Incomparable Inhumans

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
:tears:

Mother Killed 8-Year-Old Daughter, Left Body in Apartment for Days

56275938.jpg

The girl's body was found following reports of a domestic dispute.
KTLA News

6:50 AM PDT, September 21, 2010

VENTURA -- An autopsy is scheduled Tuesday on an 8-year-old girl who police suspect was killed by her 25-year-old mother and then left inside a Ventura apartment for several days.

Officers with the Ventura Police Department made the gruesome discovery after they were called to an apartment complex around 11:30 a.m. Monday after neighbors reported loud screams coming from inside the apartment.

When they arrived, officers found a man and woman in an altercation outside the apartment in the 1300 block of Saratoga Avenue, said police Sgt. Jack Richards.

The man, who is believed to be the woman's boyfriend, appeared to have stab wounds to his wrist and arm and was taken to a local hospital. Neighbors say they heard him crying, "She killed her daughter."

Inside the apartment, officers found the body of an 8-year-old girl who had apparently been dead for days.

Neighbors say the little girl's body was found in the bathtub.

Her mother, Blair Stockdill, was arrested and booked into Ventura County Jail on suspicion of murder.

Neighbors set up a makeshift memorial outside the apartment Monday night in honor of the slain girl.

One neighbor told KTLA that Stockdill struggled with drug addicition and may have started using again recently.

"I know she used to use and she had been sober for a while. She was bipolar and stopped using her meds and started using again," the neighbor said.

Police say Stockdill had only recently regained custody of her daughter.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that this is perfectly human behavior. Humans are, for the most part, petty, cruel, violent creatures who care only about themselves. :tears:

I read about half of this and thought I'd better stop when I realized my happy-o-meter was sinking fast and I have artwork to do tonight.

You know these situations like the movie Precious or this very story go on all day, everyday, everywhere. Silent little victims being raised in the shadow of neglect. Clutching her trainers. :tears:

Unfortunately, it seems to me that this is perfectly human behavior. Humans are, for the most part, petty, cruel, violent creatures who care only about themselves. :tears:

This kind of thing is more common than is easy to rationalize away, but I don't think it's a reflection on humanity as a whole.

I always hate to spoil a party when the entire human race is the pinata, but the article did say she was bipolar and taking medication. :straightface:

I always hate to spoil a party when the entire human race is the pinata, but the article did say she was bipolar and taking medication. :straightface:

I only read the few sentenses of the article, didn't know she was bipolar and taking medication.
Japanese incident was worse than this. :(

If you're talking about the first story, I think it said she was supposed to be on medication and had stopped taking it. And relapsed on drugs.

I read about half of this and thought I'd better stop when I realized my happy-o-meter was sinking fast and I have artwork to do tonight.

You know these situations like the movie Precious or this very story go on all day, everyday, everywhere. Silent little victims being raised in the shadow of neglect. Clutching her trainers. :tears:

It is an incredibly sad story that stayed with me after I first read it. When I think of it, all I picture is that small, emaciated child eating the wallpaper. The photo included with the article is haunting.

Last edited:
There have 4 cases of this happening in Cleveland and in all of them the parents had just regained custody of the kids.
It's so sad, how could a parent kill thier own child.

Back
Top Bottom