Interview with Dave 'Milky' Millward, Morrissey's front-of-house engineer

For the "gearhead" fans, a brief new interview with Morrissey's front-of-house engineer Dave Millward.

Very technical, but still interesting.

INTERVIEW: Morrissey FOH engineer Dave ‘Milky’ Millward - Audio Pro International
by Daniel Gumble

Morrissey's FOH engineer Dave 'Milky' Millward recently caught up with Audio Pro Internaitonal editor Daniel Gumble to chat about his work on the former Smiths legend's current world tour, on which he has been utilising Allen & Heath's iLive mixing system...

davemillward.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Interview with Dave 'Milky' Millward, Morrissey's front-of-house enginee

Riveting stuff !!! What next ? Truck and driver magazine interview with Eddie "Airhorn" Stobbart leading trucker on the former Smiths legend's current world tour on which he has been utilising Tom tom's latest sat nav with built in hands free bluetooth i-pad CB radio driving system

Re: Article: Interview with Dave 'Milky' Millward, Morrissey's front-of-house enginee

i wanna take this guy out for a beer so he can explain this to me face to face.

it's all mumbo jumbo isn't it? I want to know if he ever falls asleep at the board hearing the same setlist night after night for the last 3 years

it's all mumbo jumbo isn't it? I want to know if he ever falls asleep at the board hearing the same setlist night after night for the last 3 years

What he's trying to say is "low budget i-pad auto-tune" Lets just tour on a budget because Stephen remains without a contract !!! YAWN!!!!

WAKE UP STEPHEN!!!!!!!!! Sack the band !!!!! Write some decent songs !!! FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He probably hears it in his sleep while on tour with Moz. Unless KY's opening act gets his nerves screaming, I'm sure he's bored with Moz's setlist night after night. This was an interesting article but not something I would normally be interested in--too much technical for me, but I did enjoy it.

i don't intend to be anonymous - BUT you've posted the funniest message on morrissey-solo ever.

Once i was a fan, but now I only get bored. First and last message on this forum by 'myself'

An interview with the Mixing guy and you STILL manage to turn it into an attack on Morrissey? You sad, sad f***tard. This is precisely why Morrissey despises this site. I know David has that whole adolescent 'freedom of speech without responsibility' thing going on, but redundant comments like that have no place at all. Just delete them.

i don't intend to be anonymous - BUT you've posted the funniest message on morrissey-solo ever.

Once i was a fan, but now I only get bored. First and last message on this forum by 'myself'

There are no fans here. Just sad, embittered haters who are stuck in the past.

... you've posted the funniest message on morrissey-solo ever.

Hardly. You must be new.

One of the funniest ever was something about British roots vs. British routes a couple months ago. Now that was exceptional.

Thanks for the link. Very good.

In fact the main page contained this pre-amble:

"For the "gearhead" fans, a brief new interview with Morrissey's front-of-house engineer Dave Millward.

Very technical, but still interesting."

Perhaps this would have helped avoid any confusion.

I still think it does not excuse the aggressive rudeness in the above replies.
So, it's not your cup of tea, move on, find something less challenging, but don't go straight in with the usual sarcasm and 'Sack The Band' comments etc.
Why are people so aggressive on here? Music is a beautiful thing... no?

Why didn't he mention the time Morrissey got him a stripper for his birthday?

:lbf:

Riveting stuff !!! What next ? Truck and driver magazine interview with Eddie "Airhorn" Stobbart leading trucker on the former Smiths legend's current world tour on which he has been utilising Tom tom's latest sat nav with built in hands free bluetooth i-pad CB radio driving system

Breaker, breaker, 10-4 good buddy, roger that...

That's funny! For the record though - Eddie is dead - I used to work for him!

There are no fans here. Just sad, embittered haters who are stuck in the past.

There *are* fans on here. -I for one am a fan, & do visit here for Moz/Smiths news & to use the forums from time to time.

BUT.

Unfortunately, there are also sad embittered haters...

Each time I visit, I am astounded by the many nasty comments against Morrissey & people who post comments. EG: Some comments posted in this thread. The more I come here, the more I realize why Moz calls it so low.

*le sigh*

That's funny! For the record though - Eddie is dead - I used to work for him!

His truck driver died? :(

Makes me appreciate all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes (or in this case in the front of the house) to put on a show. Over-my-head technically, but cool to see what they are using ipads for these days.

Thanks for the link. Very good.

In fact the main page contained this pre-amble:

"For the "gearhead" fans, a brief new interview with Morrissey's front-of-house engineer Dave Millward.

Very technical, but still interesting."

Perhaps this would have helped avoid any confusion.

I still think it does not excuse the aggressive rudeness in the above replies.
So, it's not your cup of tea, move on, find something less challenging, but don't go straight in with the usual sarcasm and 'Sack The Band' comments etc.
Why are people so aggressive on here? Music is a beautiful thing... no?

I wholeheartedly agree.

If you guys are fans; then why do you have to be rude?? And if you aren't Moz fan/used to be fans..well then why do you come to a site that's devoted to Morrissey (only to whine about him)?? I am not saying that the sun shines out of Morrissey's arse; yes, we can be critical of his works, but in every main page post that I've read, there is always someone saying the same old crap...

Tis rather baffling, to say the least.

IMO, this, amongst other things is giving Morrissey-Solo a bad rep. It's sad to see what this place has become...I don't even know why I bother coming here anymore.. :/

His truck driver died? :(

Edward Stobart (despite the thousands of lorries on Britain's roads) is dead. The company he built is now run by his brother William. And if a ten-ton truck................... (actually - the trucks in Stobarts fleet are mor 30 tonnes - but hey!)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom