Interview: Johnny Marr looks back on Electronic's debut album 30 years on

Oh yes, give us the dazzling danger and breathless excitement of Kill Uncle any time.

fail.

Did I say KU was those things?

fail.

Did I say KU was those things?
Not in so many words. I just pointed out that while Marr was crafting his "safe dance music" "back in the day" into a stone cold classic album (the Electronic's debut), your God had just released an album that not even he himself has much respect for.

Not in so many words. I just pointed out that while Marr was crafting his "safe dance music" "back in the day" into a stone cold classic album (the Electronic's debut), your God :rolleyes:had just released an album that not even he himself has much respect for.

‘stone cold classic’ ?! :laughing::rofl:

yeah it’s up there with Highway 61, Sticky Fingers, etc..

Get a grip.

while Marr was crafting his "safe dance music" "back in the day" into a stone cold classic album (the Electronic's debut)

:LOL: Barney Summer's lyrics haven't aged well. As for the music, Electronic were always playing catch-up. The album's entertaining enough, but it's no stone cold classic.

look back fondly to the first electronic album where :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
had a normal wig, the newest one has the plastic strands coming down to
his 👃
:hammer:

But apart from Morrissey, do you actuaaly like any music done after the seventies?

Yes of course.

And I’d like to add, when people ask me what music or bands I listen to, usually I don’t say The Smiths or Morrissey. I place them in a different unlabeled category, I can’t really explain why, not here at least.

Last edited:
But apart from Morrissey, do you actuaaly like any music done after the seventies?

Like to share this. Was just listening
to this album ( from 2020) yesterday by Anna von Hausswolff, while walking some trails. Beautiful songs on this one, here’s some ...

:)

Last edited:
I like her too! I've always been into Swans, Sunno))) and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, that kind of drone metal gothic post-rock thing, and hers is a more feminine take on that sound. Not something I'd listen to that often, but when I do, I'm always intrigued.

likely already familiar with this collaboration Sunn o))) and Scott Walker ? ....

I like her too! I've always been into Swans, Sunno))) and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, that kind of drone metal gothic post-rock thing, and hers is a more feminine take on that sound. Not something I'd listen to that often, but when I do, I'm always intrigued.

Tags
bernard summer electronic johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom