Information regarding EMI catalogue - TTY

Sheridan Whiteside

Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Information regarding EMI catalogue
14 December 2010

EMI Music (Europe) have deleted the following Morrissey titles from their catalogue :

BEETHOVEN WAS DEAF (1993)

WORLD OF MORRISSEY (1995)

SUEDEHEAD-BEST OF MORRISSEY (1997)

http://www.true-to-you.net/

What does this mean? :confused:

Presumably that no new pressings will be made of the albums, so after the existing copies all sell out there will be no new ones.

It means that these albums are out of catalogue, production. I happened in Brazil yet with some Morrissey's albums (Viva Hate, Bona Drag, Your Arsenal)

On the upside, the withdrawal of the "Best of" compilations probably means there is another in the works that they don't want these to compete with. There's no way they'd just delete those and keep the regular albums, from a sales point-of-view.

On second thoughts, is that actually an upside?

A definite upside is that if you are hard-up in a few years time you will probably be able to sell your copy of Beethoven on eBay for forty squids.

On the upside, the withdrawal of the "Best of" compilations probably means there is another in the works that they don't want these to compete with.

It happens all the time.

These albums are still on Itunes and probably will be so, ever more.

I'm not usually a doom and gloomer but should we read something into Morrissey posting this information? He's making something of it after all.

Maybe this is the first time he's been "deleted" and that's all it is but is he letting us down gently by hinting that the game is finally up?

Surely his whole back-catalogue is not still available everywhere it was ever issued?

We never did get the exciting news that Janice Long and Jonathan Ross got so it's obvious something drastic happened just before the re-issue of Bona Drag....

This is logical to some extent.

World Of and Suedehead are both non-essential compilations featuring single tracks that could just as easily be included on expanded reissues of the original EMI albums.

And Beethoven Was Deaf is a great live album but since it is mostly Your Arsenal live then maybe it will be included as part of a deluxe YA reissue package or double or triple CD boxset some time in the future?

These albums are still on Itunes and probably will be so, ever more.

I'm not usually a doom and gloomer but should we read something into Morrissey posting this information? He's making something of it after all.

Maybe this is the first time he's been "deleted" and that's all it is but is he letting us down gently by hinting that the game is finally up?

Surely his whole back-catalogue is not still available everywhere it was ever issued?

We never did get the exciting news that Janice Long and Jonathan Ross got so it's obvious something drastic happened just before the re-issue of Bona Drag....

Well, it was just after the Guardian debacle. I wouldn't be surprised if that had an impact on the lack of interviews/news around that time.

Maybe you're right, but I'm hoping that it's just being posted to let us know that at some point the albums will no longer be officially available.

I love how this qualifies as "news" on the only current official Morrissey site.

How about something about 2011's plans? Even in a top-level general sense? Like this:

"Still no real label interest, but I (believe it or not) have a few ideas and will be heading to the studio in March with Boz and Co. for a week. We'll see what comes out of it. We are considering some live dates in the May/June/July timeframe, but nothing has been set in stone. Stay tuned here for news. Merry Christmas. Please eat Tofurkey. Yours for the taking, MORRISSEY."

So simple. Yet so NOT our man Morrissey.

Oh well. :D

Last edited:
Well , to me at least, the fact that Moz decided to have on TTY this piece of news must have some sort of meaning : reissues coming up. That is what I thought when I read that. I could be wrong but....
Cheers Moz

Maybe he's saying that now that EMI is his official label ("the perfect home"), he'll be keeping us updated on the goings-on with it.

Back
Top Bottom