"I'm A Poet" - Black vinyl due mid September (live at Colorado University Fieldhouse, Boulder, October 1, 1992)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
item.png

I'M A POET - live at the Colorado University Fieldhouse, Boulder, October 1st, 1992.

Tracklist:

Girls Least Likely To
November Spawned A Monster
Certain People I Know
Sister I’m A Poet
Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference / My Insatiable One
Tomorrow
We’ll Let You Know
Suedehead
He Knows I’d Love To See Him
You’re The One For Me, Fatty
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Alsatian Cousin
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
Everyday Is Like Sunday
The National Front Disco

Mind Control Records – MIND747

Following 'Poetry Hour' and the WCH vinyl releases, comes another company selling a 'radio broadcast' - different art, but basically the same as Poetry Hour except black vinyl (there's no indication if it is a double disc currently).
The first known source for this (and note: described as soundboard), was Smithstorrents.

Nowhere do they say it's an incomplete gig and missing the first 2 tracks (You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side /
Glamorous Glue
), which have never surfaced.
This has existed as a bootleg for a long time and then as Poetry Hour CD & vinyl.

No exact release date given as suppliers have differing dates:

I have shared the soundboard of this gig in the downloads section and will repost if there's interest (and is highly likely the source for this product).

Regards,
FWD.

(Better in colour perhaps?).
morrissey-1992.jpg

Product Description
Stock expected from September 15th.
All pre orders will be dispatched/made ready for collection once stock arrives.

Morrissey – I’m A Poet – Live At The Colorado Fieldhouse, October 1st 1992 Vinyl LP – £17.99
Mind Control Records – MIND747

Superb radio broadcast recorded at the University of Colorado in Boulder on 1st October 1992. Morrissey on top form, promoting his third album ‘Your Arsenal’.

Tracklist:

Girls Least Likely To
November Spawned A Monster
Certain People I Know
Sister I’m A Poet
Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference / My Insatiable One
Tomorrow
We’ll Let You Know
Suedehead
He Knows I’d Love To See Him
You’re The One For Me, Fatty
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Alsatian Cousin
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
Everyday Is Like Sunday
The National Front Disco

This came out on double LP / CD as Poetry Hour last year, I presume it's the same source ?
Different company. Same stuff. They always call them 'broadcasts', but the source for this will be the Smithstorrents soundboard post, just like Wolverhampton (very strong speculation on my part, but that's how they usually operate and you won't find a source credit on the product I bet).
Regards,
FWD.

Great - just what I need. A bootleg recording, now with added vinyl noise.

Anyone else's version sound shit on Alsatian Cousin? All skippy and jumpy, sounds like the recording itself rather than the vinyl having a fault...an odd one.

Anyone else's version sound shit on Alsatian Cousin? All skippy and jumpy, sounds like the recording itself rather than the vinyl having a fault...an odd one.
I got it yesterday and indeed the song "Alsatian Cousin"
It all jumps!
The vinyl is also full of marks, scratches, stains and the cover is wrinkled. Just disappointed and very sad!

Here too, Alsation Cousin is all f*cked up somehow. Jumps and sudden tempo changes. The recording rather than the pressing it seems...

Back
Top Bottom