Interview with Cornershop's Tjinder Singh reflects on Morrissey protest

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...r-singh-brexit-morrissey-music-england-garden

Extract:

"On No Rock: Save in Roll you’ll also hear a discreet sitar; this musical synthesis is everywhere in Cornershop’s back catalogue, a musical response, perhaps, to how difficult assimilation has been for them in other ways. In 1993 their first EP’s lead track, England’s Dreaming, injected indie with the spirit of protest, fusing lyrics from the Smiths’ Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now and Public Enemy (“I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour/Fight the Power!”).

This protest was about Morrissey, who had draped himself in a union jack at a Madness gig in summer 1992, when the flag was very much a symbol of the far right. He had also released controversial songs such as The National Front Disco and Bengali in Platforms, the latter addressing an immigrant to Britain wanting to assimilate (“shelve your western plans/and understand/That life is hard enough when you belong here”). Cornershop had also set fire to pictures of Morrissey outside his record company offices around their EP’s release. This was dismissed as a press stunt by some at the time, but given Morrissey’s ramping up of anti-immigrant statements over the years – including wearing a badge celebrating the far-right For Britain party on America’s Jimmy Fallon show last May – it now seems on the money.

“What’s changed now is people have this phrase, and I think it’s a lovely phrase, called ‘white privilege’,” Singh says, looking back. “That’s what Morrissey had, that ability to just continue regardless – Clapton had it too.” He’s referring to Clapton’s drunken on-stage rant in 1976, saying that Britain was “overcrowded”, and that his fans should vote for Enoch Powell. That action prompted the creation of Rock Against Racism (Clapton has since said he feels “shame” about those remarks).

“Clapton then surrounded himself with black people, and now Morrissey’s doing the same,” says Singh, meaning Motown singer Thelma Houston, with whom Morrissey duetted on his recent single, Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know? “It was hard for Cornershop to make our stand then, because we were pulling a lot of disparate things together. We couldn’t just say, look at his badge. Look at his support of Tommy Robinson.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I can assure you that Moz is disgusted with the current fast-paced murder of the Ireland that he and his family always knew and felt much romantic devotion for.

It's a changed country. You don't need to read birthrates to know this - you only need to be there and to use your eyes.
^ Can you? Can you assure me?

Who the f*** is this tart?

No we're not!

Europe will always be European. It's a lump of rock with people living on it.

Europe won't be Europe if it's filled with Africans and those from the middle-east though and whitey-tightey is a minority. You work in London...you go on the tubes i imagine. You see with your own eyes.

My priest is Nigerian. Our congregation has worshippers from around the world. We're all brothers & sisters in Christ, Pip. That's how it works.

Happy St David's Day.
All Nigerians are not holy priests. That's not how it works.

It's not about just who's a terrible person........it's about keeping Europe European. Get with the programme Nerak. We're at the tipping point.
Keeping “Europe European”?

Brexit? England for the English?

What’s the “Europe” thing about? You’re not a party of Europe. We let you into the Union and now you’ve chosen to leave.

Off you go.

What’s the “Europe” thing about? You’re not a party of Europe. We let you into the Union and now you’ve chosen to leave.

Off you go.
All Europeans should get out of the EU and be proud of their country and flag.

The EU are a group of globalist bankers whose only care is money - not people.

So f*** em.

Off you go.

Don't worry, we are. Enjoy Turkey flooding your country.
:ROFLMAO:

All Europeans should get out of the EU and be proud of their country and flag.

The EU are a group of globalist bankers whose only care is money - not people.
^This tart is beyond daft.

Next time you’re in a pinch, begging for military help against your tiny island’s whack military, call the f***ing Queen.

“Nobody comes to the aid of a stuck-ignorant c***. Sink or swim, bitch.” - Half the world

Good book that. Though my fave Bible book is Song of Songs. Very tastefully erotic.
“Song of Psalms” or “Song of Solomon”.

Undoubtedly the greatest book of the Bible. ...and no coincidence that it’s in the middle, between the Torah and the New Testament..

Didn't you see what's going on in Greece? You think it's ever going to end?

Greece was occupied by Turkey under the Ottomans for centuries. Strangely their Greekness survived.

Turkey is using the border as a bargaining chip. It'll shut it whenever it gets what it's after. And this is the end of Europe's open borders ideal. No country is going to put up with that kind of blackmail.

Greece was occupied by Turkey under the Ottomans for centuries. Strangely their Greekness survived.

Turkey is using the border as a bargaining chip. It'll shut it whenever it gets what it's after. And this is the end of Europe's open borders ideal. No country is going to put up with that kind of blackmail.
Greek culture survived because there was no brainwashing media in those days. Cultures were proud and fought hard to survive. They fought to the death for their people! Now we just sit back and call each other racist.

The west suffers from a media-encouraged lack of self esteem. To be proud of your culture is now virtually banned.

That doesn't stop me though - I have no respect for my media brainwashers. I know their game. And it's anti-white.

Last edited:
If ever a song made any sense It’s this one.
There really is nothing to be frightened or feared.

Anyway, I'm going to stop the wider debate on migration stuff, because I'd rather focus on how seriously bloody annoying it is that UK hacks ignore Irish Catholic history & oppression.

& that one of our own is getting flack for the Butcher's Apron, when every other British pop star is covered in sodding Union Jacks.

Raging. :swear

Anyway, I'm going to stop the wider debate on migration stuff, because I'd rather focus on how seriously bloody annoying it is that UK hacks ignore Irish Catholic history & oppression.

& that one of our own is getting flack for the Butcher's Apron, when every other British pop star is covered in sodding Union Jacks.

Raging. :swear
The hacks ignore it because of the colour of Irish skin. They reject the Irish victim card because of race. That makes the hacks bona fide racists.

All whites must be lumped together as evil. Despite the first slaves in America being Irish. And despite Ireland being brutally colonised.

The Irish are now being guilt tripped over their imaginary 'past evils' and must compensate by donating their country to Africans.

Watch this - it's only a minute long.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom