_READNFO-XBOX360-RB-DLC

More info by clicking on the NFO files here.
http://www.vcdq.com/release/31962/Rock_Band_DLC_for_2010-09-14_READNFO-XBOX360-RB-DLC

Does anyone have access to that file? It would presumably still need to be decrypted, but at least we'd have the files on a PC.

This was how they initially got some imperfect isolations from the beatles RB before the files were cracked. They were cracked, though, and we got the full MOGG files.

Here's what I think needs to happen... do you have a way to see the contents of your PS3 hard drive? If it can be removed, we need to get the DLC raw file off the hard drive, wherever it is in the directory.

I don't own a PS3 but you can back up DLC content with the Backup Utility, onto a USB thumbdrive. Details here:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/backuputility.html

If you could do that, maybe we could figure out where that raw file is.

Another approach would be to download this.
Rock_Band_DLC_for_2010-09-14_READNFO-XBOX360-RB-DLC

More info by clicking on the NFO files here.
http://www.vcdq.com/release/31962/Rock_Band_DLC_for_2010-09-14_READNFO-XBOX360-RB-DLC

Does anyone have access to that file? It would presumably still need to be decrypted, but at least we'd have the files on a PC.
Hi David, from my research it seems that this file is useless unless you have a cracked Xbox. It's a way to put the DLC's on a cracked system, but I think packed in such a way that we can't get the one file out. I will keep investigating it though. I'm planning on putting a bounty out on some torrent sites to see if we can get a super geek to do this for us. Chances are good that we will never see another Smiths track in one of these games, so we have to find a way to get this, at least.

i have done a remix that i would like to share but i don´t want to get into creating accounts at youtube or mediafire or whatever. if anyone is interested, i can send it to them and they can put it online if they want...

Anyone care to upload an instrumental mix of Stop me? Without any remixing besides removing the vocals. It would be great.

yes, reggae is vile so here's a zip with two edits and a reggae blend :

01. Stop me if you think you've heard this one before (Dirtee Rephlex re-edit) 3:37
02. Stop me if you think you've heard this one before (Dirtee Rephlex' Everyday Riddim blend) 3:43
03. Stop me if you think you've heard this one before (Dirtee Rephlex extended) 7:23

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XS36D5U3

Tags
stop me
Back
Top Bottom