I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris - reworking an older song?

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Is it my steamed-up mind, or is the new single similar in many respects to I Can Have Both (especially the chorus)? It's no bad thing - they are both terrific songs. Does anyone else hear this?

Thought not.

Peter

Is it my steamed-up mind, or is the new single similar in many respects to I Can Have Both (especially the chorus)? It's no bad thing - they are both terrific songs. Does anyone else hear this?

Thought not.

Peter

To me, it just seems like (another) attempt at a "jingly jangly" Smiths-esque tune. Something Is Squeezing My Skull would do much better as a lead single, and garner a bit more media attention. But who cares, I think we're all looking forward to the B-sides more than the single itself.

Jingly Jangly?

img_3.jpg

Yeah, now you mention it the chorus does remind me of I Can Have Both. I am looking foward to hearing the studio version of Paris.

Love PTxx.

To me, it just seems like (another) attempt at a "jingly jangly" Smiths-esque tune. Something Is Squeezing My Skull would do much better as a lead single, and garner a bit more media attention. But who cares, I think we're all looking forward to the B-sides more than the single itself.

I read that alot, i'm not so familiar with his b-sides, but are they really so much better? Can you give me an example which b-side is better that the actual single?

I read that alot, i'm not so familiar with his b-sides, but are they really so much better? Can you give me an example which b-side is better that the actual single?

Best b-side in my opinion is Jack The Ripper. He has loadsa great b-sides, I am sure there is a thread with all of them listed.

Love PTxx.

Best b-side in my opinion is Jack The Ripper. He has loadsa great b-sides, I am sure there is a thread with all of them listed.

Love PTxx.

I agree that Jack the Ripper is a tremendous b-side, although IMO the live version to be found on the Beethoven Is Deaf album is far superior, as is this 2007 performance of it.

My favourite Morrissey b-side however is "Lost", which was on the Roy's Keen single in 1997. It may even be my favourite Morrissey song of all time.

I think ITMAAP is a completely shite choice as a first single and I thought "You Have Killed Me" was too.
"I Can Have Both" is pure class.
"Lost" is one of the greatest songs of all time.

I agree with you IAAG, i've youtubed alot of "new" songs and from what i've heared so far, "Im throwing my arms around paris" is probably the least catchy song.

not really

all Morrissey's songs sound the same

How many Morrissey's studio recorded albums have you listened?

Years of Refusal is his 9th solo studio album.

I don't find all Morrissey's songs sound the same.

Last edited:
Since we're on the topic of Maladjusted, I'd have to disagree with some people in saying that The Edges Are No Longer Parallel should have been an A-side. I have absolutely no qualm with the music, but Mozzer's lyrics just sound like he's reading straight out of a 9th grade geometry book including the adolescent heartache scribbled in the margins. "Lost" I can see -- but not TEANLP..

Back
Top Bottom